8471679.jpg

Position: Goaltender

Catches: Left

Height: 6' 3"

Weight: 222

Born: 16 Aug '87

Born in: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Drafted: Montréal's 1st round choice, 5th overall, in 2005

Acquired: Canadiens' 1st round pick in 2005 (5th overall)

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jzun00

Congrats!! not sure if this is the right thing for he development but it will boost his confidence even more. the goalie dual will be intense this year.

Its a shame how much lack of confidence we have in Huet,

Id prefer to see the kid develop in ahl for 1 yr.

He has jumped many levels to be where he is today, must be alot of pressure on the kid

I guess they believe he will learn faster playing against the best players.

But thinking back could he really be as bad as abby was last year,

Either way its a improvement

Guest Cenner Hice
He has jumped many levels to be where he is today, must be alot of pressure on the kid

Why?

Because we all assume there has to be pressure doesn't mean there is. Yes, he'll have the expectations of many on his young shoulders. But, looking at another sport (as an illustration that there are some exceptional exceptions), Lewis Hamilton in his rookie year in Formula 1 is looking good to become world champion - in spite of the problems that his team (McLaren) have been having and the fact that his team-mate is the current world champ. Could Carey be one of those exceptions?

Guest FlHabsFan

Im guessing they think he has learned all he can from the AHL or that he will learn more by seeing NHL caliber talent and working with Cris.

Guest HabSteve
I wonder if Price will get every third game in nets to start the season.

It will be interesting, the Habs play only 4 games in the first 2 weeks, and only once in october they play back to back games, how much ice time will he see?

Hopefully they give him some time to play, or they know he will improve in practice with the big club. Gainey said that if one goalie is inactive for too much time he will go to Hamilton to play.

Guest jennifer_rocket
Well, Congrats to you Price. Can't wait to see your new mask!!! Hope it has 8 cups on it and a 9th for good luck!!!

I lik him non-unfiorm mask. I'm sick of boring Montreal masks. Ya know, put the CH hear, then some red hear, then another CH hear, and some blue... Luongo's got an awesoem mask (the one that doesn't match the green uniforms). Something like that would be cool. Simple, classy, but maybe a nice diversion from the norm here in Montreal.

Guest hatethoseleafs
I guess they believe he will learn faster playing against the best players.

But thinking back could he really be as bad as abby was last year,

Either way its a improvement

Toucher

Add that plus the fact he will have access to the Habs goalie coach on a daily basis as opposed to once a month makes this IMO a no contest decision.

Guest FlHabsFan

He will probably start against the Penguins.

Huet would deffinitly start the season and home openers. And I think after the season ender he should start in Toronto. So I think Price will start in Pittsburgh or at the Panthers.

Guest jennifer_rocket
He will probably start against the Penguins.

Huet would deffinitly start the season and home openers. And I think after the season ender he should start in Toronto. So I think Price will start in Pittsburgh or at the Panthers.

I've got tickets to the Panthers, so I hope he does start that game! Go Price go!

Archived