The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Obsessive Habs Fans

mortwinkler

Guest habs_fan1160

I thought it'd be fun to see how many people out there have done some crazy things for the team or because of the team.

My bf and I are getting married on 11/11/2011 (11th month, 11th day becuase of Saku lol).

I have a cousin who got married on 10/10 (not sure the year) in salute to Guy Lafluer, he also had himself, his best man and ushers wearing Habs ties and #10 pins on their jackets.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest HabsfanfromtheROCK

When i was a kid... i took my MTL jersey and stuffed it with pillows and made it look like a real person :) I was also at a St johns maple leafs game a few years back and i wore my jersey. I went to the mascot and asked for an autograph..... he made me take off my jersey before i got an autograph :( in front of a LOT of people .

Have far Ive gone for the blue blanc rouge...

I have spend thousends of euro's to come over to Montreal to see the Habs.

I stay up at night (most games start at 01:00 am Dutch time) when the Habs are on live on tv, no matter if I have to get up early in the morning. And sometimes I even stay up just to listen to the game on the radio.

I demanded to practice in Habs gear (complete uniform), not in the uniform from the team I play for.

Some Leafs fan in my team did the same right after,.... he's gone now :P:lol: .

I have so many Habs related clothing, that I can dress in something different for over a month right now..... wich I do.

My girlfriend is pregnant, and my child will get a little jersey and ofcourse a bunch of Habs related clothing, toys and posters. Cant wait to bring the whole family to Montreal in the future :) .

Man... and can go on and on... I am just a huge fan.

Guest FlHabsFan

I stay up at night (most games start at 01:00 am Dutch time) when the Habs are on live on tv, no matter if I have to get up early in the morning. And sometimes I even stay up just to listen to the game on the radio.

I demanded to practice in Habs gear (complete uniform), not in the uniform from the team I play for.

I have so many Habs related clothing, that I can dress in something different for over a month right now..... wich I do.

My girlfriend is pregnant, and my child will get a little jersey and ofcourse a bunch of Habs related clothing, toys and posters. Cant wait to bring the whole family to Montreal in the future :) .

To put you over the top, what will your child be named? :D

If its a boy and you name him "Patrick Maurice (last name)" you could win!

To put you over the top, what will your child be named? :D

If its a boy and you name him "Patrick Maurice (last name)" you could win!

:lol: ... when its a boy you are close, and I am not kidding. He will sure get my middle name, and thats "Patrice"...

When its a boy, his full name will be: Jéan (in Beliveau) Patrice (my middle name, but you can ofcourse relate it to Brisebois) Guillaume (we just like the name, but I must say that Lats was the reason that my girlfriend and I started to like it). And maybe, but I am still talking about it with my girl, I will insert Maurice aswell, or replace Jéan with Maurice. The only thing is, my girl doesnt like the name Maurice very much.

I will let you guys know in the near future what the definate choice will be ;)

Guest Cenner Hice

:o

I read points one and two and thought 'yup, that's me' - though I try to go to out-of-town games and at least one per season (two in February in NY and about to go to the two in Fla after Christmas - and I spend £££s from the UK rather than €€€s from Holland)

Congratulations on impending fatherhood and big respect on the names (I tried Guy for our son with my wife. She liked the name but used to know a guy called Guy - so didn't go for it as he was a bit of a drip. Instead our son got a name from Habs ancient history... (Vezina lives on without the s in Georges - Richard was a close run second))

But where do you get all the stuff from. Can't find much in London... All the boy has is a onesie, a bib and some booties.

Guest Cenner Hice
Best place might be Ebay. I know its the only way I can get Habs stuff down here in Florida.

I do get some off eBay (but the site keeps getting blocked by work. :rolleyes:)

And if you're at the games next week, my son will be wearing some of the stuff I bought through eBay recently. His first trip in an aeroplane and second trip overseas (the first was by train to France to meet his aunt & cousins).

[i'll be in section 118 in Tampa and section 119 in Florida]

Guest FlHabsFan

Oh yeah. I try to never miss a Habs game here. Im up in the 3rd level, section 330. The lower level has some good seats. I was behind the net, and 6 rows up for the Flames game last week. I took the 3rd level, center ice so I could snap some pics of the game.

Hopefully, they stay at the hotel around the corner. If so, you could try to get autographs before or after their morning skate or when they walk over before the game. Last year their game was around the same time as a football game, and they were somewhere across town and were bussed in. Ill be down there from like 930 am till the games over. And you can stand by the glass for the warmups, which is fun. Got a puck last year from a shot that went into the net. But ill be autograph hunting again.

Ill be the guy wearing the Home Habs Huet jersey. Camera in one hand and dufflebag full of stuff to be autographed (couple pics I took, pucks and a replica goalie stick I got at the HHoF)

Guest Cenner Hice
Oh yeah. I try to never miss a Habs game here. Im up in the 3rd level, section 330. The lower level has some good seats. I was behind the net, and 6 rows up for the Flames game last week. I took the 3rd level, center ice so I could snap some pics of the game.

Hopefully, they stay at the hotel around the corner. If so, you could try to get autographs before or after their morning skate or when they walk over before the game. Last year their game was around the same time as a football game, and they were somewhere across town and were bussed in. Ill be down there from like 930 am till the games over. And you can stand by the glass for the warmups, which is fun. Got a puck last year from a shot that went into the net. But ill be autograph hunting again.

Ill be the guy wearing the Home Habs Huet jersey. Camera in one hand and dufflebag full of stuff to be autographed (couple pics I took, pucks and a replica goalie stick I got at the HHoF)

If you mean the Embassy Suites just over the road from the St Petes Times Forum, most excellent as that's where I'm staying, too. Oh joy.

...and I'll have my Doug Harvey top on (as ever), a canon SLR and might be with a very small baby (who will be wearing Habs booties).

See you there, then... :D

Guest FlHabsFan

The guys, if they stay nearby, would most likely be in the marriott right across the street.

Oh and with the slr, if it has a detachable lens they wont let you bring it in. Found that out the hard way a couple years ago. I usually try once a year a year to get mine in, and they just shake their head at me. You can bring a little digital camera, or one where the lens is part of the camera. But if it detaches, they wont let you in with it.

Guest Cenner Hice
The guys, if they stay nearby, would most likely be in the marriott right across the street.

Oh and with the slr, if it has a detachable lens they wont let you bring it in. Found that out the hard way a couple years ago. I usually try once a year a year to get mine in, and they just shake their head at me. You can bring a little digital camera, or one where the lens is part of the camera. But if it detaches, they wont let you in with it.

Thank you for the heads-up. :(

I guess I'll take the two compacts, then. :rolleyes:

There are a bunch of internet stores where I get my stuff, a good one is rivercitysports.

and thank you, too. :D

Guest FlHabsFan

Hopefully they stay in a local hotel, and you can get some good pics and autographs while here. Ill probably be in the area around 10ish, hoping to catch them.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest habsfan7344

I TALK ABOUT THE HABS SOO MUCH!! that my friends ingnore me and i have hab friends on msn who ignore sometimes my parents think i have gone psycho and i spend like all my money on the habs my friends know what i am going to talk about(hockey) even my parents and the first thingi say when i meet someone is do you like hockey i love tha habs!! I CAN TALK ABOUT MONTREAL ALL DAYYY!!! WHOEVER LOVES MONTREAL ON MSN ADD:

horses_118@hotmail.com !!!!!lol its old!!

Archived