The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

St. Louis Blues 07-08

roy_133

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Memo Gonzales

I think that the Blues might surprise many this season. They have a very good coach in Andy Murray and he can get everything out of the roster, which actually isn't that bad except for the defense, particularly now when McKee and Brewer are injured. Erik Johnson is also day-to-day ATM, and still they beat the Preds, who have started their season well, by the score of 4-1.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 1970 Habs
Erik Johnson will have a lot to prove, don't be surprised to see him as a Calder trophy candidate at the end of the year.

7GP

5W 2L for 10 PTS

23 GF 14 GA

Defence core of eight players has only 8 pts.

Half of them from the rookie Steve Wagner. He leads the defence core with 1G 3A and a plus 4.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest 1970 Habs

Davis Perron the player I would have liked Montreal to have drafted in June was the #1 Star of the night with two goals. Had a beuatiful wrister last night.

In 8 games the 19 year old rookie has 7 pts (4 goals, 3 assists) and is plus 2.

• 1 month later...
Guest KomisarekGurl8

I'm not too happy with the trade as I love the Blues and Doug Weight is one of my favorite player. Knowing that Anaheim won't keep him next year, I wonder what will happen to him :(

Guest 1970 Habs
I'm not too happy with the trade as I love the Blues and Doug Weight is one of my favorite player. Knowing that Anaheim won't keep him next year, I wonder what will happen to him :(

In the long run though it will pay off. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest 1970 Habs

Tkachuk reaches 500 goals in Blues win

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - Keith Tkachuk took the shot from beyond center ice toward an empty net. One "lucky bounce" later, his entire team was swarming him. Tkachuk became the 41st player in NHL history to score 500 goals, and added an assist to help the St. Louis Blues beat the Columbus Blue Jackets 4-1 on Sunday in the season finale for both teams.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/7995044...s-in-Blues-win-

Guest 1970 Habs

Watching Habs prospect Max Pacioretty in Michigan this year I could not help but notice another outstanding young freshman by the name of Aaron Palushaj.

He was drafted by St. Louis last year and had a phenomenal year at Michigan as well. He and Max were roommates the whole year at Michigan and are very good friends. Along with Max more will be expected of him next year when he returns to Michigan in his second year.

Here is a recent article on him:

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/1028...aaron_palushaj/

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 1970 Habs

2007-08 Season Not Without Its Memories

The 2007-08 season didn’t go as well as the Blues had hoped, but it definitely left its share of good memories.

Retired Blues defenseman Al MacInnis was inducted to the Hockey Hall of Fame on Nov. 12, 2007 in a class that included former Blues captain Scott Stevens, Mark Messier and Ron Francis. Keith Tkachuk played in his 1,000th NHL game on Dec. 1, 2007 vs. Chicago, becoming the 224th player in history to accomplish the feat and only the 28th U.S. born player to reach the milestone. He also recorded his 500th career goal on April 6, becoming the 41st player in history to hit the mark. Tkachuk is one of four U.S. born players to score more than 500 goals.

Goaltender Manny Legace put together one of the best seasons by a Blues goalie in recent memory, finishing the season with a 2.41 goals against average and a .911 save percentage. Legace made his first career All-Star appearance in January. The season also saw the debuts of rookies Erik Johnson and David Perron, both of which were selected for the 2008 NHL YoungStars game. Johnson, the team’s No. 1 draft pick in 2006, continued to excel and received more and more ice time as the season continued. Perron, who was completely unnoticed in 2006, was a first round draft pick in 2007 and took a fast track to the NHL, making the team out of training camp.

Brad Boyes led the team with a 43-goal season, the most by any one player since Brett Hull scored 43 during the 1995-96 season. Boyes, a trade deadline acquisition just one season earlier, has signed a four-year contract to remain a member of the Blues. Attendance was up more than 43 percent over last season. “All those names we’ve been hearing over the years, the Berglund’s and the Oshie’s and others, they’re around the corner, and that corner is not very far away,” Davidson said.

No matter how you look at it, the future is bright.

Source: http://blues.nhl.com/team/app/?service=pag...rticleid=360131

• 3 weeks later...

Blues Sign First Round Picks Oshie, Eller

St. Louis Blues President John Davidson announced today that the team has signed 2005 first round draft pick, T.J. Oshie and 2007 first round pick Lars Eller. “I am happy that the Blues have been patient with me over the past couple of years,” said Oshie. “I am now ready and proud to wear the Blue Note next season. I would like to thank my family, who have supported me all these years. I would also like to give a special thanks to all the programs, coaches, and all of my teammates who have made an impact on my life and hockey career.”

“I am really excited about signing with the Blues,” said Eller. “It has always been my dream to play in the NHL and I am one step closer to achieving my ultimate goal.” “We are happy to have T.J. and Lars in the fold as both players will be important assets for this hockey club as we move forward,” said Davidson. Oshie, 21, was the Blues first selection, 24th overall, in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft. A native of Everett, Washington, Oshie has spent the last three seasons at the University of North Dakota, leading the Fighting Sioux to three consecutive NCAA Frozen Four appearances.

The 6-0, 192-pound center was a first team All-WCHA selection and Top 10 Hobey Baker Award finalist this past season, finishing with a team leading 45 points (18 goals, 27 assists) in 42 games played. Oshie finished his three-year career at North Dakota, registering 142 points (59 goals, 83 assists) in 129 career games. His 142 career points ranks him 30th all-time in North Dakota history.

Eller, 19, was chosen as the 13th overall pick by the Blues in the 2007 Entry Draft. This past season, the Rodovre, Denmark native helped Frolunda J20 capture the Swedish Junior-20 SuperElit Championship. Eller also played with Frolunda of the Swedish Elite League and with Boras HC of the Swedish First League this past season. The 6-1, 198-pound forward represented Team Denmark at the 2008 World Junior Championships, tallying six points (three goals, three assists). Eller just recently represented Denmark at the 2008 World Championships, recording two assists.

Source: http://blues.nhl.com/team/app/?service=pag...rticleid=363315

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived