The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#46 Andrei Kostitsyn 2007-08

jl-1

I just do not see a contract for more than 4 years for Andrei.

i can't really see it either but i wouldn't be upset if it was a little longer. i certainly hope it's not less than four years.

i wonder if players continue to get these long contracts - without nmc etc. - than maybe we'll see the rebirth of trades outside of draft day and the deadline.

This is taking too long and I'm starting to get worried.

no reason to worry yet. they're in talks and i expect they'll get a deal done soon. meehan's busy wheeling and dealing for all his clients right now so that might explain the delay.

Mike Boone says that Gainey met yesterday with Andrei Kostitsyn's agent, Don Meehan for what Gainey described as a "solid discussion.". They'll meet again today.

Boone sees AK46 signed by the middle of next week. He says "No idea what it will cost the Canadiens. You gotta figure north of $2 million, no?"

I think it will definitely be north of $2 million. But it would be good to see Kostitsyn signed before July 1.

http://www.habsinsideout.com/boone/8516

Sportsnet is reporting that Philly signed Carter to a 3 year contract of $15 million. Carter's numbers are similar to Kostitsyn, so I see this making it more difficult to sign Kostitsyn at a price that Gainey would think is reasonable. NHL salaries continue to skyrocket.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2008/06/19/...hree_year_deal/

this makes me nervous - although i wouldn't complain about a 4-5yr contract worth $15mil.

Sounds reasonable after what Carter just got from Philly.

is it finalized and not just a report? this will set the bar...is meehan carter's agent too?! :mellow:

I posted in Streit's thread that if Bob is going to met with Streit on Monday then talks are probably going well enough with Andrei that Bob has a rough idea how much room he has to sign Andrei and Streit.

I could see a 2-3 year deal at 2.5-3.25 a year. The only reason I say that is Bob doesn't toss out long term deals to RFA however he may be more inclined to keep Andrei around for the same length as Sergei who is here for 3 more years I believe.

Team 990 reporting this morning they have sources who claim the frame work for a 4 year deal worth between 2.5 - 4 million dollars is pretty well set, they have conflicting reports from some of the sources, one said 3.7 for 4 years while the other said 2.7 for 3 years. They say this ground work for their deal has allowed Gainey to pluck in some much needed negotiaton time before july 1st with Streit, now that Andrei is almost done.

Great news, Andrei`s contract sounds pretty fair to me, as I believe 4 years from now he will be worth much more than that.

I posted in Streit's thread that if Bob is going to met with Streit on Monday then talks are probably going well enough with Andrei that Bob has a rough idea how much room he has to sign Andrei and Streit.

I could see a 2-3 year deal at 2.5-3.25 a year. The only reason I say that is Bob doesn't toss out long term deals to RFA however he may be more inclined to keep Andrei around for the same length as Sergei who is here for 3 more years I believe.

I wonder will the two brother live together in a mansion until Sergei gets a big offer.

I been waitin along time for this kid to be a part of the big club and when he finally had a full season and to see him breakout like he did he should be the clubs priority to sign him,

He really played well after his brother was called up. That seems to be when he really broke out.

It should be a priority to sign him, unless he's involved in a deal already.

Team 990 reporting this morning they have sources who claim the frame work for a 4 year deal worth between 2.5 - 4 million dollars is pretty well set, they have conflicting reports from some of the sources, one said 3.7 for 4 years while the other said 2.7 for 3 years. They say this ground work for their deal has allowed Gainey to pluck in some much needed negotiaton time before july 1st with Streit, now that Andrei is almost done.

Great news, Andrei`s contract sounds pretty fair to me, as I believe 4 years from now he will be worth much more than that.

i hope it's four years but i'll take three - the first 'report' i think is the best and makes the most sense, imho but i don't care as long as this guy's signed before the first. i'm so relieved to hear it's almost a done deal - i'm not sure where 990 gets their information but i'm going to hope they're right.

I want this deal DONE before Gainey goes to meet Mats Sundin.

I don't think Sundin's deal is as important as Kostitsyn's for the long-term benefit of our club.

4 years!

$2.5 million, $2.9 million, $3.0 million, $3.75 million.

Get it done, Bob!

agreed! get it done!

Archived