The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Corey Locke

franck5890

Guest 1970 Habs

After his performance in Hamilton I was somewhat disappointed that Corey never really got any playing time in the pre-season. Oh well, he will be career AHL' er with Montreal for sure.

Guest natey2k4
After his performance in Hamilton I was somewhat disappointed that Corey never really got any playing time in the pre-season. Oh well, he will be career AHL' er with Montreal for sure.

Disagree. He's NHL material, if not in Montreal, there are plenty of teams that will give him a look like Phoenix, Columbus, etc when he becomes a FA.

Guest Miltie01
Disagree. He's NHL material, if not in Montreal, there are plenty of teams that will give him a look like Phoenix, Columbus, etc when he becomes a FA.

Are these the teams that were fighting over him when he was available for free on waivers ?

Guest habs_fan1160

I only saw him play with the Bulldogs and the gave vs. Pitts in the preseason and he's got some potential.

If the Habs don't want him at the NHL level, there are other teams out there that would look twice at him.

He impressed me in the preseason (from the one game), he's still young and will definately benefit from some extra ice time in Hamilton.

Guest habs_fan1160
Except not a single team took him off waivers. I really think he could help a team out, but no one wants to give him a chance.

It probably has a lot to due with his lack of NHL expierence, no one has really gotten a chance to see him play.

• 2 months later...
Guest Habanero

Come on mods... Move this thread over to the players... give this dood some props.

I don't know anthing about him, other than he's small... But judging from things, he should be motivated...

All the best, I hope you get some ice time!

It's called insurance ;) lets say Koivu is not 100% that would mean along with Streit moving to the blueline there would be 2 open spots on the forward lines. Also if they decide to rest Boulion after taking that shot in the arm the othe rnight they would have to drop Dandenault to the the blueline as well so that would open up a spot.

Locke most likely will not play but it never hurts to have an extra man waiting in the wings just in case you need him.

Guest 1970 Habs
Except not a single team took him off waivers. I really think he could help a team out, but no one wants to give him a chance.

At least not in Montreal yet. He may have been called up but whether he plays is another question.

It probably has a lot to due with his lack of NHL expierence, no one has really gotten a chance to see him play.

Most likely it is his size. Though he has no lack of heart given his performance in the Calder Cup playoffs last year.

I never thought he'd actually get a shot.

Me and Habby both felt the same way. Fortunate for Locke that Grabovski is injured as I think Grabovski would probably have been the one called up.

At least the first step of being called up has happened; whether he will play is another question.

I hope he at least gets a shot in a game or two.

Guest fansince1975

I doubt that he will get into the lineup but I glad that there is a chance for Locke.

Question. Does he have to return to Hamilton via waivers?

I know that he had to clear waivers after training camp however, I wonder if there are different rules when a player is called up to cover for an injuried player.

If he does get into the lineup I think he could do much better then most people think. He has played really good in Hamilton over the past few seasons and he does know how to score.

Guest 1970 Habs
I doubt that he will get into the lineup but I glad that there is a chance for Locke.

Question. Does he have to return to Hamilton via waivers?

I know that he had to clear waivers after training camp however, I wonder if there are different rules when a player is called up to cover for an injuried player.

If he does get into the lineup I think he could do much better then most people think. He has played really good in Hamilton over the past few seasons and he does know how to score.

With three pro seasons in Hamilton I believe the answer is yes.

Archived