The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Montreal @ Toronto | Oct. 6 2007 | Final: 4-3 Toronto (OT)

mojo-disapionted

Guest TORHABSFAN

Yeah I am ready!!! Last time I was there was April 7th.. still feel the pain need revange!!!

I will be in Sec 308 with my girlfriend both of us sporting Roy Jerseys lol mine red hers white!!!

Big question on everyones minds is who starts in nets for the Leafs? The Answer is who cares!! If Raycroft starts we will expose his week 5 hole and score if its Toskala We will score in the Top corners.. both these guys can be beat.. We just can't beat ourselves with a week effort. a full 60 min game will give us the win now lets go do it!!!

GO HABS GO!

Guest Greek Hab
We better win! A loss to the Leafs is never good :angry:

And god forbid if they do win they'll declare that their season is going to be dominant, even though they have the same old problem as before; They can't finish games.

Score low on Ray-soft

Score high on Vesa

Can't wait for tomorrow night boys!!!

Guest rendez_vous

Anyone else notice how small Vesa looks in net? Probably a good idea to go high.

BTW, don't go trolling the Leafs forum..atleast not until we win. Someone did that today and made a mockery of themself, so I was just saying.

Guest TORHABSFAN
The Leafs are an improved team this year, as much as it pains me to admit it. This isn't going to be an easy game to win in their yard. Staying out of the penalty box is going to be key. We can't take 7 penalties in the first period again or things will get ugly.

lol I don't know about that they are 0-15 on the PP to start the season.. knowing this ofcorse stay away from dumb penalties..but... If if the Habs find them selves in a situation in front of there net where they can stop a scoring chance and but risk tacking the penalty then stop the scoring chance and hope you get away with it.. Basicly don't go looking for a penalty but don't be overly fearful of ther PP with out Wellwood they look lost right now especial Tucker..

lol I don't know about that they are 0-15 on the PP to start the season.. knowing this ofcorse stay away from dumb penalties..but... If if the Habs find them selves in a situation in front of there net where they can stop a scoring chance and but risk tacking the penalty then stop the scoring chance and hope you get away with it.. Basicly don't go looking for a penalty but don't be overly fearful of ther PP with out Wellwood they look lost right now especial Tucker..

It's far too early to say that Toronto's PP isn't dangerous just because they've come up empty in two back-to-back games against last year's Eastern Conference champions. We can't get complacent. And taking a penalty to save a goal is fine, but on Wednesday night we were taking ridiculously unnecessary penalties, some in the offensive zone. Those are the infractions we have to cut out.

Also, the more time we spend in the penalty box, the less time our skilled players get at even strength, and the less chance we have of scoring goals 5-on-5.

Guest HabsfanfromtheROCK
It's far too early to say that Toronto's PP isn't dangerous just because they've come up empty in two back-to-back games against last year's Eastern Conference champions. We can't get complacent. And taking a penalty to save a goal is fine, but on Wednesday night we were taking ridiculously unnecessary penalties, some in the offensive zone. Those are the infractions we have to cut out.

Also, the more time we spend in the penalty box, the less time our skilled players get at even strength, and the less chance we have of scoring goals 5-on-5.

I agree, we cant take those darn stupid penalties as we did the other night. But the refs werent that great i think.

I was watching the leafs game and their power plays werent great at all..could hardly do anything with it.

GO HABS GO

GO HABS GO

Guest TORHABSFAN

agreed but I still say there PP is in trouble with out Wellwood.. It looked bad very bad.. What I am more conserned with is our 5 on 5 play.. We played well but need to learn how to finnish still.

agreed but I still say there PP is in trouble with out Wellwood.. It looked bad very bad.. What I am more conserned with is our 5 on 5 play.. We played well but need to learn how to finnish still.

Not sure why you think Wellwood is the key to their PP? With Sundin, Blake, Kaberle, McCabe, and Tucker, their first unit looks pretty dangerous to me.

Guest RocketPower

We have to Win Faceoffs more consistently and don't panic when clearing the puck--2 delay of game penalty's in our last game-not good. GO HABS GO

If Vesa plays like he did last night, we are in for a dandy, we will need Huet at his finest, we will need Ryder in goal scoring form, we will need some supreme work from Koivu and Kovalev, the rest will fall into place.

We ALWAYS have a rough go with the Leafs, we can't seem to play well against their forechecking style. I see this game going to shootout, and we will win it there.

Guest RocketPower
:lol: sounds like 2006-2007 all over again :lol:

Yes the HABS Gotta Smarten up. Don't panic--thats how they get into trouble--take a hit and don't retaliate.

Anyone else notice how small Vesa looks in net? Probably a good idea to go high.

He's smallish (but nowhere near as small as someone like Andy Moog for example) but he actually covers the top pretty well. Its side to side coverage he often has trouble with - wrap-arounds or front of net passes are likely your best bet. Although when he's "on" hes pretty good with most anything.

If Vesa plays like he did last night, we are in for a dandy, we will need Huet at his finest, we will need Ryder in goal scoring form, we will need some supreme work from Koivu and Kovalev, the rest will fall into place.

We ALWAYS have a rough go with the Leafs, we can't seem to play well against their forechecking style. I see this game going to shootout, and we will win it there.

All we need is for the team to play like it did on wednesday...and then get the second line firing a bit - and we should be able to win this one without the need for overtime.

Guest JIMVINNY

We had trouble with their forecheck last year because we only had one decent puck-moving defenceman. now we have three. I think the difference will be apparent against the leafs. I expect hammer and brisebois to play some serious minutes.

We had trouble with their forecheck last year because we only had one decent puck-moving defenceman. now we have three. I think the difference will be apparent against the leafs. I expect hammer and brisebois to play some serious minutes.

Thing is, our forwards can't be floating far up the ice waiting for a long pass. They have to come back and help out on the backcheck, and they have to be well-positioned to receive short, fast, crisp breakout passes. That's how you beat an aggressive two-man forecheck. I agree that we'll be better because we have more puck-moving defencemen, but they need support from the forwards if we're to mount any sort of attack coming out of our zone. Otherwise, we'll wind up icing the puck or just giving it back to the Leafs.

The Leafs are an improved team this year, as much as it pains me to admit it. This isn't going to be an easy game to win in their yard. Staying out of the penalty box is going to be key. We can't take 7 penalties in the first period again or things will get ugly.

every year the Leafs get smacked around by the Sens or some other team and every year we seem to play them in their next game and they come out flying.

still no reason we can't win this game.

Archived