The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

#44 Roman Hamrlik 2007-08

jl-1

This guy is just a lil too under-rated and too under-mentioned for my liking. He has definetly been argueably our best defensive dman this season. He is very quiet in his ways which makes him go unnoticed. Definetly an unsung hero for us this season. He made some terrific plays against Boston the other night. His importance to this team was made obvious for that week he was out with the flu a month ago when we couldn't seem to win without him. A great acquisition by Mr. Gainey.

He's definately been a huge part of our success. He doesn't get the same attention as Komisarek (who is younger and has more highlight reel hits), but I think he's played just as well as him and is just a step below Markov.

Guest Oatmeal777

I wonder how much effect Hamrlik has had on the good play of Gorges. You can't know for sure, but I've noticed that the guys he gets paired with often have their better nights lining up beside him.

Guest Handlanger

That guy is a terrific - the Carey Price of our defense - always calm and controled, but so intense and steady that you wonder if he can ever get nervous. Just a steady worker who brings it in every single shift. And he's fine with however is paired with him. It just doesn't matter, he does the job.

Guest jennifer_rocket

I'm excited to see Roman perform the post-season. He's been absolutely steadfast in his defensive game for us this season, and I hope he turns it up a notch when the 1st round starts!

Guest RadioHab

I just wanted to say that Hammer deserves a lot of credit for the success of our young D. Every player he plays with gets better by leaps and bounds and he is a huge stabalizing force in our back end that calms everyone down. It makes me laugh every time the puck gets dumped in our zone and somone tries to check him, they end up falling while he skates away with the puck. The man is a rock... Keep up the great work Roman I am very glad you are on our side!

Guest QbGamer

Its as if the players draw sticks to see who gets to play with hammer, as his partner has been changed soo often, and each time somoene does have a chance to play with him there game improves by a bit

Guest jennifer_rocket

We need a big game from the Hammer tonight.

A win tonight against the Sens earns us the division and confidence against our rivals!

Hamrlik will be important tonight!

Guest QbGamer

Im hoping he is ok, it looked like he hurt his groin pretty bad in the late stages of that first period.

I know he came back out and played the rest of the game, But so did koivu after his injury..

Lets all hope hes ok

Guest habtalk

Hammer was awesome tonight ... blocking shots ... dishing out hits ...

Hopefully his early departure from tonight's game (vs Ottawa) was not indicating an injury. He fell awkwardly in the 2nd checking Alfredson.

Great game 44!

Guest jennifer_rocket
Hammer was awesome tonight ... blocking shots ... dishing out hits ...

Hopefully his early departure from tonight's game (vs Ottawa) was not indicating an injury. He fell awkwardly in the 2nd checking Alfredson.

Great game 44!

I think his early departure was due to him and Neil carrying on after a whistle.

Guest bigsby
I think his early departure was due to him and Neil carrying on after a whistle.

but he didn't get a misconduct according to the game sheet, only neil did.

makes me worried. :(

Guest TheFly

He was probably sore, so Carbonneau said he could rest, there was 2 minutes left. As a coach I would have done the same.

Guest bigsby
He was probably sore, so Carbonneau said he could rest, there was 2 minutes left. As a coach I would have done the same.

that's what i'm hoping (fingers crossed)

That's what I thought too, specially that Neil was out of the picture. He'll probably be sore as hell tomorrow but I dont think it's anything serious.

Guest fansince1975

I don't think he is injuried seriously. But when I saw him leave at the moment as Neil I assumed they both got penalties. I hope his is good. Just some minor injuries. Crossed fingers.

Guest QbGamer

On sportsnet, they mentioned tha neil + hammer were thrown out of the game. As the refs went over to the bench to find the guy neil was fighting with.. Found hammer, and they were both out

I think it was just 10 min penalities,

Im more worried about the injury, look like a bad groin pull, those can last a few weeks, but he did continue to play after it, so i dont know........ Hopefully we will hear everything is ok with everyone tomorrow :)

Guest Philly

What a great game for Roman Hamrlik against the Buffalo Sabres and what a good pass to Christopher Higgins

that scored his 25th goal of the season i believe, but i have to say that i'm really impressed with Roman's job.

This guy is really important to us and we have to admit it, because Roman brings a lot of experience to the young

players in our team, but i hope Roman will have a much bigger impact during playoff time, so that's my opinion.

Guest jennifer_rocket

Let this guy rest on Saturday, Carbonneau!

Listen to me! Don't play him against Toronto. We need him 100% fresh and ready for the post-season.

Archived