The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

Alexander Perezhogin

franck5890

Just to note, Perezhogin cannot come back to the NHL now until he is over 28 years of age unless a negotiable transfer fee is paid to his Prior Club. This is a new clause that was put into KHL contracts as of this year.

And we all know how these guys honour their contracts. :P

Its different because in usual terms theres no transfer agreement. This is a transfer payment that can be put into contracts as long as you sign one. Since both the NHL and KHL are IIHF affiliated leagues, this can be imposed if breached.

If you mean imposed by the IIHF. It is not likely to happen if Radulov contract fiasco is any indication of their influence on contract matters.

Like I said this clause was just imposed this year so it could make a difference.

The IIHF has no control or power over any professional hockey league. The best that they can do is impose sanctions against players participating in IIHF tournaments; and even trying to do that is difficult without the support of the hockey agencies.

Wait a minute.......Perezhogin........hmmmm..........

Wasn't he the one that intentionally tried to kill a guy on the ice in the middle of a professional hockey match?

The way I heard it, he kept swinging his stick down onto the player's throat, like a farmer trying to kill a rattle snake with a garden hoe. It eventually took 20 guys to pull him away from his victim, who was barely alive when it was all over.

He was finally allowed back into the NHL after serving a seven year prison sentence.

...or something like that. :unsure:

NO excuse in my book...but we'll agree to disagree.

Well stick swinging is not ideal and I don't really approve, he should have knocked him out that's the good old fashioned way, or cut his face up or sent him head first into the boards these are the traditional responses. I want Perezhogin on the team even more he's ready for the NHL!

Wasn't he the one that intentionally tried to kill a guy on the ice in the middle of a professional hockey match?

The way I heard it, he kept swinging his stick down onto the player's throat, like a farmer trying to kill a rattle snake with a garden hoe. It eventually took 20 guys to pull him away from his victim, who was barely alive when it was all over.

He was finally allowed back into the NHL after serving a seven year prison sentence.

Yeah, that was basically what happened. :rolleyes::lol::P

The IIHF has no control or power over any professional hockey league. The best that they can do is impose sanctions against players participating in IIHF tournaments; and even trying to do that is difficult without the support of the hockey agencies.

Hmm now that I re-read the documents, I think that may only apply to amateur leagues like the CHL, which are tied to Hockey Canada,

I didn't know or realize that after the first swing he continued swinging his stick at him. I hope that's not the way it went. I only saw the first swing...but it was a killer swing.

Now let me mention something that nobody talks about and propbably most people don't know. Ten seconds before Perezhogin struck the guy. Perezhogin was racing up the ice to stay with the play and the guy he struck was chasing him down. Perezhogin stopped at the top of the circle and that guy stopped right behind him.The next thing that happened. This guy decided to take a giant two handed swing at Perezhogins head with his stick. But as he was winding up Perezhogin decided to change his position a little bit. But just enough that this guys stick missed it's target.Perezhogin didn't see it coming but he must have seen the follow through or felt the wind from the stick going past his head. So he turned around and saw that the guy swung at his head so hard that when he missed he actually fell to the ice. So I guess Perezhogin said "You almost took my head off. If you would have hit me it would have felt...alot....like....this! And bam he nailed this guy.

Now I'm not condoning his actions. But this poor poor kid that every one feels sorry for wanted to do the same thing to Perezhogin and he wanted to do it first. So, in my mind the other kid got what was coming to him and the fact that he didn't become a NHL player probably saved more situations like this one from happening.

If there is a way to check it out for yourself, I recommend it.

I didn't know or realize that after the first swing he continued swinging his stick at him. I hope that's not the way it went. I only saw the first swing...but it was a killer swing.

Now let me mention something that nobody talks about and propbably most people don't know. Ten seconds before Perezhogin struck the guy. Perezhogin was racing up the ice to stay with the play and the guy he struck was chasing him down. Perezhogin stopped at the top of the circle and that guy stopped right behind him.The next thing that happened. This guy decided to take a giant two handed swing at Perezhogins head with his stick. But as he was winding up Perezhogin decided to change his position a little bit. But just enough that this guys stick missed it's target.Perezhogin didn't see it coming but he must have seen the follow through or felt the wind from the stick going past his head. So he turned around and saw that the guy swung at his head so hard that when he missed he actually fell to the ice. So I guess Perezhogin said "You almost took my head off. If you would have hit me it would have felt...alot....like....this! And bam he nailed this guy.

Now I'm not condoning his actions. But this poor poor kid that every one feels sorry for wanted to do the same thing to Perezhogin and he wanted to do it first. So, in my mind the other kid got what was coming to him and the fact that he didn't become a NHL player probably saved more situations like this one from happening.

If there is a way to check it out for yourself, I recommend it.

Ok, I haven't seen that footage for a while I guess. I just went and watched it on u tube and it didn't happen exactly the way I remember. I didn't remember Perezhogin being down on the ice at all.

But after watching it again, I can say that the other guy swung at Perezhogin's head first and when Perezhogin retaliated he struck the other player once. Oh ya, and the other guy was Stafford. It must be the same one that's in Buffalo....but I'm not sure.

Guest NvidiaN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwPfuLnYwBc

(I'm not sure, but I don't think it's against forum rules to post a link to the video...so here it is.)

He only swung once, but it was a pretty damn aggressive swing...retaliatory or not.

To be honest, I don't know why anyone is talking about him in this forum. He really shouldn't be allowed to play in the NHL again, and I'm pretty sure he would be a disgrace to the Canadiens organization if he were allowed to put on the sweater.

Yeah, that was basically what happened. :rolleyes::lol::P

;):lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If my memory serves me right. The guy tried to decapitate Perez and missed - Perez did not miss. I would have done the same thing that Perez did. Who in is his right mind would not have retalied from such a vicious attempt to injure?

I really don't like Perez but lets not start bring this skeleton out of the closet.

If my memory serves me right. The guy tried to decapitate Perez and missed - Perez did not miss. I would have done the same thing that Perez did. Who in is his right mind would not have retalied from such a vicious attempt to injure?

I really don't like Perez but lets not start bring this skeleton out of the closet.

Hey, man. The topic was brought out many pages back before I placed my comment (which, if I need to spell it out to any other members out there, was intended to be a joke).

Hey, man. The topic was brought out many pages back before I placed my comment (which, if I need to spell it out to any other members out there, was intended to be a joke).

I read it again after I posted my comments and realized it was a joke. Sorry. I actually laughed! Thanks

He only swung once, but it was a pretty damn aggressive swing...retaliatory or not.

He really shouldn't be allowed to play in the NHL again, and I'm pretty sure he would be a disgrace to the Canadiens organization if he were allowed to put on the sweater.

He'd be a gift for the flyers. ;):lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Ok, I haven't seen that footage for a while I guess. I just went and watched it on u tube and it didn't happen exactly the way I remember. I didn't remember Perezhogin being down on the ice at all.

But after watching it again, I can say that the other guy swung at Perezhogin's head first and when Perezhogin retaliated he struck the other player once. Oh ya, and the other guy was Stafford. It must be the same one that's in Buffalo....but I'm not sure.

No that is Drew Stafford - this was GARRETT Stafford - still in the AHL I believe - probably still being a cheapshot artist!

And Stafford had been gooning Perezhogin for at least the game before the incident took place and much of the early part of the infamous game -

No that is Drew Stafford - this was GARRETT Stafford - still in the AHL I believe - probably still being a cheapshot artist!

And Stafford had been gooning Perezhogin for at least the game before the incident took place and much of the early part of the infamous game -

GOOD info !!

Thanks, I didn't know that.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived