The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

#51 Francis Bouillon 2007-08

jl-1

Guest russianhabsfan

Still 0 points eh? I was just checking his stats at in 2004-2005 Leksand Sweden-2 31 10 21 31

What position were they using him there on for him to get a PPG stat!? Can we do the same plz? :unsure:

Guest Bobineau
Still 0 points eh? I was just checking his stats at in 2004-2005 Leksand Sweden-2 31 10 21 31

What position were they using him there on for him to get a PPG stat!? Can we do the same plz? :unsure:

Leksand was playing in the Swedish second division...

Guest habs_fan1160
And never was.

I don't remember him ever being this bad in the past. Where he didn't get many points he was very physical out there for his size. Lately I don't even realize he's playing until midway through the third.

He was never a big point-generator. Honestly, during the 'breakout' season everyone talks about (03-04), he put up a whopping 18 points (2/16) and a +1 rating. For that we gave him a four-year contract at $1.875 million per year? :blink:

In any case, my feeling is that he has never really successfully adjusted to the post-lockout style of play, where you can't put the stick on the body and you can't mug players with both hands in the corners without drawing a penalty. Look at his stats since the lockout:

05-06: 22 points (3/19) at -6

06-07: 14 points (3/11) at -10

07-08 (so far): 0 points at 0

I admire Bouillon's work ethic, his heart, and his determination to make it despite being a small defenseman in a big man's league. But I wouldn't have given him that contract even at the height of his career pre-lockout. Now, it's just ridiculous. We're paying $1.875 million for a third-pairing d-man who can't contain forwards, generate points, or get the attack started properly in transition. The man makes the same as or more than Higgins, Komisarek, or Plekanec! :blink:

This contract was a mistake.

Guest RussianRifle: AK-27
I wasn't talking point production from Bouillon, I was talking about his presence on the ice - which seems to have been lacking a lot this season.

With a defenseman of Bouillon's type, the less you notice him, the better he is probably playing. If he's not quarterbacking the offense (Markov) or making pancakes of your opponent's forwards (komi), then the only way he will stand out is if he makes a defense miscue. He will score the odd goal, but other than that any extra attention he creates for himself is probably not a good thing. Playing a safe, sound game will often fly under our radar, but will not be lost on Carbonneau.

Many in the Toronto media feel the same way about McCabe. The less you notice him the better he's probably playing.

Guest Handlanger
With a defenseman of Bouillon's type, the less you notice him, the better he is probably playing. If he's not quarterbacking the offense (Markov) or making pancakes of your opponent's forwards (komi), then the only way he will stand out is if he makes a defense miscue. He will score the odd goal, but other than that any extra attention he creates for himself is probably not a good thing. Playing a safe, sound game will often fly under our radar, but will not be lost on Carbonneau.

Many in the Toronto media feel the same way about McCabe. The less you notice him the better he's probably playing.

Yeah, but for a normal D-Man that you don't notice and is just doing his job 1.8 million is still way to much... Breezer is getting 700K and puts up points, Streit is getting 600K and puts up points. Komi gets the same and leads the league in hits and blocked shots..... see the point?!

He was never a big point-generator. Honestly, during the 'breakout' season everyone talks about (03-04), he put up a whopping 18 points (2/16) and a +1 rating. For that we gave him a four-year contract at $1.875 million per year? :blink:

In any case, my feeling is that he has never really successfully adjusted to the post-lockout style of play, where you can't put the stick on the body and you can't mug players with both hands in the corners without drawing a penalty. Look at his stats since the lockout:

05-06: 22 points (3/19) at -6

06-07: 14 points (3/11) at -10

07-08 (so far): 0 points at 0

I admire Bouillon's work ethic, his heart, and his determination to make it despite being a small defenseman in a big man's league. But I wouldn't have given him that contract even at the height of his career pre-lockout. Now, it's just ridiculous. We're paying $1.875 million for a third-pairing d-man who can't contain forwards, generate points, or get the attack started properly in transition. The man makes the same as or more than Higgins, Komisarek, or Plekanec! :blink:

This contract was a mistake.

i believe this contract was based on the incredibly solid and physical season he had in 05 06

Guest habs_fan1160
Yeah, but for a normal D-Man that you don't notice and is just doing his job 1.8 million is still way to much... Breezer is getting 700K and puts up points, Streit is getting 600K and puts up points. Komi gets the same and leads the league in hits and blocked shots..... see the point?!

I agree. And sure we don't hear about Bouillon, but we don't even hear any positives about his play. I mean he's not going down to block any shots, he's not clearning the zones, he's not breaking up offensive chances....so, I don't see how he's doing his job?

Lol, that's really sad (the Bouillon fact). He also doesn't get tons of ice time does he? That makes a difference too.

of the defense men he has the least amount of ice time but alot of that you will find has to do with the fact we are not using him all the time like we did seasons before. He doesn't see PP time or alot of PK time.

I do agree Boullion needs to step his game up. I miss the Boullion that crushed people and knocked little maggots like Darcy Tucker out with one punch.

Bouillon is still definitely out there hitting and blocking shots. [Source]

3rd on the team in hits/game (2nd amongst d-men), 4th on the team in blocked shots (behind only our "Big 3" d-men), and has the lowest giveaways/game amongst our entire defensive corps. He's also 5th on the team in SH TOI/G (again, only behind our "Big 3" d-men).

Let's not forget he's only the 6th d-man on this team, and based on that, he's doing fine.

Guest habs_fan1160
of the defense men he has the least amount of ice time but alot of that you will find has to do with the fact we are not using him all the time like we did seasons before. He doesn't see PP time or alot of PK time.

I do agree Boullion needs to step his game up. I miss the Boullion that crushed people and knocked little maggots like Darcy Tucker out with one punch.

That's the Bouillon I loved. He hasn't been physical and I think he's losing the "Frank the Tank" statement that went along with him.

Guest jennifer_rocket
That's the Bouillon I loved. He hasn't been physical and I think he's losing the "Frank the Tank" statement that went along with him.

Yeah, I was going to ask, what the heck happened to Bouillon lately? He hasn't been noticeable at all in recent games. We need him to pick up the game!

Guest f30marco

well if he isnt scoring and isnt playing all that great on D, than why isnt he going back to basics? drop the gloves with somebody, look for a big hit and boom he's he will be usefull again!

frank bet the head off of reich tonight, he was even loaded up for a finishing drive at the end but didnt bother.... he was runnin his mouth at everyone before that, and after frank tore the head off of him never saw him the rest of the night

Archived