The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Ryan White

Johnny_Storm

Guest overlords
He is on pace to score less points than last year but is leading his team.

Well that leads us to ask how his linemates are compared to last year... I've got faith in this guy.

Guest overlords
Somewhat of an unknown, or a prospect that few talk about that Ryan White. If he makes the team, it sure would shine some light on him. Good luck Ryan!

He's not very hyped, but he may turn into a diamond. He's had solid numbers in the past. I love how physical he plays. Can't wait to see him make that team :P.

Guest 1970 Habs
Somewhat of an unknown, or a prospect that few talk about that Ryan White. If he makes the team, it sure would shine some light on him. Good luck Ryan!

He's not very hyped, but he may turn into a diamond. He's had solid numbers in the past. I love how physical he plays. Can't wait to see him make that team :P.

The knock on Ryan White has been that he is lazy when it comes to off season conditioning.

Last season was his best year so far in Juniors and it was in part a direct result of committing to a good off season training program the summer before.

He is off to a bit of a slower start this year as last year he was consistently in the top five for points in the WHL. To be fair though the scoring is up in the WHL this year.

He still leads his team in points and with 15 goals to date it looks like he may score more than the 34 goals he did last year.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest devils_fury2
I am surprised Irving got cut.

The line up looks okay but I am not so sure Canada is going to bring home the gold medal this year.

I'm suprised White was cut.....he would have been perfect for Canada on the teams 3rd or 4th line, and a great energy player, plus a guy that could score the odd goal as well

Guest Oatmeal777
I'm suprised White was cut.....he would have been perfect for Canada on the teams 3rd or 4th line, and a great energy player, plus a guy that could score the odd goal as well

If everything said about him is true, he probably lacked a bit of motivation or was slightly out of shape when he showed up at camp. He's been in a bit of a rut so far back here in Canada (for him). I, like you, couldn't imagine him being cut because of a lack of talent.

• 1 month later...
Guest devils_fury2

I watched White play on Sunday night against Edmonton on SportsNet and even though I didn't think that he did anything big nor did his name get mentioned much through out the game he still managed to pick up a goal and an assist in the game.....During the game too the play by play announcers said that the reason White hasn't done as well as far as point production goes is because he wasn't playing with as good of linemates but that changed Sunday night as Brock Nixon who the Hitmen picked up in a trade with Kamloops at the trade deadline played on the same line with White and picked up 3 points in his Hitmen debut.......The play by play announcers also said to that when people talk have talked about the Hitmen this season its always been about their goaltending and about Karl Alzner but not many people mention Ryan Whites name, and the announcers wonder why because they figure that *he's a great player* and that *he doesn't get enough credit for what he's done for the team*

Guest 1970 Habs
I watched White play on Sunday night against Edmonton on SportsNet and even though I didn't think that he did anything big nor did his name get mentioned much through out the game he still managed to pick up a goal and an assist in the game.....During the game too the play by play announcers said that the reason White hasn't done as well as far as point production goes is because he wasn't playing with as good of linemates but that changed Sunday night as Brock Nixon who the Hitmen picked up in a trade with Kamloops at the trade deadline played on the same line with White and picked up 3 points in his Hitmen debut.......The play by play announcers also said to that when people talk have talked about the Hitmen this season its always been about their goaltending and about Karl Alzner but not many people mention Ryan Whites name, and the announcers wonder why because they figure that *he's a great player* and that *he doesn't get enough credit for what he's done for the team*

Great first hand info.

He needs to be signed by 1 June 2008 so he will definitely be in Hamilton next fall.

Thanks. :lol:

Guest devils_fury2
Great first hand info.

He needs to be signed by 1 June 2008 so he will definitely be in Hamilton next fall.

Thanks. :lol:

Lets hope he gets signed, the Bulldogs will probably need him especially if we cut Corey Locke loose after the season is over

Guest 1970 Habs
Lets hope he gets signed, the Bulldogs will probably need him especially if we cut Corey Locke loose after the season is over

Yeah I would be surprised to see Locke back in Hamilton.

But you never know.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anetéchrist

Wow ! I can't believe this guy doesn't get more attention.

He is having an excellent year with the Calgary Hitmen. As of now, he has 23 goals, 32 assists for 55 points in 50 games.

And on January 30th, he had a 5-pt game : 2g 3a plus a fight, his third of the year.

At 6-2 213 Ibs is a a very promising right-handed centerman. And he'll be 20 in march which means he'll be in Hamilton next year. I expect him to be the guy to look for in training camp.

As of now, he's second on my prospect development list behind only defenseman Yannick Weber.

1) Weber, D

2) White, C

3) Pacioretty, LW

4) Subban, D

5) Fortier, C

Guest 1970 Habs
Wow ! I can't believe this guy doesn't get more attention.

He is having an excellent year with the Calgary Hitmen. As of now, he has 23 goals, 32 assists for 55 points in 50 games.

And on January 30th, he had a 5-pt game : 2g 3a plus a fight, his third of the year.

At 6-2 213 Ibs is a a very promising right-handed centerman. And he'll be 20 in march which means he'll be in Hamilton next year. I expect him to be the guy to look for in training camp.

As of now, he's second on my prospect development list behind only defenseman Yannick Weber.

1) Weber, D

2) White, C

3) Pacioretty, LW

4) Subban, D

5) Fortier, C

Probably because he had a better season last year with 89 pts (35 goals, 55 assists) finishing 4th in WHL scoring only 4 pts behind the leader. This year he is nowhere near the top in the scoring race.

However he is still leading the team being #2 in point production and Calgary is one of the better teams this year in the WHL.

It will be interesting how they do in the playoffs this year.

Archived