The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

Alexander Perezhogin

franck5890

AMEN! :D

.......or they could have sent him back to Hamilton to help us and our prospects........

Grab was ready last year (Mtl had no place for him) and Gainey owed it to Grab (any 25 year old prospect) to provide him a chance to make the NHL instead of leaving him rot in the AHL. It's called having ethics and moral

AND Gainey got something good in return of Grab.

Well, he is a free agent without a contract right now.

His contract with Salavat yulaev is done.

I know Gainey has most likely given up on him,

And I think I remember Perezhogin saying at the begining of summer that he had no intentions to come back to the NHL...

But could one more chance really hurt?

• 1 month later...
I do not really care if the Habs see this guy back. He has a mean streak (to maim and injure) the likes of a Todd Bertuzzi that I just do not like in hockey player.

He smashed a guy who wacked him intentionally with his stick. I don't have a problem with this.

Personally I think language and customs has a lot to do with Russians staying at home ... look at Markov and though I love this guy he's a had a tough time learning English ...others seem to grab it easier...language isn't an easy thing for some people and they never get comfortable or learn to "think" in it.......if you're one of these people it's easy to see why staying at home and making very good money and being with your family is a way more comfortable route ...there as well is uncertainty about whether you'll stay with the big club and the American league isn't everyone's cup of tea either let alone for a non-English speaking Russian ...it also seems that other nationalities pick up English better than others.....for instance most Swedes speak English very well ( Sundin/ Lidstrom) and Koivu speaks excellent English as well as Czechs....it just seems that , with very a few exceptions that Russians have a harder time with the language and that could very well factor in greatly in their decision to come here

Home is where the heart is afterall.

Well, he is a free agent without a contract right now.

His contract with Salavat yulaev is done.

I know Gainey has most likely given up on him,

And I think I remember Perezhogin saying at the begining of summer that he had no intentions to come back to the NHL...

But could one more chance really hurt?

[/Wquote]

I would love to see him in uniform again, thought he had an excellent and would have played him first line.

has anyone really seen this incident? I mean come on! the guy he hit, two hand chopped him in the back of the legs and Hulk 'Zhogin chopped as he was turning around. not to mention that the guy was on his knees! If he was standing, Perezhogin would have hit him in the stomach and he would never have been suspended for a year and we wouldn't even be talking about this!

Agreed, a chop is not a crime in pro hockey. Messier would be doing time for sure otherwise. Instead he is a hero.

Agreed, a chop is not a crime in pro hockey. Messier would be doing time for sure otherwise. Instead he is a hero.

I saw the incident and remember it well. Both players were guilty of unacceptable usage of the stick equally. But you're right, Perezhogin just reacted to being slashed and swung as he was turning around. I have no doubt he had no intention of hitting the guy in the head. Very unfortunate but overblown for sure and I never really held it against him.

He smashed a guy who wacked him intentionally with his stick. I don't have a problem with this.

Home is where the heart is afterall.

I was there that night with my kids. they were horrified as was I. Thought the guy was going to die right on the ice. Should have been kicked out of the organization right after the game IMHO.

I was there that night with my kids. they were horrified as was I. Thought the guy was going to die right on the ice. Should have been kicked out of the organization right after the game IMHO.

This has been beaten to death ( :blink: ) here but one more time.......(and it happened right in front of me).

The players were basically out of control not only that game but the previous games because of poor reffing - it was a powderkeg waiting to explode and it did.

Stafford had been on Perezhogin all series - constant cheap shots, hacking him in the backs of his legs etc etc etc.

Finally he goons him one more time and swings his stick at Perez's head (and misses!) Perezhogin reacts quickly and Stafford happens to move up just as the stick comes around - it was in many ways self-defense or instinct - check Perezhogin's stats from that season - he was NOT a dirty or physical player. Basically Stafford was a goon and bully and probably still is.

Sure it was sickening to watch - but Stafford fully recovered - The police even cleared him after a trial.

This has been beaten to death ( :blink: ) here but one more time.......(and it happened right in front of me).

The players were basically out of control not only that game but the previous games because of poor reffing - it was a powderkeg waiting to explode and it did.

Stafford had been on Perezhogin all series - constant cheap shots, hacking him in the backs of his legs etc etc etc.

Finally he goons him one more time and swings his stick at Perez's head (and misses!) Perezhogin reacts quickly and Stafford happens to move up just as the stick comes around - it was in many ways self-defense or instinct - check Perezhogin's stats from that season - he was NOT a dirty or physical player. Basically Stafford was a goon and bully and probably still is.

Sure it was sickening to watch - but Stafford fully recovered - The police even cleared him after a trial.

NO excuse in my book...but we'll agree to disagree.

Archived