The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#46 Andrei Kostitsyn 2007-08

jl-1

Browsin 4th period source and it looks like they have something on our boy Andrei that they got from le journal check it out. Looks like andrei is hopin to stay in MTL!.4th period source

I'm sure he would like to stay in Montreal, but he makes it clear that the salary has to be right. In the article it says "In an interview with a Belarusian paper on Friday, Kostitsyn said his priority is to sign a new contract with the Habs, but he's willing to wait until he receives an offer that catches his eye."

I'm sure he would like to stay in Montreal, but he makes it clear that the salary has to be right. In the article it says "In an interview with a Belarusian paper on Friday, Kostitsyn said his priority is to sign a new contract with the Habs, but he's willing to wait until he receives an offer that catches his eye."

i doubt anyone will grease gainey like that. All he basically sais is he willing to wait to see what they are offering him too see what he's worth doesnt mean he'll leave..and it don't mean he'll stay take it how u want too.

i doubt anyone will grease gainey like that. All he basically sais is he willing to wait to see what they are offering him too see what he's worth doesnt mean he'll leave..and it don't mean he'll stay take it how u want too.

Personally, I want him to stay. He has shown too much in the last year for us to lose him. First round picks are good, but you never know how they will turn out. We know what Kostitsyn brings to the rink, and he has a long career in front of him.

Well, Meehan just got Shea Weber a 3-year $13.5M contract and he's only played about 2 seasons and last season he had quite a few injuries. I seriously can't stand Meehan and he's probably putting into Kostitsyns head that he can get like $5M/season contract since we have the cap room.

Well, Meehan just got Shea Weber a 3-year $13.5M contract and he's only played about 2 seasons and last season he had quite a few injuries. I seriously can't stand Meehan and he's probably putting into Kostitsyns head that he can get like $5M/season contract since we have the cap room.

I dont know in this new nhl defence seem to be going for alot more because the game has evolved so good dee are hard to find.

4 years at 12 million i think 3 million a year is appropriate or if not that a 3 year 9 million deal

ryder put up similar numbers to AK46 and never got more than 3 mill imo ak46 is a 3 million dollar player as of yet

$3 million a year for 3 or 4 years would be a great deal for the Canadiens. However, I think Kostitsyn's agent, Meehan, will be looking for a lot more based on what has happened so far in the off season.

This is making me paranoid about offer sheets. I don't know all the exacts on offer sheets but I know they can be used to snag RFA's. This guy is a huge part of the core of young players we have and I'm completely paranoid that someone will offer him something big. Also, I really just want to get him resigned. I'd hate to see him go to arbitration as well because this can sometimes have a negative effect on the player/management relationship. ANDREI ROCKS!

This is making me paranoid about offer sheets. I don't know all the exacts on offer sheets but I know they can be used to snag RFA's. This guy is a huge part of the core of young players we have and I'm completely paranoid that someone will offer him something big. Also, I really just want to get him resigned. I'd hate to see him go to arbitration as well because this can sometimes have a negative effect on the player/management relationship. ANDREI ROCKS!

If it is decided by Montreal to go to arbitration then I believe "no offer sheets" can be made until the arbitration date thereby extending the timeframe for negotiating a contract.

Jeff Carter got 5 million a year.

Langkow got 5 million a year.

Andrei Kostitsyn will thus probably not go for less than 5 million.

Gainey should just offer 4 years 20 million.

Of course maybe Gainey has this alternative backup plan:

- WHAT IS THE COMPENSATION REQUIRED FOR SIGNING A RFA TO AN OFFER SHEET?

For 2008-09, the estimated compensation due for signing a RFA to an Offer Sheet is:

Amont

Compensation Due

$863,156 or less

None

$863,156 - $1,307,811

3rd round pick

$1,307,811 - $2,615,623

2nd round pick

$2,615,623 - $3,923,434

1st and 3rd round pick

$3,923,434 - $5,231,246

1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick

$5,231,246 - $6,539,061

Two 1st's, one 2nd, one 3rd round pick

$6,539,061 or more

Four 1st round picks

http://www.nhlscap.com/offer_sheets.htm

Might be worth it if Buffalo, Ottawa, Toronto, Florida or Atlanta go after Kostitsyn.

Jeff Carter got 5 million a year.

Langkow got 5 million a year.

Andrei Kostitsyn will thus probably not go for less than 5 million.

Gainey should just offer 4 years 20 million.

Of course maybe Gainey has this alternative backup plan:

http://www.nhlscap.com/offer_sheets.htm

Might be worth it if Buffalo, Ottawa, Toronto, Florida or Atlanta go after Kostitsyn.

I would rather Keep Kostitsyn. Although, that 1st rounder could turn into Tavares...!

Kostitsyn should be signed by the end of the week according to Meehan.

http://habsinsideout.com/main/8624

I don't want to get my hopes up, because it's Meehan, and he is a slimeball par excellence, but man, would it ever be sweet if we could get Andrei squared away to a reasonable long-term contract which would give us more flexibility under the cap.

Kostitsyn should be signed by the end of the week according to Meehan.

http://habsinsideout.com/main/8624

this deal cannot happen soon enough! i'm glad andrei (because i know it's not meehan) isn't swinging for the fences but we'll know that for sure when we see the numbers. i'm curious to know why this deal is 'complex' and why meehan has to meet with the habs' capologist? isn't that gainey's problem more than meehan's? makes it sound, to me, like we're looking at a number of years if not a high dollar amount.

Archived