The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Yann Danis

franck5890

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest swansee

Gotta feel a bit sorry for Yann, a very good goaltender, had some success in his first NHL games, certainly held the Bulldogs in early this season when Halak was faltering....in fact he was strong in most games with a lousy D in front of him......I still hope he gets a shot somewhere else and IMO will make the NHL.....unfortunately he is too valuable in Hamilton right now....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 1970 Habs

Looks like Yann finally accepts/realizes his future is not with Montreal.

"I try not to think about it but it's easy to see right now that my future is not with Montreal," said Danis. "Every time I get a chance to play I take it as an opportunity to show what I can do and if it's not Montreal watching there are 29 other teams."

Source: http://thespec.com/article/313628

Guest overlords

Price should have started as #1 in hamilton and they should have alternated having danis and halak as backups to either raise their value or atleast to not look like total jerks. I REALLY feel bad for this guy, he may go somewhere else and make us regret we ever let him go.

I like Yann Danis a lot...but as long as Price and Halak stay in Montreal, Danis has no future with us. Case in point, he played the best of Montreal's goalies in training camp, yet didn't make the team....and wasn't the first guy called up when Huet went down with an injury. He needs to be traded, or let go...another team (Tampa or L.A.) could pick him up for insurance...they wouldn't be disappointed.

Price should have started as #1 in hamilton and they should have alternated having danis and halak as backups to either raise their value or atleast to not look like total jerks. I REALLY feel bad for this guy, he may go somewhere else and make us regret we ever let him go.

He's going to have a tough time finding a team(AHL or NHL) to sign him. It seems like the teams management is screwing his career over by just tossing him around without giving him a chance no matter how well he plays.

I feel sorry for the guy. It looks like he just feels left out even during the calder cup run last season you could see it in his face.

Guest swansee

Right, but many forget he did win a key game for us early in the Chicago series.......a team that should have destroyed us......he came in when Price was pulled for letting in too many goals and eventually led us to an overtime win!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest swansee

Great game against San Antonio.......this guy can play in the NHL.....he has progressed so much from last year and he plays at high level when he should be cold.......someone sign him......you won't be sorry.

Guest swansee

Once again Yann played very well, he has a confidence and maturity this season that I have not seen before......he was a major factor in our win against the Marlies!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RedLightRacicot

After his six game stint in Montreal I didn't want him to go back. I remeber thinking who the hell is this Huet guy and why would you want to replace the kid who got a shutout his first game!

Man how things can change in an instance! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest swansee

Was glad to see that Yann got to start the last home game, he played well but unfortunately it was a loss......I hope he finally gets a full shot next year!......he is a good goaltender and a nice guy and has helped our team a lot over the years......I think he needs a fresh start and I think could certainly back up in the NHL at the least......he needs to 'graduate' from the AHL! Best of luck Yann and Thanks!!!

Guest 1970 Habs
Was glad to see that Yann got to start the last home game, he played well but unfortunately it was a loss......I hope he finally gets a full shot next year!......he is a good goaltender and a nice guy and has helped our team a lot over the years......I think he needs a fresh start and I think could certainly back up in the NHL at the least......he needs to 'graduate' from the AHL! Best of luck Yann and Thanks!!!

You called it Swansee before the game. :D

Guest swansee
You called it Swansee before the game. :D

Thanks 1970.......by the way, good job on the game threads this year!!!!! Itt will be interesting to see what happens over the summer......did you see the Spectator article yesterday where Yann pretty much says he is going elsewhere???

Guest feistyboy27
I said it a year ago and I'll say it again: That guy is good - but just at AHL Level - a career AHL player.

He hasnt even been that this year though. I am not pleased with his performance and I would much rather Cedric be the starter for the Dogs next year. I agree on the career AHLer part though. If Danis thinks any club will give him a chance to be on their NHL team, even as a backup, he is smoking something. He is at the point the door to the NHL is shut for good pretty much to him and he will now have to start fighting harder for AHL playing time wherever he is.

Guest 1970 Habs
Thanks 1970.......by the way, good job on the game threads this year!!!!! Itt will be interesting to see what happens over the summer......did you see the Spectator article yesterday where Yann pretty much says he is going elsewhere???

You mean this one? http://thespec.com/article/352789

Danis came to the Bulldogs in March 2004 straight out of Brown University and made an impact right away with a shutout of the Toronto Roadrunners in his very first game. He's one of only handful of goaltenders in hockey history to record a shutout in his first AHL game and his first NHL game. He was called up to the Canadiens in December 2005 and blanked Atlanta his first time out.

Danis's stock in the Montreal organization has tumbled the last few seasons, however, as first Jaroslav Halak and then Carey Price passed him on the Habs depth chart. "I would have liked to see things unfold differently," Danis said. "I felt I really had a good start here and things have gone down from there."

"I've had good moments and good memories and I've gained a lot of experience that I'm going to use in the future," Danis said. Although his departure will leave a hole in the organization, because the Habs have very little depth at that position, there's probably no chance he's coming back, he says.

"I'd like to get a fresh start and see what can happen with another organization," Danis said.

Guest fansince1975
"I'd like to get a fresh start and see what can happen with another organization," Danis said.

He has no choice but to go to a new team or maybe even Europe. With Halak and Price it is basically impossible to get to the NHL. He might have even lost his #1 spot to Cedrick Desjardins.

Staying with the Bull Dogs would mean he is happy to remain in Hamilton.

Archived