The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Colorado Avalanche 07-08

roy_133

Guest habs_fan1160

Colorado has an interesting team, they're made of some good expierenced players and then the younger ones. Last season, they weren't very successful, hopefully this season is better for them. I'm interested to see how the addition of Ryan Smyth will help the team.

As much as I like Theo I think he'll see more of the bench than the ice, unless a miricle happend for him over the summer, but I really can't see that.

To me it seems like he was a one-hit wonder and I really do hope that he proves me wrong.

He'll probably remain as the over-priced back up to Bud this season.

Guest lisa_11

Stastny's been doing great, hence the NHL chose him as this week's 3 stars :) :

1st STAR - Paul Stastny (3GP, 4G, 4A, 8P)

2nd STAR - Mike Comrie (2GP, 4G, 2A, 6P)

3rd STAR - Chris Mason (2GP, 2 wins, 1 GA, 64 saves)

Guest CanadianMike

So frustrating. :angry: Avs lose 4-1. Not because I like Theo, but the commentators said he was the best Av tonight. Bad enough they were facing Manny Legace (record of 11-1 vs Avs all time before tonight). Bad enough Avs usually score only 1 goal for Theo.

It was 1-1 after 2 and the team collapsed. They don't know how to play anymore all of a sudden. Probably the worse game I have ever seen Sakic and Smyth play. One of the goals was Theo's fault but that is it. No D at all. :rolleyes: Think I am making excuses? check out the Avs boards. You know it wasn't Theo's fault when Theo haters and bashers are not blaming him.

I needed to vent. Anyone else watch the game? :(

Guest ChriS_HigGinS#1
So frustrating. :angry: Avs lose 4-1. Not because I like Theo, but the commentators said he was the best Av tonight. Bad enough they were facing Manny Legace (record of 11-1 vs Avs all time before tonight). Bad enough Avs usually score only 1 goal for Theo.

It was 1-1 after 2 and the team collapsed. They don't know how to play anymore all of a sudden. Probably the worse game I have ever seen Sakic and Smyth play. One of the goals was Theo's fault but that is it. No D at all. :rolleyes: Think I am making excuses? check out the Avs boards. You know it wasn't Theo's fault when Theo haters and bashers are not blaming him.

I needed to vent. Anyone else watch the game? :(

I didn't watch the game but I wanted to know why Jordan Leopold didn't play? He's probably their best defenseman and he could've helped. Is he injured?

Stastny scored again, man this kid is on fire and making a case for the best young star in the game. Sidney who?

Guest CanadianMike
I didn't watch the game but I wanted to know why Jordan Leopold didn't play? He's probably their best defenseman and he could've helped. Is he injured?

Stastny scored again, man this kid is on fire and making a case for the best young star in the game. Sidney who?

yes that is Theo's luck with this team. Leopold didn't play (hip injury). The D was so brutal they could put Breeze-by to shame.

4 goals on 23 shots, .826 sv %... Love him or hate him, that is not NHL level worthy performance. The Avs need a goalie, that's what they need! I bet you that had Aebischer signed with the Avalanche this summer, he'd play ahead of Theodore.

Guest CanadianMike
4 goals on 23 shots, .826 sv %... Love him or hate him, that is not NHL level worthy performance. The Avs need a goalie, that's what they need! I bet you that had Aebischer signed with the Avalanche this summer, he'd play ahead of Theodore.

why? Abby sucks more than Theo. If Abby was in nets I think the score would have been 11-1. :unsure:

Did you watch the game JL? because if you did you would see that the team fell apart and left him ALONE (once again) in the 3rd.

Guest CanadianMike
Budaj is playing tomorrow..expect the Avs to score a minimum of 5 goals.

did I call it or what? Budaj in nets and the Avs are up 5-1 game is almost over. :rolleyes:

- The Colorado Avalanche tried shopping Jose Theodore this summer but could find no takers for his $6 million salary for this season. Their options are to either play him and hope his market value improves or perhaps demote him and recall him in hopes a team will take him off re-entry waivers for half his salary.

Spector's Note: The Avs are stuck with Theodore this season.

Source...

From nhlnumbers.com, the Avalanche have roughly $5 million in available cap-space anyways, so the salary shouldn't hamper them even if Theodore's riding pine. If worse does come to worse and they push themselves over the limit by picking up a rental player at the deadline, he could always be sent down for the brief period between the deadline and season's end.

Sucks for the owner who pays the bucks, but I think they're safe in the cap world (for now).

Guest CanadianMike

THEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

whoooo hoooo

Budaj let in 2 goals on his first 2 shots (4 goals on 12 shots)

Theo comes in when it was 4-0 Flames and guess what? Theo wins it in shootout!!!!!! 5-4!!

:P:P:P:lol::D

I watched Theo's 1st game and he played really well in the loss, he held the Avs in a game they had no business being in for more than 2 periods. His confidence looked much better than last year as did his rebound control. I didn't see the second game against Calgary, but he came in to a game trailing 4-0, made 17 saves plus all 3 he faced in the shootout for the win. Nice comeback! If Theo's attitude and confidence stay good, he'll do well this year. He's still a potential number one goalie. It used to bug me how bitter some Habs fans were against this guy, didn't take long to forget all the games this guy stole for us did it. I'm still a Theo fan and wish him well.

Guest CanadianMike
I watched Theo's 1st game and he played really well in the loss, he held the Avs in a game they had no business being in for more than 2 periods. His confidence looked much better than last year as did his rebound control. I didn't see the second game against Calgary, but he came in to a game trailing 4-0, made 17 saves plus all 3 he faced in the shootout for the win. Nice comeback! If Theo's attitude and confidence stay good, he'll do well this year. He's still a potential number one goalie. It used to bug me how bitter some Habs fans were against this guy, didn't take long to forget all the games this guy stole for us did it. I'm still a Theo fan and wish him well.

GREAT post! Theo gets the start tonight (playing Chicago) Let's hope he plays well again and that the Avs score more than 1 goal to help him out just a little.

Guest ComeBackStanley

tonights game (calgary if i'm not mistaken) loked good from what i saw from the replays on RDS...theo let some in but he did have a couple nice saves (including this really close glove save). i beliee they also won.

theo isn't my fave player out there, and i never was really into him, but if this any indication of his year ahead, i'm glad he might be getting back on the right track. he oes have the talent to be an excellent goaltender and i hate to see wasted talent. i wish him all the best.

Guest CanadianMike

41 shots on Theo. 3-2 win in O/T GO THEOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Avs didn't have a good game, but like someone on the Avs boards said "Theo has stolen 2 games for the Avs both against Calgary" Evn if Theo is now 2-2, he has had 4 good/great games.

Happy for him!

Guest habs_fan1160

Glad to see it looks like he's getting back on track. I only caught a period of the Av's game last night, but from what I saw he played really well.

41 shots on goal is insane, he probably felt like he was back in Montreal.

Guest lisa_11
41 shots on Theo. 3-2 win in O/T GO THEOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Avs didn't have a good game, but like someone on the Avs boards said "Theo has stolen 2 games for the Avs both against Calgary" Evn if Theo is now 2-2, he has had 4 good/great games.

Happy for him!

Feels very good to see that Theo made 39 saves for the win. I really hope he continues like this.

For those watching Avs games, how's their defense? I haven't heard many good things about it.

Archived