The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

The Out of Town Thread

Larry-Horse

Guest Renko

I'll be going out after the game that much is a certainty and I think I'll be jumping from place to place along that Chippewa street. If anyone is interested in a little bar-hopping after the game I'll be down for that. I'm with 3 other friends (guys) 2 Habs fans and one Pittsburgh fan who will be a Habs fan this weekend if he knows what's good for him.

Guest Habsgirl3823

I could go for some bar hopping. lol.I NEVER get to hang out with other Habs fans... so I'm really down for anything. lol

Anyone know what hotel the Habs stay at in Buffalo?Maybe I'll take a late night trip up there and see if I can find them :P

Guest cassandra

Haha well I'm stuck with a Toronto fan! But hopefully 2 other Habs fans as well... not sure, I might have 2 extra tickets to the game I have to find something to do with because those two other guys might not be able to come.

And I don't really care about where to go, I'm up for bar hopping too, it's my birthday celebration this weekend so that was the plan haha.

And to answer your question, I think the Habs will be staying over in Buffalo the night before, but after the game they usually leave right away to go wherever they are playing next, in this case Toronto...

I was in Ottawa in Feb. for a game and my friend's sister works at the hotel that the hockey teams always stay at, and we went the night after the game for some drinks, and I met two guys who had fully signed jerseys they all signed them for him when they left for the rink the morning of the game... anyway the point to my long story is haha if you want to meet them you'd have to go to the hotel the night before/morning of to catch them heading out or something.

Guest Renko

Yeah Cassandra is right, they'll be getting on a plane right away for Toronto so the only window to catch them will be after the game. I already have my Koivu jersey signed and framed though so meeting them isn't super high on my priority list. I always feel like I'm bothering them when I want to get something signed or a picture.

Guest gsanta

The archor bar is supposed to be a really cool place. My vote is to all meetup there after the game. Its the home of the ORIGINAL BUFFALO wing :) From there maybe we could go bar hopping! Thoughts? I just hope they win. When they lose I tend to get depressed and just wanna go to sleep..

Website for archor bar: http://www.anchorbar.com/

Glenn

Guest Renko

Win or lose there will be no sleep. We're clinched!

The archor bar is supposed to be a really cool place. My vote is to all meetup there after the game. Its the home of the ORIGINAL BUFFALO wing :) From there maybe we could go bar hopping! Thoughts? I just hope they win. When they lose I tend to get depressed and just wanna go to sleep..Website for archor bar: http://www.anchorbar.com/Glenn
Not a half bad plan...I hear Buffalo wings are pretty good. ;)

Guest jmalone

A friend and I are driving down to Buffalo tomorrow hoping to get tickets off of scalpers. Has anyone done that in Buffalo before? I'm assuming it is like Toronto and there will be plenty of scalpers .... what side does Buffalo defend - from what I gather the 111 end is where the habs will defend twice. Any advice for crossing the border - if I say going to go see the hockey game will they ask to see the tickets? Just say we're going shopping??? What can I expect to pay for two tickets in the 100's section???? So many questions so little time. GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!

Guest cassandra

Hey, I MAY have two tickets for sale in the 109 section, they are sort of corner seats, but row 12.

I am waiting to hear back from a friend, hopefully I will know sooner than later, and could sell you them if you'd like.

As for passing the border, just make sure you have all of your documents ready, just have your driver answer questions, not everyone all at once, I'm not sure what you should say you're doing, you could say shopping or just meeting friends to go to the game, and they have the tickets.

Anyway, I should be hearing back soon about those tickets if you're interested and I'll PM you if I find out soon!

Guest jmalone
Hey, I MAY have two tickets for sale in the 109 section, they are sort of corner seats, but row 12.

I am waiting to hear back from a friend, hopefully I will know sooner than later, and could sell you them if you'd like.

That would be amazing!!!!!

Guest cassandra

ok i'll let you know as soon as possible jmalone, aaand habsgirl, and anyone else who wants to get together after the game, we're going to try to meet during 1st intermission to figure out where we will go after the game. so anyone who wants to let me or renko know, so we can figure out a spot, unless you just want to pick a bar and all go there.

Guest gsanta

OK OK.. lets pick a spot already. I put my 2 cents in with archor bar.. but if someone has a better idea, lets hear it. I just wanna get together with some fellow habs fans after the game!! :)

Guest Renko

Okay we've discussed it amongst ourselves and have decided that meeting at the Anchor Bar for a few drinks after the game is the idea that has the highest chance of working. Anyone who is making the trek down to Buffalo for the game is more than welcome to share a drink with us. Remember to wear or carry atleast something Habs so we can recognize you. Have a great time and Go Habs Go!

Guest gsanta

Archor bar after the game!! Im there! Ill be wearing the home jersey but it wont be lettered. I just bought it in Montreal a few weeks ago and havent had time to do that yet. :)

Guest cassandra

Does anyone know how far a Greyhound station is from the arena?

I am staying in a hotel on the Canadian side of Niagara Falls, but want to go out on the Buffalo, and a cab across the border is like $60-75, so I was thinking I could take the Greyhound but, it arrives at like 7:20, haha so I do not want to miss any of the game... thanks!

Guest sherby_habs_fan

Hello Habs fans!!, we are 4 hardcore habs fan and we will be there on game 1 of next playoff, it will be our first game at the Bell Centre ( yep, its hard to buy tickets when your in college..$$$$ , but this year we could not resist! :P ) so we will be there on game 1 and we are from Sherbrooke

1 - can you give us some good restaurants close to the Bell Centre ?

2- at what time should we be there to make sure we find a parking there or near the Bell centre ??

3- even if its not allowed (well this is what they say.. ) can we bring our digital cameras and take some pictures inside??

4- when exactly the doors open before a game??

thanks to all of you and see ya at game 1 , im so excited!! :D

p.s sorry for my english im not perfect, yet ;)

Guest swansee
Hello Habs fans!!, we are 4 hardcore habs fan and we will be there on game 1 of next playoff, it will be our first game at the Bell Centre ( yep, its hard to buy tickets when your in college..$$$$ , but this year we could not resist! :P ) so we will be there on game 1 and we are from Sherbrooke

1 - can you give us some good restaurants close to the Bell Centre ?

2- at what time should we be there to make sure we find a parking there or near the Bell centre ??

3- even if its not allowed (well this is what they say.. ) can we bring our digital cameras and take some pictures inside??

4- when exactly the doors open before a game??

thanks to all of you and see ya at game 1 , im so excited!! :D

p.s sorry for my english im not perfect, yet ;)

1. Many of all different types and all price ranges........best cheap bet would be Dunn's or Reuben's for smoked meat in Ste Catherine/Peel area (3 minute walk)......you can't get anymore Montreal than that!!!!! (but remember if you have club seats.....all the food at the Bell centre is free!)

2. There is lots of parking but I'd definitely go at least 90 minutes before.......but why not go early and hit a bar or restaurant!

3. Yes, everyone does! I've never had a problem bringing a small digital camera. Just don't overly draw attention to yourself and you'll be fine. If you get there for pregame skate (45 minutes before game time) it is possible to sneak down to the glass and take some closeup photos.....just walk in as if it is your area! Go to the end zone (Habs I presume!), if anyone stops you just try a different entrance.

4. I believe an hour before but check this on the bell centre website,

Your English is just fine.........have a great time!!!! GO HABS!!!!

Guest Komi4MVP

Not sure if this is the right section of the board to place it but thought it's worth a shot.

I know there's fans heading to Boston to cheer the Habs on, but I am looking beyond the first round and thinking the Finals. I am wondering if any other Northeastern Habs fans are heading to the area for the Finals. I've already booked a hotel room during what would be Games 3 and 4 of the Finals but would love to have others from the area to show our support to our favorite team from the North. :D

Archived