The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Mathieu Carle

franck5890

Guest 1970 Habs

I am extremely disappointed this guy got hurt.

I hope he has a 100% recovery from his injury and that it does not negatively affect his play in Hamilton.

• 1 month later...
Guest Greek Hab

^^^^^

I very much doubt Mathieu will be sent to Cincinn. If you're wondering who might have to sit or be sent down, the most likely guy on the Hamilton roster, is Jon Gleed. When Bouchard made the lineup in his first game, Gleed was one the who sat to make room.

Gleed does have a nice physical style of play, and is used often on the PK, but he's not consistent.

Other than Gleed to sit, Deagon would also be the other possible player. Deagon is basically the opposite of Gleed, we use Marvin D. on the PP, and his offensive attacks are a real treat to watch(listen via radio :P ). Deagon's defensive game does need work, but is contributing more than Gleed is.

Another 2 candidates to sit, would be either our newly acquired vet. D, Joel Bouchard or even Andrew Archer, who has been slipping as of late.

Perhaps a cycle of the D, will be something Don Lever will have to do, with our abundance of blue liners.

Does anyone know when Biron is coming back? or is he out for the season? I havn't herd or found that much information on him lately.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest 1970 Habs

Hopefully this team is turning things around. They are on a 3 game winning streak which is a positive sign.

It is really nice to see Mathieu Carle playing strong from the get go after his injury in the pre-season.

He adds an offensive dimension to the defence core that was not present last year.

I saw this guy play in the Q with the Huskies..he was not as impressive as Vishnevski(prospect for the stars i think, also playing for the Huskies), but he did alright.

• 1 month later...

13 points in 26 games for Carle...thats not that bad. He has more points than Valentenko does, even though Valentenko played more games. This guy could be really good, I look forward to watching his development in Hamilton!

Guest 1970 Habs
13 points in 26 games for Carle...thats not that bad. He has more points than Valentenko does, even though Valentenko played more games. This guy could be really good, I look forward to watching his development in Hamilton!

Well Carle is more offensive minded compared to Valentenko. What I like about Carle as well is his plus rating is one of the best on the team.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest 1970 Habs

Nice to see Carle get 2 goals and the 3rd star in the last game (against Toronto on Friday).

In 36 games the rookie defencemen has 5 goals 12 assists and is +4.

Keep up the good work. :D

Guest Brisebois

Wow just looked at the stats of the current game and he got into a fight with much bigger tough guy Dale Purinton. Does anyone knows how he handled the fight?

Guest overlords
Wow just looked at the stats of the current game and he got into a fight with much bigger tough guy Dale Purinton. Does anyone knows how he handled the fight?

as long as he still has both his eye balls he's in good shape if he fought purinton.

He didn't really fight Purinton. Someone else that went to the game might have a better memory of what went on during the first period fights but I'll give my take on it anyways.

From what I saw, Purinton was trying to start something with Locke(I seriously don't understand why) so Locke gave him(or someone else) an elbow in a battle for the puck. Two guys went after Locke throwing punches at him right away even after he went down to the ice. Everyone one then piled up onto them(unfortunately we had our smaller line out there at the time). Carle and Denisov(I think) ended up squaring off but just ended up holding eachother while throwing a few punches that never landed for either of them.

Meanwhile, the pile up kind of breaks up and theres Purinton sitting/laying on top of Cote holding his head down onto the ice and giving him jabs. It was so ridiculous and pathetic of Purinton that even their own goalie was trying to pull him off. It took the ref and both linesmen to pry the beast of a guy off Cote. As Cote sat up, he had this look on his face like "what the heck was this guy doing??". Purinton ended up stealing(lol?) the game puck and on his way towards the bench he fell right on his butt since he's such a terrible skater.

Somehow Cote got tossed from the game for getting his head/face pushed and held into the ice.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest 1970 Habs

Hockey's Future Article - 10 March 2008

Last year Carle went from a high-powered offensive club to one with a defense-first mentality with no discernable drop in play. “He really moves the puck well and his transition game is excellent,” Timmins said. “He’s really enjoying success at Hamilton – he has such an ability to see the ice and move the puck up to forward quickly and with accuracy.”

A knee injury suffered in training camp set the blueliner back a couple of months, but he’s been making up for lost time ever since. In 47 games, he’s accounted for five goals and 15 assists. And with the depth the Canadiens now enjoy on the blueline, Carle will have the time he needs to bring his overall game to the level he needs.

Source: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/1023...cts_spring2008/

• 4 months later...

Trevor Timmons says:

"Mathieu has the experience of playing for a year in Hamilton," Timmins said. "He played a half game for us in the preseason and was doing well until he got injured. As a result, he started his AHL season injured. We look forward to his continued development. He has developed a lot in this offseason.

"Mathieu has a solid point shot and his skating has come a long way. We're looking forward to him contributing on offense and being a strong power-play contributor in Hamilton from the beginning of the season. Mathieu sees the ice really well. He's like Weber in that his strength is the transition game, moving the puck up to the forwards."

Source: http://canadiens.nhl.com/team/app/?service...rticleid=379546

• 2 weeks later...
He doesn't get talked about as much as Subban or Weber. I wonder why that is considering he had great stats in junior, just like those two, and is right on the brink of playing in the NHL.

I think that you here a lob about Weber and Subban because they went extremely far in their playoff - The Finals.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived