The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#28 Kyle Chipchura 2007-08

Guest JL

Guest Habsfan_11

I don't know how often Carbonneau is going to use Chipchura at the beginning of the season, but I'm pretty sure he's going to become a monster for the Canadiens before the end of the season!

Guest Handlanger

Both of them do, but going back to topic: Chipchura is much more responsible and soooo mature! That guy is what? 19 or 20??? And he makes no mistakes! It's almost unbelievable how rock-solid this boy already is...

Guest jzun00

Congrats Chips. with him and Grabs down the middle I think our face-off situation will improve. I would like to see this kid playing centre, even if it means fourth line/pk type minutes. Good face-off guy.

Guest jennifer_rocket
Congrats Chips. with him and Grabs down the middle I think our face-off situation will improve. I would like to see this kid playing centre, even if it means fourth line/pk type minutes. Good face-off guy.

Our face-off situation looks quite good actually, doesn't it?

Grabs was great.

Smolinski is good.

Chipchura is good.

Koivu was awesome last year.

Plekanec can take 'em.

Begin can take 'em.

Guest jennifer_rocket
And Bob Gainey's clone is finally here!! wooo

All that birthdate stuff is just fake! He was really made in a test tube, somewhere in Bob Gainey's basement.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: you can never have too many centers. Strength down the middle is part of what wins you championships. And it's easier to move a centre to the wing than moving a wing to centre.

I like it because it will really help in faceoff situations.Someone is kicked out of the faceoff circle you have another centre on that line to take the faceoff.Smart hockey!!

Kyle is a great addition to the team.Before training camp started I never thought the young prospects had much of a chance and that was part of the reason that I was predicting the habs would do so bad this season.I like the look of the team now and will go on to predict that the habs are better 5on5 this season.

Guest seb_habs4ever

im happy that chip stays witht he big club. he'll be a great young-responsible 4th center.

looks like he's going to play with begin and kostopoulos.

Guest HABSrulzzz

Finally Chipcura is gonna be a great player and will help us out in the face-off circle as well as in our Pk good job well done can't wait to see him on the ice this season.

Guest StratfordStreak

I think it's great that he was able to earn a spot on the team.

I'm just not looking forward to the inevitable rookie mistakes this season that come with being a young player.

I'm just not looking forward to the inevitable rookie mistakes this season that come with being a young player.

Hey, you can't make an omelette without breaking eggs. ;)

Chippy is going to make his mistakes, but that's a small price to pay for developing a guy who could be our shutdown centre in a few seasons.

Guest Oatmeal777

Is it just me or does Chipchura seem like the kind of guy who's entire style of play is characterized by the ability to avoid making those mistakes.

Archived