The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#84 Guillaume Latendresse 2007-08

Guest JL

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Miltie01

With Kostitsyn and Higgins looking good, I don't think Lats will get as much PP time as he did last year, so he will have to work really hard for it.

He can do it though !!!!

Guest HabsMan11
With Kostitsyn and Higgins looking good, I don't think Lats will get as much PP time as he did last year, so he will have to work really hard for it.

He can do it though !!!!

Hopefully...he didnt have a great camp but we'll see

Guest Habs_Mania

Lats will be a true powerhouse after the second half of this season. now that the the roster is set in stone for this year... here is my final lineup.

higgins_koivu_ryder

kostitsyn_plekanec_kovalev

kostopolous_smolinski_chipchura

grabovsky_latendresse_begin/dandenault (yes, carbo said that dandy will be pulling a streit this year)

markov_komisarek

hamrlik_gorges

streit_bouillon/brisebois

somebody must have something better lol

Of all the Habs I think Lats seemed a little slow... could be he is concentrating on his defensive game.

I all fairness, we do have a very fast team. Plekanec, Koivu, Higgins, Kostitsyn, Grabovski, Dandenault, even Begin and Ryder are faster than they're given credit for. It does contribute a bit to make Lats look slower.

I dont know..

I saw him try to do that one deke today, looked like he almost pulled it off , but it was caught in the d's skates and then passed away from him, all i really noticed from him tonight

I kept expecting him to finish his checks, but didnt really see him hit anyone.

Does anyone know if he laid any hits tonight?

I dont know..

I saw him try to do that one deke today, looked like he almost pulled it off , but it was caught in the d's skates and then passed away from him, all i really noticed from him tonight

I kept expecting him to finish his checks, but didnt really see him hit anyone.

Does anyone know if he laid any hits tonight?

He was tied for second in hits on the team tonight with 4 hits (same as Komisarek) in just over 9 minutes.

Kostopoulos and Bouillon led the team with 5 each.

NHL.com is where you'll find that information, under the tab "scores".

Glad to hear he was finishing his checks, i guess i just didnt notice them.

Would have been nice if that deke worked :)

Ok i think i found it, Nhl.com, Scores, then Official Super Stats

I wonder if the habs coaching staff is addressing the issue of Latendresse being to slow?He needs to do something about that because the habs need his offense.

Guest CanadianMike

Didn't I read somewhere that Lats worked really hard on his skating? This guy can't skate. What a player he would be if he could. Not knocking everything he does, but I think he looked even slower last night. :unsure:

Guest Greek Hab

The only time I really noticed Gui last night, was when he made contact in the corner with one of the Carolina players. It was a similar hit to the one he made on Whitney, but not as intense.

Didn't I read somewhere that Lats worked really hard on his skating? This guy can't skate. What a player he would be if he could. Not knocking everything he does, but I think he looked even slower last night. :unsure:

He did work on his skating, but he is just not the fast skating dazzeling type of player. Must agree though, if I compare him our other guys, who are faster skaters, he looks indeed a bit slower. I think he will find a way to fit in, compensate it, and the staff will pick it up aswell.

He did work on his skating, but he is just not the fast skating dazzeling type of player. Must agree though, if I compare him our other guys, who are faster skaters, he looks indeed a bit slower. I think he will find a way to fit in, compensate it, and the staff will pick it up aswell.
Maybe, like I said earlier, he is trying to concentrate on his defensive game... to me he seemed faster last season. He has been put in a different role and by the look of things there will be an adjustment period.

Maybe, like I said earlier, he is trying to concentrate on his defensive game... to me he seemed faster last season. He has been put in a different role and by the look of things there will be an adjustment period.

Agreed, Thats what I think aswell.

Guest fansince1975
He did play okay, but he does need to work on his skating/speed myabe with the Dogs

I agree. He looked slow last night. The NHL.com might have said he had 4 hits but I watched the entire game and cannot remember a single hit by Lats. With his size he should be more physical. It might not be possible to skate faster but it certainly is possible to hit some guys. Might result in turnovers or space for other players.

Otherwise I would rather see D'Agostini given a shot. He had a great training camp and pre-season.

Give Lats 5 games or 10 games with 5 in the press box to play better / listen. Otherwise he needs to play in Hamilton for a season.

Guest habs_fan1160

I still sit on the fence post about Lats, I'm not too sure about him.

Rather than pointing out his negatives I think I'll let the progression of this season and his play determin my final opinion on him. He's still young, still needs some conditioning.

I think I'll wait till the end of the season to form an opinion on him, whether it be negative or positive.

Guest f30marco

the kid is learning and he is on his way. i like him cause he is big and he has skill, yes he's slow but that will only get better with age (untill his age finally catches up with him). he hits and hits hard guys i've seen him hit last game and they arent flashy hits, they are slower , but remember he is still a big guy and even in slow motion his chacks hurt.

i just wish we could give him a better shot to play with the first line. im sure he would be scoring frequently!

Archived