The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Max Pacioretty

franck5890

Guest Anetéchrist
Too early to really say, but he seems to be justifying his selection by Gainey. I can't wait to see this guy in the bigs.

Isn't it the goal of the '' In the system '' section to be early ? :D

Besides, we got Pac Man for Rivet in the end, so, we can afford being early on this one saying : yes !

Guest 1970 Habs
I stand by a statement I made a long time ago that this kid may very well prove to be the steal of the 1st round. But I'll let time and his play over time determine that ;)

Well so far he is proving you right Mojo. :D

On top of having 27 pts in 25 games in his rookie season he is 54.7% in faceoffs and +16.

It will be interesting how he plays next season without his linemates; seniors Porter (who is a front runner for the Hobey Baker Award this year) and Kolarik who will both be moving onto the Phoenix Coyote organization.

Too early to really say, but he seems to be justifying his selection by Gainey. I can't wait to see this guy in the bigs.

Ive been saying for a long time we dont have anybody to take over for Koivu when he retires but - and as you've noted this, is WAY too early - have we maybe found our man? If so, how brilliant a move to get This guy (albeit with a lot of help from our scouting team) AND jorges for a soon-to-be UFA in Rivet.

Ive been saying for a long time we dont have anybody to take over for Koivu when he retires but - and as you've noted this, is WAY too early - have we maybe found our man? If so, how brilliant a move to get This guy (albeit with a lot of help from our scouting team) AND jorges for a soon-to-be UFA in Rivet.

It would be absolutely sweet if Patches pans out. Heck, if both Patches and McDonagh pan out, the 2007 draft will have been one of our best draft years as far as first-rounders go.

Guest Anetéchrist

Pacmac is a left winger though. I don't see how he is set to take over for Koivu.

Guest 1970 Habs

Pacioretty earns the CCHA Rookie of the Week Honors.

Pacioretty had a single goal in the opener vs. Miami before tallying a career-best three points in the finale. Pacioretty scored 23 seconds into the second period to tie the Saturday game at 2-2 and again scored in the opening minute of the third period (35 seconds), which made it 5-3. In between his markers he contributed an assist on U-M's fourth goal in the eventual 5-5 stalemate with the RedHawks.

Pacioretty has five goals and three assists over his active five-game point streak. The freshman is fourth on the team in points (27) and tied for fourth in goals (10).

Source: http://www.mgoblue.com/ice-hockey/article.aspx?id=108338

Max has already earned the CCHA Rookie of the Week Honour twice (Nov 19 and Dec 3) and was the CCHA Roookie of the Month for November.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest WantMoreCups
I just checked his stats and Max is having a decent season with 12G,18A,30pts in29GP,and is a+19.

Decent? looks to me like his having a great seasion remeber his a rookie this year and woah +19 is nice to see

Agreed. Looks like a great season to me, at just over PPG.

I think college tends to be fairly low scoring. It's tough to compare prospects because a PPG in the QMHL is quite poor for an offensive prospect, while it is very strong for a player in Europe. College hockey probably falls somewhere between.

I think college tends to be fairly low scoring. It's tough to compare prospects because a PPG in the QMHL is quite poor for an offensive prospect, while it is very strong for a player in Europe. College hockey probably falls somewhere between.

True enough. And conversely, if you're a goalie and you've got a good save percentage coming out of the Q, it means more because the Q is such a high-scoring league. But regardless, the consistency is nice, as is the plus-minus. :)

Guest 1970 Habs

True enough. And conversely, if you're a goalie and you've got a good save percentage coming out of the Q, it means more because the Q is such a high-scoring league. But regardless, the consistency is nice, as is the plus-minus. :)

If I could put things in perspective. Here is how Max Ranks Nationwide in the NCAA:

1) 5th in points per game by a freshman/rookie (1.03);

2) 39th in points per game for all NCAA players; and

3) 12th in power play goals scored (8)

Compared to his peers in the NCAA; not bad for a rookie. :D

How far away from the big leagues is this kid?

3-4 years?

I think if he continues progressing 3-4 years is not unrealistic. He needs at least another year in the NCAA as this year year he plays on the Michigan's first line with a couple of seniors. His linemate Kevin Porter (a Phoenix prospect) will probably play in the NHL next year. If he does well next year I would not be surprised if Montreal tries to convince him to play in Hamilton.

However that is just my opinion.

Guest BadBrains
How far away from the big leagues is this kid?

3-4 years?

I tend to think that this kid is the type of player who develops at a faster rate than most.

Physically he is ready for the Pros. At 6'2" 212lbs his body can certainly handle it. He is built like a tank, too. Very strong.

He will need to do one more year in the NCAA as he will not yet be 20 years old and can't play in the AHL. (I believe this is the rule) But I would not be surprised to see him go pro the following season.

I tend to think that this kid is the type of player who develops at a faster rate than most.

Physically he is ready for the Pros. At 6'2" 212lbs his body can certainly handle it. He is built like a tank, too. Very strong.

He will need to do one more year in the NCAA as he will not yet be 20 years old and can't play in the AHL. (I believe this is the rule) But I would not be surprised to see him go pro the following season.

The AHL age restriction is 18 years of age. I'm not sure if there is any issue with NCAA - NHL transfers though that prevents them from being sent to the AHL as exists with the CHL.

But 2 years of NCAA then going pro is pretty standard for most prospects. It's rare we let them stay in the NCAA for more than 2 seasons. And this provides equality with CHL prospects.

Guest BadBrains
The AHL age restriction is 18 years of age. I'm not sure if there is any issue with NCAA - NHL transfers though that prevents them from being sent to the AHL as exists with the CHL.

Right you are. I just did a little research. Only if he was drafted from the CHL does the 20 year old rule apply, so he could join the Bulldogs next season if that's what both him and the team decides.

I hear that he had 4 goals in his last 4 games and now has 32 points in 31 games. I was watching the game between the Coyotes and the Flames last night and they were saying that Kyle Turris (3rd pick overall) was having a good season in the NCAA with his 30 points in 30 games. It sure makes Pacioretty's 32 points in 31 games look pretty good!

Guest overlords
I hear that he had 4 goals in his last 4 games and now has 32 points in 31 games. I was watching the game between the Coyotes and the Flames last night and they were saying that Kyle Turris (3rd pick overall) was having a good season in the NCAA with his 30 points in 30 games. It sure makes Pacioretty's 32 points in 31 games look pretty good!

isn't turris a year or two younger though? Not trying to diminish what patches has done though, because he's still a rookie, just wondering.

Guest overlords
Turris ( C ) : Aug 14, 1989

Pacioretty ( LW ) : Nov 20, 1988

wow, they're both really close in age. Thanks greekhab. It would be great if patches could beat turris in point totals. Everyone was looking at that kid to be one of the next explosive prospects. THINK AGAIN. It's patches now :P

Guest Innis_Mor
Pacmac is a left winger though. I don't see how he is set to take over for Koivu.

Grabs will be taking the torch from Koivu (not as captain, but as top two centreman).

Archived