The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Boston Bruins 07-08

roy_133

Guest Greek Hab

Habs - Bruins rivalry numbers;

23 - The amount of head-to-head playoff series the Canadiens have won.

7 - The amount of head-to-head playoff series the Bruins have won.

310+ - Number of wins for the Canadiens in the regular season since 1924-1925.

250+ - Number of wins for the Bruins in the regular season since " ".

105 - Number of tied games between the Habs and Bruins since " ".

3 - The number of times the Habs would beat the Bruins in the Stanley Cup finals during the '50s.

1971 - The year Boston was ranked first in the league, but was kicked out of the playoffs in the first round by Les Boys.

5-1 - The score of the game in game 2 in '71, where Montreal turned the tied and won 7-5.

1977 - The year that Don Cherry's "Lunch Pail Gang" lost in the finals to the Habs.

1978 - Repeat of what happened in '77.

1979 - Game 7 in the semi-finals, Bruins lead by a goal from Rick Middleton on Ken Dryden. Dryden would later remark as "the most beautiful goal" that he ever let in.

^^^^^

HOWEVER! After the Boston bench was charged with a minor penalty for having seven players on the ice, Lafleur scored the tying goal on the ensuing power play, and Montreal's Yvon Lambert won it in overtime. The win allowed Montreal to advance to the Stanley Cup finals, wherein they won for the fourth consecutive year.

1988 - Bruins finally win a playoff series against Les Glorieux. The Bruins made it to the finals that year, but lost. The next year, Habs would beat the Bruins to make it to the finals, but lost to Calgary.

1994 - Habs were Cup defenders, but were bumped out by the Bruins in the first round.

2002 - Habs knock out the Bruins in the first round. Boston was ranked 1st in the East.

2004 - Habs, again, knock out the Bruins in the first round. Boston was ranked 2nd in the East.

2006-07 - The year Samsonov joined the Habs. Samsonov got his very first goal agaisnt his former team on Dec. 12. He scored 2 goals. Habs would win 4-3.

Source

Long story short...We OWN Boston!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest FlHabsFan

Bergeron took a hard hit by randy jones of the flyers and was taken to the hospital. He just laid there on the ice till the medics got there. Doesnt look good. And it sounds like the hit was very very dirty

I really hope Bergeron is okay. Looks like a brutal hit and the fact that he was motionless for 15 minutes is a bad sign. That makes three incidents for the Flyers in the past month. Is the league going to do the right thing and punish the organization as a whole, not just individual players?

Guest rosalie52
Bergeron took a hard hit by randy jones of the flyers and was taken to the hospital. He just laid there on the ice till the medics got there. Doesnt look good. And it sounds like the hit was very very dirty

Freakin' scary!!!

Guest Bolshevik

The video of the hit and the immediate aftermath

[note: it's a link on Youtube, so it may contain mature language in the comments]. The hit was from behind, and it seems his head was driven into the top of the boards.

I'm a big fan of Bergeron all around, and it saddens me to see this happen to him (or anyone, for that matter).

Something needs to be done about the Flyers organization, and they need to be penalized HEAVILY for the consistent abuse that their players have been inflicting.

Guest lfrommtl

im enraged

dirty, dirty hit unbeleavable.

im at a loss for words

i love checks as much as the next guy but that will ruin bergerons career

throw the book ay jones.

minimum 30 games.

bergeron_63013.jpg

nuff said.

Guest spankydriscoll
im enraged

dirty, dirty hit unbeleavable.

im at a loss for words

i love checks as much as the next guy but that will ruin bergerons career

throw the book ay jones.

minimum 30 games.

bergeron_63013.jpg

nuff said.

i disagree. the hit wasn't necessarily dirty. it was dangerous, yes, but dirty, I don't think so. Bergeron stopped short and kind of leaned back and down a bit. I'm not saying it wasn't it wasn't a penalty, but there wasn't an intent to injure. He was just trying to finish his check.

Here's hoping that Patrice is okay.

But I blame the hit on the hitting from behind rule. Players now more than ever are turning their backs to the play for the sole purpose to avoid getting hit, and too often at the last minute (not on this play necessarily). You didn't used to see that before that rule was brought up. Sometimes, we tend to get the game worst in trying to improve it. Same with the instigator rule.

Guest Miltie01

I hope Patrice is ok.

Jl is right about the players turning their backs, you have to protect yourself on the ice.

Another thing is happening too. It is one thing to finish your check, espescially if your job is in jeopardy if you don't, but in some situations you have to ease up or abort the hit all together. If the other guy is in a situation where he cannot defend himself you have to decide whether to make your coach happy or not take the risk of crippling the guy.

The players really have to figure this one out fast before something really horrible happens.

I just don't get how it's legal to take a swipe at someone's head with your arm but just touching another player with your stick draws a penalty. Mark my words: someone is going to die on the ice within the next two years if the league doesn't toughen its stance on head shots and hitting from behind.

get rid of the instigator.

that'll make guys think twice before doing something stupid like this

No, it really won't. I'm sure the last thing in a guy's mind when he goes in for a hit is "oh, well if I injure him, no one is going to want to fight because of the instigator!" Believe me, if someone wants to stand up for his team it will happen.

When was the last time we saw the instigator rule actually used when someone came to the defense of an incident like this? I certainly can't recall it.

Guest lfrommtl
No, it really won't. I'm sure the last thing in a guy's mind when he goes in for a hit is "oh, well if I injure him, no one is going to want to fight because of the instigator!" Believe me, if someone wants to stand up for his team it will happen.

When was the last time we saw the instigator rule actually used when someone came to the defense of an incident like this? I certainly can't recall it.

souray got an extra 5 last year didnt he?

Archived