The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#61 - Ben Maxwell

franck5890

• 3 weeks later...

Maxwell is listed as "out indefinately" with a thigh injury in WHL website. Really too bad, as he had 11 pts in 11 games up until Oct 20. (3 goals and 8 assists).

he's better than coloured jello. :) Trevor Timmins has high hopes for this guy to eventually land a top six job in Montreal. He is a great offensive player and he looked good to me at the last two mid-summer training camps for the prospects.

The reason I posted was to ask: Anyone know the circumstances of his thigh injury? He'd had a goal and an assist in that last game....

Guest overlords
he's better than coloured jello. :) Trevor Timmins has high hopes for this guy to eventually land a top six job in Montreal. He is a great offensive player and he looked good to me at the last two mid-summer training camps for the prospects.

The reason I posted was to ask: Anyone know the circumstances of his thigh injury? He'd had a goal and an assist in that last game....

I really hope it's just a bruise.

Guest Miltie01
Well i guess one of "diamonds" was more a really shiny piece of colored jello :(

Remember...Rocket was considered brittle and they almost got rid of him.

Guest overlords
Remember...Rocket was considered brittle and they almost got rid of him.

YEah, but we could say that about EVERYONE who's soft. We can't hold on to every single soft player saying " OOOOOH remember the rocket!". It just won't ever happen quite like that again. It may come close but sometimes we gotta take chances with letting players go and trades. I'd love for this guy to stay tho.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest 1970 Habs

11 games played so far and 11 points. Decent offensive production. Not doing quite what he did last year so far.

The reason is............

Maxwell is listed as "out indefinately" with a thigh injury in WHL website. Really too bad, as he had 11 pts in 11 games up until Oct 20. (3 goals and 8 assists).

Guest 1970 Habs
bah... he would have busted out no doubt. I hope he doesn't continue like this his whole career though.

The problem is he has yet to stay healthy the past two seasons to prove it over the long haul.

Guest Khadgar
The reason is............

I was eluding more to the fact that he scored well over a point a game last year and this year just at a point a game. I think he'll get going once he's healthy.

Guest overlords
I was eluding more to the fact that he scored well over a point a game last year and this year just at a point a game. I think he'll get going once he's healthy.

I wonder if someone can compare the stats of his first 11 games of last season with the first 11 of this one. I'm sure in the beginning it's always a bit slower. If he would have gotten rolling i think he would have surpassed his numbers of last season.

Also guys, remember that a lot of people suspected lats of being a liability because of his concussions. He could just be unlucky. I do hope he beefs up a bit though and learns to protect himself.

Guest 1970 Habs

I hope so because if this guy could stay healthy I think he has the raw skills to be a top centre.

Having said that he needs to (be durable enough) play a full season as I wonder if he is injury prone.

Just my opinion though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest devils_fury2
He is still out indefinitely (with the Kootney Ice of the WHL) with his injury.

It must be a pretty serious thigh injury. :(

anybody know if hes back or not, Kootenay is playing Edmonton on Rogers SportsNet West on Wednesday night and well I won't be home so I just wonder if it would be wise to tape the game or not

Guest 1970 Habs
anybody know if hes back or not, Kootenay is playing Edmonton on Rogers SportsNet West on Wednesday night and well I won't be home so I just wonder if it would be wise to tape the game or not

Though his status is mid January to early February, I expect it will be closer to mid February before he actually plays.

Guest devils_fury2
Though his status is mid January to early February, I expect it will be closer to mid February before he actually plays.

oh well, just wondering, I didn't see anything on the WHL website about injuries or anything, and I have to work nights tonight so I was just wondering if it would be worth my while to tape the game tonight between Kooteny and Edmonton

• 3 weeks later...
Guest 1970 Habs

Welcome back Ben!

Congratulations on both goals in your first two games back; one in the shootout win over Spokane on Friday and a goal during the game in the shootout loss to Spokane on Saturday. :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest overlords
http://www.habsinsideout.com/main/4611

According to habsinsideout.com Montreal has signed Ben Maxwell to a three year deal, I myself think its a great signing as long as Maxwell can stay injury free from now on, because he's obviously a pretty good player and one of our top prospects

great stuff. Gainey get kosty signed ASAP as well too!

Archived