The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Cup Wins

kx250

Guest Lafleurfan2

I was alive for 6 But I think I saw about 4 . for the new people on this board look at my location you will

then understand that I don't think hockey was shown on regular tv except the teams channel there was no

usa in the mid 70's or espn. I saw a little bit of the Boston serises , the Rangers , Flames I also saw the La serise. I actualy have game 5 of us beating Calgary.

i was alive for 2 but only watched '93. i was 1 when we won in '86.

I tell you though i would of given anything to be alive when the Rocket played and for the 70's dynasties. Oh man they must of been sweet!

Guest den0923

I was born in '61. My father and I watched every habs game that was on tv side by side on our couch. He was the biggest habs fan in the world. Therefore I have seen every cup win on tv since '61. I'm not sure how many that is lol, but i sure hope to see another cup soon, so i can remember my father jump up and yell " way to go tabarnac" and walk around prouder than a peacock for days.

Guest spankydriscoll

been alive for 2 but was only 10 in 93. although i have a vague memory of a friend who lived down the road owning a poster of the 93 champs that year.

Guest FlHabsFan

'93 on TV

I had just moved back to NY after growing up in Florida where people thought about hockey as often as they bought snow tires and ice scrapers (never). First game I saw live was Winnepeg Jets @ NYIslanders when I was working a retail store road show there in Long Island below the arena.

Guest martinm87

I was 6 years old when they won it in '93. I remember listening to the final on the radio in my mom's car, my brother and I were begging her to drive home faster so we wouldn't miss it. I remember they had a reporter/broadcaster in a cage-aux-sports somewhere and everyone was singing "na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goo-oodbye!" and we were singing along. We got home about 10 minutes before the game ended and I remember seeing them bringing the cup through the halls of the forum, getting closer and closer to the ice... I've been waiting to see it happen again ever since then. The next year I went to a game against the Senators at the forum with my family and I remember me and my brother being so amazed and starstruck to actually see Patrick Roy with our own eyes right there on the ice...

One day we will see it again...

Guest old-time Habs fan
It doesn't rhyme ?

I wish I could have seen what you have, glad you are here to share !!!

I'm glad I'm here to share, as well,

and see the odd one at the Bell,

or, in Toronto, where I shout,

GO HABS GO, with my loud mouth.

Guest ComeBackStanley
I was alive for 2, but only old enough to slightly remember the 1993 one.

same here :P

i'ld like to have late birthday presents from the habs (in form of a stanley cup) more often lol (my birthday is in early may so a few months late but better than nothing :P )

Guest Waiting for Cup 25

I've been around since 72, so that's what, 7 cups? Don't really remember most of them though. I actually remember the 89 run when Calgary beat us because I predicted it at the beginning of the season that year! The 93 cup I saw won on TV when I was stationed in Japan.

I've seen the last 6 on t.v.remember every one of them....Bare with me here, the 78' & 79' seasons I

would sit in front of the tv and say to myself,lets see if they can get a good going over tonight by

what ever team they were playing.It just wouldn't happen,they would totaly domonate the game.Thats what it was back in my day being a habs fan.

I believe that in the near future,the HABS will be that domonating again,and say to myself listen

opponates see if you can bet my HABITONT TO NIGHT.

If you can say this about a team that you love thats special.And we have a special team that well be

back on top.

HERES TO YOU MONTREAL CANADIENS

I was born in '61. My father and I watched every habs game that was on tv side by side on our couch. He was the biggest habs fan in the world. Therefore I have seen every cup win on tv since '61. I'm not sure how many that is lol, but i sure hope to see another cup soon, so i can remember my father jump up and yell " way to go tabarnac" and walk around prouder than a peacock for days.

That would be awesome :)

• 1 month later...
Guest habs_fan1160

I remember the 1993 one a lot better than the 1986 one, but I still remember it even though I was only four years old. I even remember where we watched it lol.

Archived