The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Alexander Perezhogin

franck5890

Guest 1970 Habs

I do not really care if the Habs see this guy back. He has a mean streak (to maim and injure) the likes of a Todd Bertuzzi that I just do not like in hockey player.

Guest Miltie01
I do not really care if the Habs see this guy back. He has a mean streak (to maim and injure) the likes of a Todd Bertuzzi that I just do not like in hockey player.

I cannot begin to address what is false about this statement !!!!

Guest jennifer_rocket

I cannot begin to address what is false about this statement !!!!

Yeah, for real. Because people are aware of one instance in someone's otherwise private life they feel as though they can claim he has "mean streak (to maim and injure) the likes of a Todd Bertuzzi" is ridiculous. Cut they guy some slack. Sometimes people make mistakes! I'm sure he's been punished appropriately. He was a very good player for us last year. I hope he has success in the Russian league.

Guest jennifer_rocket
The only thing I see Perezhogin being at this point for MTL is a throw in on a trade.

Not even. Well, maybe. He's "in our system" but I doubt he'll ever be a part of the NHL again unless he signs after Montreal's ownership over his rights expires. I guess that could potentially happen, as he does seem to show offensive flare. We shall see. In the meantime, best of luck to him.

This is still coming up? Come on!

has anyone really seen this incident? I mean come on! the guy he hit, two hand chopped him in the back of the legs and Hulk 'Zhogin chopped as he was turning around. not to mention that the guy was on his knees! If he was standing, Perezhogin would have hit him in the stomach and he would never have been suspended for a year and we wouldn't even be talking about this!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Greek Hab
He's playing well over in russia...

I hope he returns to North America

I highly doubt if he'll ever come back. He's getting paid in 6-figures now, and he doesn't have to pay tax, or as high a tax, as the NA areas do. Also Moscow, where Alex probably goes often, is one of the most wealthy of places to live in the world.

I highly doubt if he'll ever come back. He's getting paid in 6-figures now, and he doesn't have to pay tax, or as high a tax, as the NA areas do. Also Moscow, where Alex probably goes often, is one of the most wealthy of places to live in the world.

Make that seven figures now. Isn't his salary in the millions?

Guest Greek Hab
Make that seven figures now. Isn't his salary in the millions?

Rigth! I was counting the zeros. Anyways my point was he's making so much money in such a rich enviroment, that he would be stupid to come back(if all he wants is cash).

Rigth! I was counting the zeros. Anyways my point was he's making so much money in such a rich enviroment, that he would be stupid to come back(if all he wants is cash).

No matter how talented this kid maybe (And he may very well be phenomenally talented) he is not worth the money he is getting paid in Russia at the NHL level. This is the ONLY reason he's not in an MTL uniform this season.

Guest Maniaque

As for his 13th game this season, he has 6 goals and 7 assists. Stats taken from hockeydb.com

13 points in 13 games. I dont know that league, but he's 4th in his own team. That cant be too bad. However, we already have Kostitsyn whose potential is hard to draw out, we dont need Perezhogin on top on that (at twice or price or more, even)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest HABFANDOG

any updates on zohgin? wonder how he's doin this year? can't help but think he would of been that much better this as he seemed to be developing well

Guest xe_liam88

Perezhogin is not fit for the MTL system....might as well trade his rights and get something worth while, a pick or sumthing...he doesnt have the desire to live up to his potential.

I am tired about hearing how he was misplayed....honestly, he was good then he attacked that guy in the AHL and it was too much for him to miss a full year for the dogs....he is gone, so you might as well delete this thread....why would we want a guy on our team who runs away to Russia anyway?????

Good riddance Perezhogin!

• 1 month later...
Guest axnguyen

He's having a pretty good year over in Europe right now..

RSL Total: GP 32, G 14, A 15, P 29, PIM 28.

Plus the Spengler Cup:

**Spengler Cup Total:

GP 5 G 4 A 3 P 7 PIM 6

Guest devils_fury2
He's having a pretty good year over in Europe right now..

RSL Total: GP 32, G 14, A 15, P 29, PIM 28.

Plus the Spengler Cup:

**Spengler Cup Total:

GP 5 G 4 A 3 P 7 PIM 6

glad to see that he's done so well this year, I noticed he scored the Russians goal in the 2-1 loss to Canada earlier today, too bad things couldn't have worked out better in Montreal

Guest kjdriedger

I am glad the Canadiens kept him as their property. He is certainly worth a cool million. He is very solid defensively and current Habs like Grabovski, Lapierre, Begin, Kostopolous (who is on the team) could not hold his jock strap. The Canadiens are short on forwards and have played two D as a result - albeit very capably. There is a plethora of young D coming up through the system but no one worthwhile as a forward (maybe D'Agostini). He is still quite young at only 25 next year. Hope to see him back next year but doubt he wants to play in the NHL. Hope I am wrong though.

Archived