The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Theodore To Start Inaugural Game For Lake Erie

Scott92

Guest .scott.

That's right, Jose Theodore will start his season in the AHL to help him re-cover from his off-season knee surgery. The game will be against the Grand Rapids Griffins on Saturday, October 6, 2007. He'll be back with the Avalanche on Sunday.

Article Link: http://www.theahl.com/news/league/index.html?article_id=7980

Thoughts?

I think it's a smart way to get someone back and ready for the NHL. I'd play him 3-5 games down there though, not just one. I mean Budaj is pretty solid for Colorado. Give Theodore time to get back to his old...old self.

Guest J Haul

I know its just for a "conditioning stint", but you've got to feel bad for how far this guy has fallen. Here's to hoping for a successful return to the NHL Theo!

Guest .scott.

His game is tonight.

Hopefully he does well. But he's up against the Griffins who were good last year.

For those who don't know, Lake Eerie is a new team this year.

Guest CanadianMike
lol thats sooo funny.

Did he have o clear waivers, i wonder if anyone will pick him up

lol

no it is for conditioning (he did not have to clear waivers). Don't know what is so funny. :rolleyes:

Lots of people (not just on here) are getting there kicks and giggles out of this article but before Huet broke out into the NHL he started 4 games in the AHL for Hamiltion and If I am not mistake lost all of them before becoming an NHL machine.

Guest .scott.

Well he lost.

3-2 Griffs.

But it honestly means nothing. He played for an expansion team tonight, and this game was supposed to be a pre-season game for him. It gave him some practice.

Here are some stats for Theo:

Goals Against: 3

Minutes Played: 59:42

Shots Against: 24

Saves: 21

........... before Huet broke out into the NHL he started 4 games in the AHL for Hamiltion and If I am not mistake lost all of them before becoming an NHL machine.

Huet went to Hamilton for conditioning purposes also.

Difference is Huet was a $ 600k yr goalie when he went down , Theodore is a $ 5 million yr goalie who if he doesn't get his act together may not get another job when his contract is up

And Huet is an OK goalie but far from a machine , Brodeur is a machine

lol thats sooo funny.

Did he have o clear waivers, i wonder if anyone will pick him up

lol

No, it's a conditioning stint. Meaning that I think Theo would have agreed to go down for a limited time (only few games) and doesn't need to clear waivers.

But no one would pick him up. As I think it was Darren Dregger or Bob McKenzie who said something like "Theodore is what golfers know as an immovable object"

Here are some stats for Theo:

Goals Against: 3

Minutes Played: 59:42

Shots Against: 24

Saves: 21

Oh boy... .875 sv%... conditioning. Let's hope for him that things will improve...

Guest CanadianMike
Oh boy... .875 sv%... conditioning. Let's hope for him that things will improve...

you hate him..why would you care if he improves? :o

He is back and ready to be Avs backup.

Guest RedLightRacicot

No matter what people think I feel bad for this guys declining career. I appreciate the few good years he gave us and I wish no ill will towards him or his play...except for when hes playing us of course! ;)

Guest habs_fan1160

Sad, I just stumbled across this thread.

I really don't think that playing in the AHL for even a half a season would hurt this guy. I know he was there for conditioning, but maybe he can regain some of his composure and confidence in the AHL.

If he was playing for Lake Erie there would be only a few eyes upon him rather than millions. It might take the pressure off of him and help him find his game.

I hope success for Theo, I really like him, but whatever he's doing or the organization is doing to try and get him back on his game isn't working.

I have a feeling he's taking his earnings from these seasons and putting it into a savings account, because honestly who would sign him after this?

Theo's gotta know that too.

Guest RedLightRacicot
Sad, I just stumbled across this thread.

I really don't think that playing in the AHL for even a half a season would hurt this guy. I know he was there for conditioning, but maybe he can regain some of his composure and confidence in the AHL.

If he was playing for Lake Erie there would be only a few eyes upon him rather than millions. It might take the pressure off of him and help him find his game.

I hope success for Theo, I really like him, but whatever he's doing or the organization is doing to try and get him back on his game isn't working.

I have a feeling he's taking his earnings from these seasons and putting it into a savings account, because honestly who would sign him after this?

Theo's gotta know that too.

At this rate Theo's best case scenario for his future could be if someone gives him a chance as a back-up at the league minimum.

Guest habs_fan1160
At this rate Theo's best case scenario for his future could be if someone gives him a chance as a back-up at the league minimum.

I'd have to agree with that. I wonder what happened with him. You're not an outstanding goaltender for two years and then fall off the charts. He was playing top of the league. There's obviously a reason, but who knows what that is.

Guest .scott.
I'd have to agree with that. I wonder what happened with him. You're not an outstanding goaltender for two years and then fall off the charts. He was playing top of the league. There's obviously a reason, but who knows what that is.

Well what about Patrick Lalime.

Who? Ye, some people may have even forgot about him already.

So yes, people do fall of the charts.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest AlexOscar

And the competition for goalie spots is really heavy. Your standard level has to be very high in order to ensure your place as a starting goalie even after a couple of bad games. For example, Martin Brodeur... I mean on his bad day he's still pretty good. lol

Archived