The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Yannick Weber

Guest 1970 Habs

It'd be sweet to see him in Montreal at the start of the season. It seems like none of the other teams ever know who our players are, they'd never suspect he's got a bomb shot until it's too late. Then he'd get 20 goals and ROTY.

Well, I'm sure he's going to attend the rookie combine. :lol:

You can go watch him do skating drills! ;)

Yannick Weber in die NHL?

Yannick Weber, der Berner Verteidiger, der im kanadischen Junioren-Hockey letzte Saison fast einen Punkt pro Spiel produzierte (59 Partien, 55 Punkte!), könnte bereits nächste Saison zu ersten Einsätzen in der NHL kommen. Die Montreal Canadiens haben ihm einen Zweiwegvertrag mit dem Minimalsalär offeriert, den Weber (noch) nicht akzeptiert hat. Doch ist davon auszugehen, dass sich Weber mit Montreal einig wird, zumal er sehr gute Perspektiven hat: Die Organisation der Canadiens ist nicht mit zu vielen guten Verteidigern gesegnet und Weber dürfte auf Anhieb im Farmteam in Hamilton einer der wichtigsten Abwehrspieler sein - und damit hätte er gute Chancen, hin und wieder als siebter oder achter Verteidiger nach Montreal geholt zu werden. Mit etwas Glück könnte er sogar seine ersten NHL-Partien bestreiten.

It says that the Habs have offered him a two-way contract.

I will try to translate this for you (sry for my english):

"Yannick Weber in the NHL?

Yannick Weber, defencemen from Bern, who played in canadian junior hockey last season and produced near one point per game (59 games, 55 points!), could already play some games in the NHL next season. The Montreal Canadiens have offered him a two-way contract at minimum salary, that Weber has still not accepted (for now). Still, it's likeable that Weber will find an aggreement with Montreal, because he has very good chances with the team: the organisation of the Montreal Canadiens has not too many good defencemen around and Weber should be from the start one of the most important defencemen in Hamilton - and so he has good chances to be called up from time to time by Montreal as seven or eight defencemen. With a little bit of luck he could play his first NHL game."

Yannick Weber, defencemen from Bern, who played in canadian junior hockey last season and produced near one point per game (59 games, 55 points!), could already play some games in the NHL next season. The Montreal Canadiens have offered him a two-way contract at minimum salary, that Weber has still not accepted (for now). Still, it's likeable that Weber will find an aggreement with Montreal, because he has very good chances with the team: the organisation of the Montreal Canadiens has not too many good defencemen around and Weber should be from the start one of the most important defencemen in Hamilton - and so he has good chances to be called up from time to time by Montreal as seven or eight defencemen. With a little bit of luck he could play his first NHL game."

Three year entry level contract I expect.

Three year entry level contract I expect.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Trevor Timmons says:

"I don't want to toot his horn too much, but Yannick had a great season last year," Timmins said. "He was a big part of why Kitchener went so far, winning the OHL regular-season and playoff championships and playing in the Memorial Cup Final. He was an OHL Second Team All-Star and when he was out of the lineup with an ankle injury, you could tell that they missed him. He really helps the transition game, which is important the way hockey is played today. He can really get the puck up to the forwards quickly.

"Yannick is solid defensively. He's a really strong technical skater, which allows him to log a lot of minutes, 30-plus per game. That was especially important when they had a lot of injuries. Yannick definitely made progress last year. He took on more of a leadership role and was a go-to-guy from the back end in Kitchener."

Source: http://canadiens.nhl.com/team/app/?service...rticleid=379546

Trevor Timmons says:

"I don't want to toot his horn too much, but Yannick had a great season last year," Timmins said. "He was a big part of why Kitchener went so far, winning the OHL regular-season and playoff championships and playing in the Memorial Cup Final. He was an OHL Second Team All-Star and when he was out of the lineup with an ankle injury, you could tell that they missed him. He really helps the transition game, which is important the way hockey is played today. He can really get the puck up to the forwards quickly.

"Yannick is solid defensively. He's a really strong technical skater, which allows him to log a lot of minutes, 30-plus per game. That was especially important when they had a lot of injuries. Yannick definitely made progress last year. He took on more of a leadership role and was a go-to-guy from the back end in Kitchener."

Source: http://canadiens.nhl.com/team/app/?service...rticleid=379546

First let me say, thanks for all of these updates 1970 Habs!

Also, I am pleasantly surprised to see Timmins so high on Weber. I don't think many people look at our defensive depth and see Weber being near the top, but by the way it sounds he is a very complete player for his OHL team. Hopefully he can channel that for Montreal in a few years!

First let me say, thanks for all of these updates 1970 Habs!

Also, I am pleasantly surprised to see Timmins so high on Weber. I don't think many people look at our defensive depth and see Weber being near the top, but by the way it sounds he is a very complete player for his OHL team. Hopefully he can channel that for Montreal in a few years!

Personally he is the prospect I most look forward to seeing play for the HABS. He's a better all round player than any of the other defensive prospects in my opinion. He will be solid on D and with that wrist shot of his he can be the Streit of our powerplay for years to come. I know Subban has a big shot but he's nowhere nearly as good on defense.

I suppose he'll go to Hamilton. Wow , Hamilton will have a lot of defenseman i think who's already there ... Carle , Valentenko , Weber , henry , Anderson , Bell and maybe Paquet (??? i'm not sure , is he finish is college ?)

actually now that hamilton just signed weber, they have six defenseman,

Belle, Carle, Valentenko, Henry, Anderson and Weber.

they need to sign Paquet before he can come to hamilton.

lol

Archived