The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

Alexander Perezhogin

franck5890

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwPfuLnYwBc

(I'm not sure, but I don't think it's against forum rules to post a link to the video...so here it is.)

He only swung once, but it was a pretty damn aggressive swing...retaliatory or not.

To be honest, I don't know why anyone is talking about him in this forum. He really shouldn't be allowed to play in the NHL again, and I'm pretty sure he would be a disgrace to the Canadiens organization if he were allowed to put on the sweater.

I really doubt that he meant to hit the guy in the head...i dont think he knew the guy was on his knees and just went for a hack on the shin pads like most do when they retaliate. Dangerous still yes, but its not like he did the whole Brashear and McSorley thing where the stick was clearly head level.

but maybe he did what do i know lol

GOOD info !!

Thanks, I didn't know that.

you're welcome - the whole thing was very unpleasant - I blame the refs more than anyone else for letting the games get out of hand - I don't like Garrett Stafford - never did, but was sorry to see him twitching and spazzing on the ice after the hit - but it could just as easily have been Perezhogin in that position and having seen both over the course of a whole season - Perezhogin was a finesse player, G. Stafford was a goon.....

Most of you are more disgusting than the incident itself.

Not only is Alexander a skilled hockey player, but his actions were a result of the fear from Stafford gooning him. The roles could easily be reversed in this situation and the only reason Alexander takes any flack for it at all is because the referees were unable to do their job and assess penalties correctly and keep the game from getting out of hand. Just because this was happening on the ice doesn't mean it wasn't in self defense.

38824.jpg

Sick goal :

I absolutly do not agree with that at all. If someone has talent, as Perez does, then, IMO, you should start him on one of the scoring lines. Why put an offensive player on a defensive line? That makes no sence whatsoever. I realize, and agree with, Montreal wanting their players to be defensively responsible, but they can learn that in time (or in Hamilton where I think all players should start, at least for a season). If a player is offensively gifted, let him play that role. I never saw Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin, E. Staal, Semin or Hossa (to name a few) on the 4th line, did you? They are offensive players, and they put up numbers (and no, I'm not comparing Perez to these players, yet I do believe, IMHO, that he could very well be not far behind some of those players in point production). Perez was good defensively, and could be great offensively (in the NHL) if given the chance, again IMO. I have never liked the idea of working your way up, starting on the 4th line, especially when dealing with an offensive player who has great potential. I dont blame him at all for leaving for the KHL, not at all. I would probably do the same. He's closer to home, making more money, getting more ice time and being used how he should, all while playing the game he loves. I certainly wish he were to come back and play for the Habs, I don't think we saw what this guy was fully capable of.

First, lets not compare this guy to the elite of the game.

Second, there shouldn't be a problem with making a secondary player like Perezhogan earn his spot.

Third, and most importantly, part of playing on the lower lines just might be to develop their defensive game as well.

Fourth, someone posted that he was homesick and I can't remember where, but I'm pretty sure I read that in a few articles myself.

Either way, the organization should not bend to cater to players who want it their way. If guys like Grabs, Cammalleri, Halak and Perez feel entitled then they can rot for all I care.

Second, there shouldn't be a problem with making a secondary player like Perezhogan earn his spot.

Third, and most importantly, part of playing on the lower lines just might be to develop their defensive game as well.

Fourth, someone posted that he was homesick and I can't remember where, but I'm pretty sure I read that in a few articles myself.

Either way, the organization should not bend to cater to players who want it their way. If guys like Grabs, Cammalleri, Halak and Perez feel entitled then they can rot for all I care.

What did Cammalleri do to earn a spot in that group??? :blink::huh:

What did Cammalleri do to earn a spot in that group??? :blink::huh:

:lol:

My point was more that I don't care who it is. I'd feel the same way about even guys I'm fond of if they behaved in the same manner. Obviously Cam wasn't here as a youngster and Halak has handled himself quite well in his young career.

Him Johnon + bonk had he best checking line in habs recent history

The entire team was between -10 and 30, while there line was between +10 and +15

Huge Hue Difference

I can't believe that this incident is still being discussed after all these years. The Cleveland Barons, the team that Stafford was playing for, does not even exist anymore!

Not forgeting serious incidents like this is a good way of preventing them from happening again, and just because a team doesn't exist anymore does not mean it should be forgoten/ignored.

Tbh I'm surprised this guys thread is still here, I mean its not likely he'll ever where the CH again anyway.

Not forgeting serious incidents like this is a good way of preventing them from happening again, and just because a team doesn't exist anymore does not mean it should be forgoten/ignored.

Tbh I'm surprised this guys thread is still here, I mean its not likely he'll ever where the CH again anyway.

This thread will exist until Montréal loses his NHL's rights on June 30, 2011.

*wear lol was late when I wrote that

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
I missed something, what did he do that caused such an uprise? does anyone feel like filling me in?

He slashed some career AHL goon in the face. Stafford was his name. I think his rights are owned by Phoenix. It was years ago before Perezhogin had ever made the NHL, if I remember correctly. It's funny 'cause you could easily argue that Stafford deserved it... <_<

Archived