The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Atlanta @ Montreal | Oct. 30 2007 | Final: 3-2 Atlanta (S/O)

briere48_mtl

Guest CanadianMike

I wish I was going to Price's 1st game!

can't wait for the puck to drop. Don't take any teams lightly Habs...go get 'em.

GRABOVSKIIIIIIII score 1...or 2. please!!! play smart Gorges (here is your chance!!)

We took Florida lightly or we would have crushed them when we had the chance.

Uh, because we didnt win the game, it means we took the team lightly? I'm pretty sure we turned in a pretty dominant performance that night. I disagree with what you've said. It's about ethic and cohesion, not about the final score. Sometimes you can play great and just not get the chances or capitalize. Other nights you play like crap and pull out 2 points. It's about how the team looks, IMO, that says how into it they are.

hmm... not sure i like this, actually i dont like it at all <_<

Bouillon is injured (most likely the hit he took from Gonchar at the end of the last game :angry: ), so it's not like Bouillon is a healthy scratch to be replaced by Gorges. What's there not to like?

Guest emma4903
so this is prices 1st home game its in montreal tonight isnt it? wonder why carbs put him in and not huet

with his win against pittsburg his confidence is high.....not to jinx this but thrashers arent the best team and its less pressure than playing someone like ottawa at home ( i knocked on wood after saying that!)

Guest AlexOscar
with his win against pittsburg his confidence is high.....not to jinx this but thrashers arent the best team and its less pressure than playing someone like ottawa at home ( i knocked on wood after saying that!)

Always knock on wood. I think it's good that Price is the starting goalie, but Atlanta has been coming out of a slump and they're looking a lot more dangerous now than in the beginning of the season. Their material is lot better on paper than their results show. Thankfully games are not played on paper. ;) (except here)

5th straight win a-coming.

Guest habs_fan1160
so this is prices 1st home game its in montreal tonight isnt it? wonder why carbs put him in and not huet

I think Price's confidence is flying high right now following the W against the Pens. He also has to eventually play his first home game, and the Thrashers are a little less threatening than someone like the Sens.

I think Price will also get a warm welcome in Montreal and that'll be something else that he can add to his confidence.

Despite Atlanta's position right now in the Standings, this is going to be a though game, any team with goal scorers like Kovalchuk and Hossa is a hard one. Hopefully we can see a high scoring game for us again tonight.

Guest habs_fan1160
i promise i knocked on wood!!! but i still like that word better than shootout

Lol, now you're going to have the weight of 25,000 Habs fans on your shoulders if Price doesn't get an "s" lol.

At least you knocked on wood. :)

Gorges is in for the injured Bouillon (DTD, Shoulder), playing with Streit, according to Habs I/O.

Dandenault will probably be kept up front.

I imagine Latendresse will still be up front with Mechanic and Kovalev however, we'll see.

EDIT

Lines look like this (again, Boone from Habs I/O):

Grabovski - Smolinski - Dandenault

Kostitsyn is a healthy scratch tonight. Probable lines look like this:

Ryder - Koivu - Higgins

Lats - Mechanic - Kovalev

Grabovski - Smolinski - Dandenault

Begin - Chipchura - Kostopoulous.

Komisarek - Markov

Brisebois - Hammer

Gorges - Striet

Price

Guest crazyhorse_9000
Carey price will get his first NHL Shutout today.

3-0 Canadiens

Goal scorers:

- Higgins

- Kostitsyn

- Koivu

GO HABS GO

I thought Kostitsyn was out?

For all you new members, please DON'T say the "s" word. It has been continuously proven to be jinxed. Players have been known to score just seconds after the "s" word is said. So once again please don't say it.

Archived