The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Buffalo Sabres 07-08

roy_133

• 3 weeks later...
Guest HABSrulzzz

The Buffalo Sabres announced Tuesday that the team has agreed to terms on a US$14.1-million, four-year contract extension with forward Jochen Hecht. Hecht's new contract will keep him in Buffalo through the 2011-2012 season.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest shamrun
Gainey should look at these guys as an example of what happens when you refuse to negotiate extensions during the season.

they were both asking too much. Had they given them the money the UFA were asking then they could not have kept Vanek. Who has a better potential then Briere and Drury. I mean we dont see it now, but maybe in a few seasons we will see the wisdom of that decision.

On the other hand i think we can start locking guys on long term contratcs as well, i mean with the cap going up every season then it is to our advantage (IF the players keep producing).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest arpem_can

5 of those losses were after regulation....they played well enough until overtime and shootout....This team in all likelihood just broke out of a slump in time to play Toronto who were licking their respective chops....look out TO here come the boo -birds .....5-2 Buffalo

Guest habs_fan1160

Didn't watch this game, but I"m glad to see Ilya's team go down 10-1, not only is that embarassing because they got beat by 9 goals, but it's embarassing becuase apparently they didn't get the memo that the Sabres suck this year. :P

Guest 1970 Habs
That came out of no where...They had lost 10 straight, scoring only 16 goals in those games...then BAM 10 goals in 1 game!

Well they have been very inconsistent when it comes to scoring.

They have had four games this season where they have blown out their opponents (6-0, 7-1, 8-1 and now 10-1) and 14 games they have lost where they scored 2 goals or less (8 of the 14 games was 1 goal or less).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest powerplay2009

kinda funny how they were nobodys util they CRUSHED Atlanta, and now they are in he playoff hunt. turns out they dont know how toronto feels

Guest bigsby
Man, Buffalo just tore Tampa a new one.

Sabres were down 4-1 going into the 3rd and ended up winning the game 7-4.

holy cow. that's insane! did half the tampa team stay in the lockerroom for the third?!

Archived