The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Cup Wins

kx250

Guest habs_fan1160

I would have loved to live through the 50s, 60s and 70s as a Habs fan. However, I wouldn't want to be that old lol. But it would have been an amazing time to be a Habs fan.

Guest 1970 Habs
So you must be really old? :D

Hey I am in that group so watch it as thems is fighting words. :lol:

I would have loved to live through the 50s, 60s and 70s as a Habs fan. However, I wouldn't want to be that old lol. But it would have been an amazing time to be a Habs fan.

Do not worry you will get there eventually. Everyone does. :lol::lol:

The sad thing is you young pups missed the best darn ever Habs Team in the 70s.

Pure domination from top to bottom (the best goalie, defence, checking and offence all on one team).

You should read the books written by some of those players - Dryden "The Game" and Robinson "For the Defence"

as it gives a good look into the team dynamics.

Ahh what an era. Sometimes it is nice to be old. :lol::lol:

Guest habs_fan1160
Hey I am in that group so watch it as thems is fighting words. :lol:

Do not worry you will get there eventually. Everyone does. :lol::lol:

The sad thing is you young pups missed the best darn ever Habs Team in the 70s.

Pure domination from top to bottom (the best goalie, defence, checking and offence all on one team).

You should read the books written by some of those players - Dryden "The Game" and Robinson "For the Defence"

as it gives a good look into the team dynamics.

Ahh what an era. Sometimes it is nice to be old. :lol::lol:

Lol, I agree - I did miss a good era, but I still am content with being 25 lol. I've read both The Game and For the Defence, great books. I definatley understand the greatness I missed.

• 1 month later...
Guest swansee

None live unfortunately!!! not even a playoff game! :angry:

I've seen twelve, although admittedly the first two are a bit hazy!! My favourites were 1971 with Dryden (what a great surprise to beat the Bruins! :D :D :D ) and 1973 when Cournoyer ripped it up!!!!!!

86 and 93 were also favourites as I cleaned up in the hockey pools by taking all the Habs!!!! :D :D :D :D

Guest f30marco

zero unfortuanatly, i really started having interest in watching hockey when in 94 during the olympics and from there on i started watching the habs and haven't missed one since......okay well i missed a couple recently but i had a good reason ;);)

Guest olddude

Born in 1958, I've been around for 15 cups, remember watching 10 cup victories. Like others here, my father was a huge fan, and Saturday night was hockey night in Canada. I made a lot of money off the old Habs (sucker Leaf fans). I've never seen one live, seen the Habs 3 times in Toronto, once in Ottawa and the best was game 2 in the playoffs against Boston at the Forum, (we won game 1) John Kordic scored our only 2 goals and we lost and went on to not win another game in the series.

Guest 1970 Habs
lets see the dyanasty happened 76-79 oh and 71 or around there

then 86 amd 93

7 cups

You cannot be so old that you forgot the 1973 Stanley Cup win are you? :lol:

Guest GreekHockeyCoach
You might have to live until you are a 100. :lol:

I can see it now not letting yourself go until you see them win that 8th Cup. :lol:

Now that's being a fan.

Hopefully they can win 8 more before I turn 100 cause I sure don't see myself making it there. :lol:

Guest RockMtl

Back in '69 I was old enough to know hockey and the HAbs won a cup that year against St.Louis. The rest is HISTORY!! Will live and die being a HABS fan. As my sig states - we all got spoiled watching them in the 70's - so that's 9 cups for me.

Hopefully they can win 8 more before I turn 100 cause I sure don't see myself making it there. :lol:
Hey Greek -- DEPENDS!! --- No I mean if you live till 100 you'll need DEPENDS to watch them win the cup!!! LOLPS: I wish for you to live till 100!!

Guest GreekHockeyCoach
Back in '69 I was old enough to know hockey and the HAbs won a cup that year against St.Louis. The rest is HISTORY!! Will live and die being a HABS fan. As my sig states - we all got spoiled watching them in the 70's - so that's 9 cups for me.

Damn you're old, 9 cups :lol:

Hey Greek -- DEPENDS!! --- No I mean if you live till 100 you'll need DEPENDS to watch them win the cup!!! LOLPS: I wish for you to live till 100!!

hahahaha, my coffee just went through my nose reading this one :lol::lol:

Guest Air Thief

I've only lived long for the Habs to earn only 1 cup, but I wasn't really into hockey at the time, in 1993. I think it was the year after, in 94, that I started showing interest in the sport...

But at the time, I was more of a... dare shall I say it... ...NORDIQUES FAN :D

• 9 months later...

I'm told I watched 70/71 but I was 4 so lord help me I can't remember it

72/73 - Yes

75/76 - Yes

76/77 - Yes

77/78 - Yes

78/79 - Yes

85/86 - Yes, though I'm still angry I went and made a sandwich and missed that 9s OT goal :P

92/93 - Yes

So that'd make 7 with another I can't honestly remember

Archived