Guest JL

# 79 - Andrei Markov

8467496.jpg

Position: Defenceman

Shoots: Left

Height: 6' 0"

Weight: 203

Born: 20 Dec '78

Born in: Voskresensk, Russian Federation (former_USSR)

MTL Season: 6th NHL Season: 6th

Drafted: Montréal's 6th round choice, 162nd overall, in 1998

Acquired: 6th pick (162 overall) in 1998.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HabsfanfromtheROCK
I think this season people will suddenly understand why he was given the contract he got !!!

I wish we could have gotten a better picture of him though !!! LOL

Lol yeah.. guess he forgot to look in a mirror on picture day thats all.. GO MARKOV !

I think this season people will suddenly understand why he was given the contract he got !!!

I wish we could have gotten a better picture of him though !!! LOL

Why? He is the Russian Mr. Bean true to form. You never hear a peep from him!!!

Guest bigsby

there's been lots of speculation that markov will wear an 'a' this year. anyone know if that's true? i haven't heard an official announcement, like they did higgins, so i'm inclined to believe that kovy will keep it. i think markov's earned it, personally, and i'd like to see him wear it - considering his leadership on the ice and the fact that the language barrier is no longer an issue.

bring on the 'canes :D

Guest FlHabsFan

Think we are all looking for good things to happen with our defense this year. Resigning Andre and getting Roman could be the boost we needed. I think things are really looking up. Our goalies look to be well protected, but I still hope some of other D men step up this season.

aww...why did you have to give that puck away :( oh well nobody is perfect

too bad that one mistake cost a goal because once again, markov had a great game going for him, and that SH goal, just wow!

i'm not a violent type of person but i must confess that i would happilly have have choked sundin until his hair grows back for the cheap shoving he did against markov in OT... for a second, i thought our 'grand ténébreux' was hurt :o

Guest bigsby
aww...why did you have to give that puck away :( oh well nobody is perfect

too bad that one mistake cost a goal because once again, markov had a great game going for him, and that SH goal, just wow!

i'm not a violent type of person but i must confess that i would happilly have have choked sundin until his hair grows back for the cheap shoving he did against markov in OT... for a second, i thought our 'grand ténébreux' was hurt :o

i missed the game last night. a short handed goal is good news but he was on the ice for three toronto goals. not a great game by those numbers...i hope it was better than what i read on paper. the team needs him to be great!

i missed the game last night. a short handed goal is good news but he was on the ice for three toronto goals. not a great game by those numbers...i hope it was better than what i read on paper. the team needs him to be great!

it goes to show that stat sheets dont tell the whole story... markov was responsible for only one of those goals. there was ABSOLUTELY nothing he could do on the others... huet gave the puck directly to the leafs and the OT one was almost right after the face off in PK ... nhl.com video highlights tell the story better than i can :)

Guest bigsby
it goes to show that stat sheets dont tell the whole story... markov was responsible for only one of those goals. there was ABSOLUTELY nothing he could do on the others... huet gave the puck directly to the leafs and the OT one was almost right after the face off in PK ... nhl.com video highlights tell the story better than i can :)

thanks for the recap. that's what i wanted to hear. komisarek hasn't looked great yet. i hope he had a better game last night - makes markov's job easier if he's on. (i did read that markov had four hits last night which is a pleasant surprise, especially against toronto ;) )

Guest Memo Gonzales

I was actually somewhat disappointed as nobody went after Sundin after he had shoved Markov. He's one of the most important players in this team, and we must make sure that he stays okay. I can't remember who were the other players there except Koivu, who had a roughing call for the small scuffle with White. Just came to my mind that Souray would probably have attacked Sundin, but it's unnecessary to think about that.

Markov played as much as 28.53, which was almost seven minutes more than any other of our defensemen. I think he, once again, did a helluva great job except for that one giveaway, but we have to be fair and remember that everyone makes mistakes, even Andrei Markov.

eventhough i said i wanted to choke sundin, i'm not disappointed that no one in the habs went after him... there was a penalty called and it was overtime... i think the guys played it very smart.... if this had happened while it was 3-1 for the habs in the 2nd period, then yeah, i would have expected some sort of rally...

oh well, too bad that sundin could almost get away with murder on home ice, the habs just have to live with this and adjust accordingly ... not too sure what 'adjust accordingly' could be though :lol:

Guest ALBERTAhabsfan
i missed the game last night. a short handed goal is good news but he was on the ice for three toronto goals. not a great game by those numbers...

I'm sure it'll be happening more,that give away was just brutal on his part!

I'm sure it'll be happening more,that give away was just brutal on his part!

i have more faith in him than that. he's the best player on our team, imho. everyone makes mistakes. even sid the kid coughs up the puck once in a while.

Guest ALBERTAhabsfan
i have more faith in him than that. he's the best player on our team, imho. everyone makes mistakes. even sid the kid coughs up the puck once in a while.

I agree that everybody does,whether he's our best player or not,but when you read stuff from certain people around here,they think he's clean as a whistle which is not the case,thats all i was getting at.

I agree that everybody does,whether he's our best player or not,but when you read stuff from certain people around here,they think he's clean as a whistle which is not the case,thats all i was getting at.

point well taken. he's just as fallable as anyone else. it's the money that amplifies the mistakes unfortunately. you're right, they'll happen. i was more worried about him being on the ice for three of the four goals.

of course, as i was writing this he scored. five points in three games. not bad. i'll forgive a mistake here and there ;)

point well taken. he's just as fallable as anyone else. it's the money that amplifies the mistakes unfortunately. you're right, they'll happen. i was more worried about him being on the ice for three of the four goals.

of course, as i was writing this he scored. five points in three games. not bad. i'll forgive a mistake here and there ;)

And then he forgets his man in front on the next Penguins' goal.

Archived