nhl_g_raycroft_195.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Live on:

RDS(HD)

CBC

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ENJOY

Guest Bolshevik

Wow... it looks like Huet's about to be knighted in that picture. Can't say he doesn't deserve it. ;)

Anyway, the Leafs just lost 3-2 to the Devils, so they'll be looking to rebound. Hope we can stay consistent throughout 60 like we did against the Flyers and pull out a win.

Let's go boys!

bananans3gu7.gif

Cant wait for this game to start... Win it Big guys!

GO HABS GO!

Don't see why not:

Montreal:[

- Coming off a 5-0-1 record is the last 6 games

- Rested

- At Home

Toronto:

- Coming off a record too horrible to show

- 2 games in 2 days

- On the road

I'd be surprised if we lost.

Guest HabsFanStuckInToronto!

Definately a division game that Montreal has to jump on and take even if it is not a blow out game (as much as I would like it to be).

Toronto just played tonight, lost 3-2 to New Jersey, and once again they had a late 3rd period collapse. There confidence is going to be low, Paul Marice will have no chacne to fix any problems and they will be tired from 2 games in 2 days. Best of all, they are coming to the ever loud Bell Centre for Part 2 of Montreal vs Toronto 2007-08.

The X-factor is most likely the goalie situation in Toronto. Huet will most likely be solid like he has been all year but Toronto's goalie is up in the air. Will it be Toskola, who lost tonight, or will they go back to Raycroft hoping he has one of his amazing games.

It is important Montreal comes out of the gate hard!

- Chip it in and work the weak/tired defense

- Use the speed to draw penalties and get that PowerPlay back to work

- Don't lean back, keep a solid effort all game.

Last point, KICK THE LEAFS *****!

Guest jennifer_rocket
Don't see why not:

- Rested

- At Home

Toronto:

- 2 games in 2 days

- On the road

Oh man, don't say that...

Guest MTL_HABS_24

Another 4-point game. We lost the last one, let's make sure to get on these guys early and pressure them into making mistakes or taking penalties. The Habs can only beat themselves in this situation since the Leafs are an inferior team to Montreal this season, however, as someone has already pointed out, hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work. If the Habs play with the intensity they showed against Philly, Toronto doesn't have a prayer.

Guest d80jcrant

Blake - Sundin - Ponikarovsky

Steen - Stajan - Tlusty

Kilger - Antropov - Deveraux

Gamache - Pohl - Belak

Kubina - White

Gill - Kaberle

Stralam - Wozniewski

????????

Habs should win this game

Guest habsfan_67

With Toronto's D play of late I would hope to see at least 5-1 habs. We did well against the Flyers, and they are no slouch. Keeping Sundin under control and limited will be a main issue, as like any good Captain he can spark that team. I bet ya this will be fire wagon hockey end to end, can't wait for the puck to drop in this game. AK 27 looks great, and Ryder should break out soon. Higgins is also moving the puck well and Roman is a nice fit on the blue line

Guest 77Bourque77
Don't see why not:

- Rested

- At Home

Toronto:

- 2 games in 2 days

- On the road

i wouldnt be surprised if we lost, for some reason the leafs play better against us then any other team.. it makes me sad:(

Guest HabsMan11

KEYS TO THE GAME:

-Physical Play; Imagine every guy out there is Briere :P

-Score Early and Often: Exploit the goalie {whoever it is} and the defense

-Contain TO Offense: They score a lot-as much as we hate them, its a fact. Contain the offense, Huet needs a big game, D needs to be solid

-PP: Use speed to draw penalties.

GO HABS GO

GO HABS GO

Don't see why not:

- Rested

- At Home

Toronto:

- 2 games in 2 days

- On the road

That's what worries me.

KEYS TO THE GAME:

-Physical Play; Imagine every guy out there is Briere :P

-Score Early and Often: Exploit the goalie {whoever it is} and the defense

-Contain TO Offense: They score a lot-as much as we hate them, its a fact. Contain the offense, Huet needs a big game, D needs to be solid

-PP: Use speed to draw penalties.

GO HABS GO

GO HABS GO

Hehehe, I think that's probably the best advice you can give the habs for today's game, the message needs to be passed on to the fans too, to boo all the leafs as if they are Briere. It'll take hard work and a full 60 minutes of perseverance but I have faith in the crowd.

GO HABS GO

Guest keithman

Montreal has to beat them to increase their lead in the standings over Toronto, take revenge on Toronto, and show the league that they don't stink against the Leafs

cause honestly, montreal has choked against the leafs the past 2 games...2 leads blown.

it's pathetic. habs have to take this one. Regulation win Habs.....you CAN do it.

Guest vegasrick
Wow... it looks like Huet's about to be knighted in that picture. Can't say he doesn't deserve it. ;)

Anyway, the Leafs just lost 3-2 to the Devils, so they'll be looking to rebound. Hope we can stay consistent throughout 60 like we did against the Flyers and pull out a win.

Let's go boys!

bananans3gu7.gif

All right.....the bananas are in town!

All the Habs have to do is play like they did vs. Philly, and it will be a cakewalk. But for some reason, the Montreal hockey franchise has had trouble consistently doing that for quite a few years now. Is this team different this season? Time will tell.

If stats mean anything, Toronto is THE MOST penalized team and Montreal is THE BEST power play team in the league at the moment. We also hold a share of the lead for shorthanded goals. Unfortunately, we are nowhere near the league lead on the penalty kill, and if history has taught us anything, we know there will be too many calls against the Habs whenever they play the Laffs.

I don't think whoever scores first is important.....I see the Habs getting a good lead at some point. The real question is, will they keep their foot on the gas again and go for the jugular against these bottom-dwellers, or will they lay back and let the stupid Loafs back in the game?

The Canadiens are surprising people this year. I just hope the Leafs leave our pond as surprised as the rest of the league.

Prediction:

If the Habs play a full sixty minutes......4-1 Montreal.

If the Habs let up after getting the lead......4-3 in overtime or shootout.....anyone's game.

If the Habs don't show up.....we lose, twenty of us get banned from the forum for a while.....you know how it is.

Guest d80jcrant

Here are some numbers pertaining to tonights game.

Habs Season Record is 7-2-3 With 17 Points; 3.50 GFPG and 2.67 GAPG

Habs Home Record is 3-1-2 With 8 Points; 3.17 GFPG and 2.17 GAPG

Habs NorthEast Record is 2-1-1 With 5 Points; 4.00 GFPG and 2.75 GAPG

Habs Leaf Record is 0-0-1 With 1 Point; 3 GFPG and 4 GAPG

Archived