The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

Alexander Perezhogin

franck5890

i seem to remember this kid having lots of talent, was he exciting to watch play for the habs?...and do you think the incident is so controversial it is the main reason he isint in north america playing for us?

I remember him playing with Kovalev... Nothing spectacular, but I wouldn't say he was a disappointment either. I think he just went after the bigger pay check and the guarantee he'll play in the big leagues.

I remember him playing with Kovalev... Nothing spectacular, but I wouldn't say he was a disappointment either. I think he just went after the bigger pay check and the guarantee he'll play in the big leagues.

I remember him playing a good chunk of the time he was with us with Bonk and Johnson. He couldn't really show much when playing with them.

I think there was some kind of beef between him and Carbo. Not sure though, but I think it played a part in him leaving for the KHL.

Perezhogin took a laughable amount of lazy penalties and Carbo got fed up, some say he overreacted, some say he didn't. There was probably more to it than that but that was the most obvious issue with Perezhogin at the time and limited his ice time and if I remember correctly actually had him out of the lineup on more than 1 occasion.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kovy-27

He wasn't happy that Latendresse a local Habs hero got all the chances in he world to play on the first line with Koivu during his rookie season.While Perezhogin was at his second season and didn't even get that opportunity once.

If my memory is good,I believe the only time he played with Koivu was during the last game of the season against the Leafs back in 2007.

Or maybe he's just a prospect that didn't work out for this team...I'm loving the Francophone conspiracy theories people post; "Oh, Perezhogin was never given a chance because of local boys like Latendresse..." Please...

The real question people have to ask themselves was: "Did he hustle hard enough for it?"

In my Opinion, no...Because after two mediocre seasons (Third line or not) he went after the dollar signs and scoring line roster spotlight of the KHL...To no fault of his own for certain...But people have got to stop crying poor mouth with this guy...Him signing a big contract with a KHL team is not some miscarriage of justice by Habs management...It is a decision Perezhogin made to do what he felt was best for him...He decided to play back home (again, don't blame him) instead of slugging it out on the 3rd line...Plain and simple...

So instead of all the Carbo-Perez-Lats love triangle/conspiracy theories (Which don't really matter now anyway because Perez has been playing in Russia for 2 seasons now and Carbo hasn't coached for us since late 09, not to mention Latendresse is a scoring power forward now with the Wild)...Let's actually do something Earth shatteringly radical and deal in what we actually do know...As opposed to some perceived truth based on nothing.

I remember him playing a good chunk of the time he was with us with Bonk and Johnson. He couldn't really show much when playing with them.

His problem was that he was hard to peg and he had a chip on his shoulder. The question around him was that no one seem to know if he was a second line player or a 3rd line player? He left too soon to make a conclusion.

My perception is that he was a good 2 way player with good speed. His offensive side (in the NHL) was ok. I define him as a below average 2nd liner and a good 3rd liner.

In the end he thought he was better than what the team thought, he felt mistreated and bailed. Was he truly mistreated? I think not. He could not take the heat and he got out of the kitchen - not a character player

Just my thought

Maybe he is more consistent than AK46...

I can tell you that in his one year with the Bulldogs (pre-incident) that he was quite stellar - certainly far more impressive than AK46 ever was in Hamilton and far more consistent over that season. The incident certainly derailed a lot of his momentum and the year back in Russia didn't help, there are also off ice issues (being charged by the police, homesickness etc etc) and let's face it the Canadiens team he came back to wasn't the most soundly coached - Take that for what it is worth.

PS (Let's not rehash the incident yet again - he was guilty but also the victim of a career AHL goon and extremely poor reffing that game and the games leading up to it)

PSS Why are we talking about him again? Is there even the faintest of chances that he is coming back????

He mostly played with Bonk and Johnson and did pretty well for a young kid. We'll never really know exactly what the main factors were why he left, but it was probably balancing all things the KHL seemed better: much more money (at least in the short term), and by the end of the season he seemed to be in the coach's bad books and had been benched a few times if I remember correctly. It's impossible to say if, had he not gotten into a rift with Carbo, if the money still would have been enough on its own to entice him to leave. It's possibly it was only about the money, it's possible (unlikely) the money had nothing to do with it, or a mixture of both (had things gone well, it would be a lot easier to turn the extra money down for example).

We'll never really know. I doubt he ever would have been a superstar, but probably could have been a good two-way second liner had he developed properly and stayed.

PS (Let's not rehash the incident yet again - he was guilty but also the victim of a career AHL goon and extremely poor reffing that game and the games leading up to it)

PSS Why are we talking about him again? Is there even the faintest of chances that he is coming back????

Let's.

I don't like this kid and my post point to this very clearly.

HOWEVER,

The incident was way over blown. Some idot, on the other team, tried to decapitate (with a stick) Perez during a game and missed. Perez did not mis!

I have to tell you that if some ***** tried to decapitate me I would also instinctively swing back. Perez did nothing wrong!!! They other guy missed Perez did not. My take!

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah but he probably won't be back in Montreal, maybe another team would be interested in him, if he has the right price I'm sure he'll be back

thats disappointing im not sure why he wouldnt be back with he habs he is a big player and we need that hed be a great 3rd line player and id like to see him with the habs! im getting kind of tired of the staff not giving any of our kids that are a turn..

thats disappointing im not sure why he wouldnt be back with he habs he is a big player and we need that hed be a great 3rd line player and id like to see him with the habs! im getting kind of tired of the staff not giving any of our kids that are a turn..

oh WOW, this is NOT because we didn't give him enough ice time, this is because he was not performing well the whole year and then decided to bolt to russia for MORE money...

Archived