The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

The Out of Town Thread

Larry-Horse

Guest clarke19

All great suggestions guys. I will be sure to try that Burger place as their is nothing I enjoy more then a good burger. The ribs sound good too. I'll have to pick up a map to find most of the places you mentioned. I'll be staying in the Delta on University. It is about a 5 minute walk from the Bell Centre as I stayed there last year.

Can someone explain to me what the Biodome is? Also, are there any good Sports Bars for after the game. I am 16 and I'm going with my dad so I can't get into any of the bars or pubs unfortunatly ;)

Guest GoHabsGo57
Can someone explain to me what the Biodome is? Also, are there any good Sports Bars for after the game. I am 16 and I'm going with my dad so I can't get into any of the bars or pubs unfortunatly ;)

I've never been to the Biodome, but I tried last July, but the lineup was too long. The Biodome is right beside the Olympic Stadium, and it has a lot of different animals from other parts of the world, and some plants, I think. Oh and in Montreal, they'll let anyone into the bars...they don't really care! :lol: I think they let underagers into the Peel Pub before 5pm, great place to eat.

Guest overlords
All great suggestions guys. I will be sure to try that Burger place as their is nothing I enjoy more then a good burger. The ribs sound good too. I'll have to pick up a map to find most of the places you mentioned. I'll be staying in the Delta on University. It is about a 5 minute walk from the Bell Centre as I stayed there last year.

well sporty bars? Like someone mentioned peel pub is pretty popular. But obviously most people go to la cage aux sports before a game, it's famous for basically making money off of the habs game days :P. Good food, a little pricey and i don't know how they price their alcohol though.

Biodome has many different animals (my favorite is the sloth and the penguins!). There's also the botanical gardens which is actually in front of my old high school (it's all part of a gigantic city block that is made up of biodome, star cite cinema, insectarium, olympic stadium etc). Insectarium is cool but it's not open year round, but i guess you can't be easily creeped out to see that.

Also if you come down to montreal i recommend getting a good smoke meat sandwich, best in north america i've heard. And from my experience Jarry's smoke meat, schwartz and dunns are the best.

Guest swansee

Good pizza on Crescent street, even better at La Pizziaole in old Montreal and Brodeur and Souray also had a Pizzeria down there smoked meat.....any of the above mentioned!!!! Steak....Gibby's or Moishes or Queue de Cheval (most pretty pricey).....can't quite remember the name....also nice little crepe place on a corner off Notre Dame in old montreal......there's not too much to see at the old Forum but the place has presence....and a couple statues......for religious experience, the Basilica or Notre Dame in Old montreal (where rocket and trudeau had their funerals) or even the church right near the Bell Centre. For shopping, Ste Catherine and the 'underground' city.....start at the old Eaton Centre......For views,.walking up College to Mcgill is nice (watch out for the butter people :D ) and Mont Royal is also nice depending on the weather.....McCord museum is usually good

Guest clarke19

I need to make a list of this stuff, it all sounds good. My dad wants to get a smoked meat sandwich.

So in terms of attractions and address so far I have.

Habs Store - Bell Centre

Mister Steer Burger - St.Catherine

Underground city - Not sure where that is. Probably easy to find.

Cresent street for entertainment. We'll see how appropriate it is when i get up there.

Le Baton Rouge - Address unknown

Biodome - Address unknown

La banquise - Not near Bell Centre but best poutine in Montreal

The Forum - Mall of some sorts, still good enough to visit. Easy enough to find if you say " Forum " to a cabbie.

Peel Pub - Sounds friendly before 5pm lol - address unknown

La cage aux sports - Address unknown

Jarry's smoked meat- Address Unknown

Dunns - Address unknown

Schwartz - Address Unknown

Cresent street for assorted restaurants

La Pizziaole - Old Montreal

Gibby's - Address unknown

Moishes - Address unknown

Queue de Cheval - Address unknown

Over the next couple days before I leave I will be putting together a list of restaurants and attractions up there.

Any other suggestions are definitely welcomed.

I've gotten mixed reviews about the Forum, is it worth the taxi ride there from the Delta on University or should I just remember it for what it was and not experience what it has been made into.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Icarus

well, spring break is coming up from college soon and i have been able to talk my dad into taking our family up to Montreal so we can see a Habs game. however, my dad doesn't want to dish out money for a 3 day trip just for a hockey game, so i'm looking for more stuff to do in Montreal.

if anybody could give me some cultural or historical hotspots, that would be great!

Guest .habsolutly25

Make sure you check out the old port, and there a bunch of museums to visit. You can do lots of things in montreal.

Guest halifax_habs
well, spring break is coming up from college soon and i have been able to talk my dad into taking our family up to Montreal so we can see a Habs game. however, my dad doesn't want to dish out money for a 3 day trip just for a hockey game, so i'm looking for more stuff to do in Montreal.

if anybody could give me some cultural or historical hotspots, that would be great!

BioDome is an indoor zoo with numerous different eco-systems - and penguins! It's pretty awesome and is next to the Olympic Stadium. The Olympic Stadium also has a very tall tower and observation deck with great views of the city.

Mont-Royal park is amazing. It's a couple hundred feet above the city and gives you a great view of Montreal. It's an enormous park in the centre of the city, similar to Central Park.

If you're into art the Fine Arts Museum on Sherbrooke St. is very nice. I was there two winters ago and the permanent collection was free.

Notre-Dame de Montreal in Old Montreal is worth a visit, as is Marie-Reinne du Monde Cathedral which is a smaller replica of St. Peter's of Rome.

As far as nightlife and music goes it's a great party town if that's what you are looking for.

Guest Price4Prez

Not too mention the IMAX theatre which is located in Old Montreal, as is the famous "Ice Bar" (yes, everything is made of ice, tables, chairs, walls). There is also the clock tower in Old Montreal.

The insectarium located near the Olympic Stadium, is quite intresting from a museum point of view.

Although there is more activites in the summer time, there is plenty of things to do in Montreal!

Guest lecavalierrocks
could we seriously sticky the out of town thread, there's a new one of these every 2 days. no offense icarus.

I have to agree, but hope u have fun in Montreal Stills! It's a Fantastic city!

Guest Luke_Dundee

My name is Luke from downunder. I live in a small outback town called Broken hill. its farken hot out here , anyway my question is that I will be in Toronto between september and march and would love to see some Hockey while i am there. how and where do i go about purchasing tickets and how much would they cost

thanks and G'day mates

Luke

Guest Canine64

Hello. My girlfriend and I are attending the April 5 game vs the Laffs and wanted some hotel recommendations. Key requirements are: clean, close to the Bell Centre, close to shopping (preferably the underground), and secure/safe parking. Thank you for your help.

Go Habs Go!!!

Hello. My girlfriend and I are attending the April 5 game vs the Laffs and wanted some hotel recommendations. Key requirements are: clean, close to the Bell Centre, close to shopping (preferably the underground), and secure/safe parking. Thank you for your help.

Go Habs Go!!!

http://www.lenouvelhotel.com/montreal_downtown_hotel.htm

thats where my fiance and I stayed when we went to Montreal in February. You walk out the front door of the hotel and turn right, walk for about 2 minutes and you will see the bell centre. One more right turn and your are walking towards the bell centre. As for shopping your close alot of different areas to shop. As for parking I honestly can't answer that one.

Guest Price4Prez

My girlfriend presently works at the Canlites Suites Hotel on Peel and Sherbrooke. You are approximatley 5 minute drive from the Bell Centre. The Hotel has indoor valet parking, 4 Stars, and is 5 min. drive or 1 metro stop from teh underground city. It actually is very clean,neat, and cheap compared to the rest of the hotels downtown. The only negative part, is it does not have a full restaurant, but in Montreal, that doesnt really matter!!?!

Cheers

Guest 1stroundpick

question for the out of towners. Those that went, saw & participated how was your experience of the Bell center and of Montreal?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gsanta

hello..

My wife and I are taking a road trip to the Buffalo game. Anyone else going? We are looking for fellow habs fans to hang with before and after the game :)

Guest The wall fan

I'm going to that game and to the game agaisnt toronto the day after with some friends including ColRouléBleu! maybe we won't see each other at the game but make sure to do a lot of noise!!! Go Habs Go!!!

PS: just pay attention, some fans get injured at boston after the last game!

Archived