The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#44 Roman Hamrlik 2007-08

jl-1

Guest caperns
I just want to say this about Roman Hamrlik: Daniel Briere be damned, Roman Hamrlik was a better free agent signing simply because he is a more complete veteran prescence on our back blue line. He provides a stability that only a former 1st rounder can provide.He blocks shots, plays physical, is solid positionally, etc...

Montreal's defence was suspect last season...with the addition of Hamrlik, coupled with the keeping of Markov makes our defence one of the tougher ones to play against night in, night out.

I agree Mojo. I was not to keen on the get briere at any cost. I did not think he was worth the money we were throwing at him.

Roman has come in and has given everything he has night in and night out. His size, knowledge of the game has actually blown me away.

I was such a Souray Supporter, becuase of his toughness and his apparent team first attitude. When he turned down a couple of different offers from our club I begin to question his team first attitude. From game one this year Roman continues to win me over.

Hammer so far is the best move gainey has made since taking over as GM of this club. Not counting the drafting. But trades and free agents.

Guest habinto

Gainey must be smiling with this pickup. Hamer is very good!! Worth every penny. Our team looks so much better than last year and he is a key component. He stablizes our D so much. Merci!!!!

Hammer is really the only Good move Gainey has picken up

I mean we have picked up a few players here and there, but there mainly patches for the team 1 yr here, 1 yr there, Hammer is here for 5 long years, and he has already showed why Gainey was willing to cut off talks with Sourray and then pick him up

That was a precious moment, Sourray was probably shocked

Guest habs fan #1
I just want to say this about Roman Hamrlik: Daniel Briere be damned, Roman Hamrlik was a better free agent signing simply because he is a more complete veteran prescence on our back blue line. He provides a stability that only a former 1st rounder can provide.He blocks shots, plays physical, is solid positionally, etc...

Montreal's defence was suspect last season...with the addition of Hamrlik, coupled with the keeping of Markov makes our defence one of the tougher ones to play against night in, night out.

Absolutely

Guest overlords
Hammer is really the only Good move Gainey has picken up

I mean we have picked up a few players here and there, but there mainly patches for the team 1 yr here, 1 yr there, Hammer is here for 5 long years, and he has already showed why Gainey was willing to cut off talks with Sourray and then pick him up

That was a precious moment, Sourray was probably shocked

I love this guy. he's got a bit of a mean streak too. With our pp... whats the use in even having souray? My only regret is that we didn't sign him and trade him... or trade him at deadline. We could have gotten some SICK picks or prospects for souray.

really?! no love for hamrlik since nov 15th?! shame on us!

i guess the quieter the player thread the better the player...(see markov's lol).

great game tonight: goal, assist and +3 - what more could you ask for? i'm so glad we signed this guy!

Guest RedLightRacicot

i guess the quieter the player thread the better the player...(see markov's lol).

great game tonight: goal, assist and +3 - what more could you ask for? i'm so glad we signed this guy!

he has really been an upgrade from the last guy to wear # 44!

continuous love for hamrlik, i just keep it to myself ;)

this is my 'lucky penny' http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v662/dannit/hammercoin.png :lol:

Guest RadioHab

I would have to agree with that even though I am a Souray fan. Hammer is MUCH better all around and more worthy of the money he is earning. 5-6 mill is too much money to be spending on a powerful accurate shot as rare as that may be. I did not know much about Hammerliks style of play before he came to Montreal but after watching him through 18 games I am being won over more and more every game. Keep up the good work Roman!

Guest Miltie01

Remember all the Calgary fans coming to the board in the summer and laughing at us for signing Hammer ?

Well.......Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ah ha ha ha and ha !!!!

You can tell this guy is a sniper, he has a 1/2 open net, misses it to hit off of there defensmans butt to score.

I think he was soo sure of himself, he wanted to do something sneaky :)

Great goal Hammer, heck he has a ton more points then sourray this season already :)

after making a point of praising him in this thread that was not the game i wanted to see from him tonight. (i'm par for the course though - i've made very few positive comments after a loss like that). sooooooo disappointing.

the guy is allowed one bad game per 20 isn't he? why did he have to pick that one though **sigh**

too true. every player will have their 'first' bad game. totally allowed. but really, against the SENS?! boooooo. ;)

Guest CanadianMike

bite your tongue...let me see you say that next season and the season after that. :D His contract is too long. He is playing very well, but I can see him having as bad a season as he was bad last night.

Guest silversnake
too true. every player will have their 'first' bad game. totally allowed. but really, against the SENS?! boooooo. ;)

kostopoulous had a bad game and a really bad giveaway against the Sens and he has been 10x better ever since that game / error. Maybe Hamrlik will be even better now.

Now that's wishfull thinking :)

kostopoulous had a bad game and a really bad giveaway against the Sens and he has been 10x better ever since that game / error. Maybe Hamrlik will be even better now.

Now that's wishfull thinking :)

i'll take it though...i like your positive spin :D

what does a guy have to do to get a little attention around here, play poorly?! lol.

1a, +2 and 25min of ice-time - all after playing his worst game of the season against the sens; looks like silversnake was right to compare him to kostopoulous!

all praise from me today :D

Archived