Canadiens de Montreal

Ottawa @ Montreal | Nov. 19 2007 | Final: 4-2 Ottawa

bailey1

Guest Greek Hab

n505542049_469744_5118.jpg

Apart of History

LARRY ROBINSON

GP(1202) G(197) A(686) Pts(883)

Nicknamed "Big Bird" for his height (6'4", and 225 pounds) and his resemblance to Sesame Street's Big Bird which is due to his blond hair and size , Robinson was a big and strong defenceman yet highly mobile. He played 17 seasons for the Montreal Canadiens and another three seasons for the Los Angeles Kings, until his retirement after the 1992 season. Larry ranks 4th, for all time assists with the Canadiens, and holds the most records by a defenceman with the Bleu-Blanc-Rouge. Twice he won the James Norris Memorial Trophy as the league's most outstanding defenceman and won the Conn Smythe Trophy as the most valuable player of the 1978 playoffs. Robinson was a dominant player whose talent and leadership helped lead the Canadiens to six Stanley Cups. - Wikipedia

Date: (Monday) November 19, 2007.

Ceremony: 6:30 PM/ET

Game Time: 7:30 PM/ET

php61Zmrd.jpgVs.phpcPfbw0.jpg

__________________(15-3-0)_____________________________________________(11-5-3)

Listen to the game from here;__gameradio_logo_new.gif

Watch the game from here;__rds%20logo.gif

n516132032_366313_4762.jpg

Point Leaders

#27 Alex KOVALEV________GP(19) G(10) A(7) +/- (+1)

#11 Saku KOIVU___________GP(19) G(5) A(12) +/- (+1)

#79 Andrei MARKOV_______GP(19) G(6) A(11) +/-(0)

#14 Thomas PLEKANEC____GP(19) G(5) A(11) +/- (-2)

#21 Christopher HIGGINS___GP(19) G(6) A(5) +/- (-2)

...Habs' stats continue.

#11 Daniel ALFREDSSON___GP(18) G(15) A(10) +/- (+9)

#15 Dany HEATLEY_______GP(18) G(8) A(13) +/- (+11)

#12 Mike FISHER__________GP(18) G(5) A(10) +/- (+5)

...Sens' stats continue.

Projected Goalies

jk07%201117%20habs%20bruins%20511.preview.jpg

#39 Cristobal HUET__GP(12) W(6) L(4) OTL(3) Avg.(2.23) SV%(.925)

capt.49ae61d0079e4eed976e3de72ffefb94.senators_maple_leafs_hockey_fng105.jpg

#29 Martin GERBER__GP(14) W(12) L(2) OTL(0) Avg.(1.84) SV%(.939)

Bonne Match Les Boys!!!

Congratulations Larry # 19!!!

Guest Oatmeal777

Is this where the game threads are going now?

Either way, good job.

If the past two games against them are any indication of the way we'll play tomorrow, I think it's safe to say we'll come out with a win.

Is this where the game threads are going now?

Either way, good job.

If the past two games against them are any indication of the way we'll play tomorrow, I think it's safe to say we'll come out with a win.

There is NO safe win against ottawa or when the habs are playing...its like a roller coaster.

As for the game, if we play VERY hard we can pull out a win hopefully. and play for 60 minutes. and shut down alfredson, spezza, and heatley.

Guest hatethoseleafs
best of luck habs the sens will be playing to avoid a 2game losing streak after being shutout by toskala so expect them to be on their A game

Guess we could say the same about the Bruins who should be in a nasty mood in their next game VS Leafs after the spanking we just gave them. ;)

Guest HabsFanStuckInToronto!

Ottawa is either going to come out flat after a terrible performance against Toronto or they are going to come out flying. Either way, weather the storm if their is one and then SCORE SCORE SCORE! No lead is safe with the Sens so no backing down.

We have hanged with them the 2 games this season and it is time for us to get the win!

PS. I went to the Habs/Bruins game and I can safely say, I will never be to another game like that in my lifetime. It was my first Montreal home game and with 7 goals, back and forth - end to end, so many chances, a chance to see Price, the PP clicking, shorthanded goal and 5 on 5 goals, with some tension and emotions on the benches, spilling onto the ice with the fights and hits. OMG WHAT AN AMAZING GAME!

Guest mtl1010

we have to play good defence and good offence, if we play the way we did against boston, it's not going to be pretty, ottawa has a much better offensive team than boston and are also better defensivly. we don't have to score alot but we have to keep pressure on them in their zone then the goals will start coming

Guest Oatmeal777

Ottawa is nowhere near the top of the league in scoring you know. It seems like all you have to do is shutdown Alfreddson and Heatley and you've beheaded their offense. What we need to do is find out how to penetrate their zone quickly and efficiently enough to do a little more than hand the puck over so they can clear it out. This would be a good chance for Grabovski if he can avoid being crushed by Volchenkov.

Guest mtl1010
Ottawa is nowhere near the top of the league in scoring you know. It seems like all you have to do is shutdown Alfreddson and Heatley and you've beheaded their offense. What we need to do is find out how to penetrate their zone quickly and efficiently enough to do a little more than hand the puck over so they can clear it out. This would be a good chance for Grabovski if he can avoid being crushed by Volchenkov.

they may not be near the top of the league in scoring but if you don't pressure them then they counter-attack fast and can score on the rush which is where they are really dangerous

Guest mtl1010

i just realized something: every time we play the sens, they are coming off a lost.

Thu Oct 11, 2007 Hurricanes5 Senators3 Thu Oct 18, 2007 Canadiens3 Senators4

Thu Nov 8, 2007 Capitals4 Senators1 Sat Nov 10, 2007 Canadiens1 Senators3

Sat Nov 17, 2007 Maple Leafs3 Senators0 Mon Nov 17, 2007 Canadiens?? Senators??

Good thing or Bad thing?

Guest d80jcrant
i just realized something: every time we play the sens, they are coming off a lost.

Good thing or Bad thing?

I say that is a bad thing

Guest JIMVINNY

Good thing or Bad thing?

Definitely bad thing. Every team plays better coming off a loss. Ottawa is no exception, only their reply tends to be a little more forceful than some teams.

Guest hatethoseleafs

Good thing or Bad thing?

All streaks come to an end. We will be the first team this year to hand the Sens their 2nd consecutive loss. I say 3rd try is a charm. ;)

Habs take it 3-1

Ryder(4) (Markov and Koivu)(powerplay)

Kostitsyn(4) (Kovalev and Plekanec)

Ryder(5) (Streit and Markov)(powerplay)

after this game and every game I plan on writing a little blog about the nights events, so look out for it. ^_^

Guest chromedome

In reading some of the comments following the last game against the Bruins ,it occurred to me that it might not be all that wrong to point out to some of the guys who were all hyped about Price and saying that he should be in against the Sens. that after all,if you really think about it ,are you so sure you're satisfied with having to score more than 4 goals to win the game?I'm not trying to tear Price apart but,at the same time I don't agree with the thoughts of some of the people who claimed that The Habs seem to play with and/or show more confidence in front of him as opposed to playing in front of Huet.I think they're both pretty darn good in spite of the dratted butterfly style .but they are not impregnable!They need ,as all goalie do,to get some help from their team-mates on the ice.When they get adequate support they are both darn tough to beat !To me ,it matters not which one Carbo chooses.........just help him out and score a few goals for him .Let's go boys ! make Larry's night extra special!!!

Guest WindsorHab#10

Big night at the Bell Center tomorrow with #19 getting a much deserved recognition for all that he accomplished as a proud member of the Canadiens. Would be great if the Guys can come out and smoke the Sens. We can do it if we stick to the game plan. GO HABS!!!!!!!!!!

Guest overlords

Very smooth putting in that pic of kosto in there greek hab :P. Very surprised you didn't list him as our SHG leader under the team leaders part. Oh well... GO KOSTO, GO KOSTY

Guest Blockoman

After we thrashed the Bruins last night, we should have some momtentum going into tomorrow's game. However, this is the Habs we're talking about. Which team will show up: quick and forceful, or slow and sloppy?

Here's to me hoping the former!

GO HABS GO!!!

Guest hatethoseleafs
so who will it be on Monday, Price or Huet ??

Carbo's been alternating last few games. I expect he'll continue till the end of the week with the back to backs VS Sabres.

Archived