The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Montreal @ New York Islanders | Nov. 21 2007 | Final: 4-1 Habs

CoopII

Canadiens vs. Islanders

Wednesday November 21st, 2007

Team Records:

Montreal Canadiens (11-6-3) - 25 points

Last Three Games: Loss (4-2 vs. Ottawa), Win (7-4 vs. Boston), Loss (4-1 vs. Buffalo)

Montreal have won two of their last five games, and is fourth place in the Eastern division.

Montreal is first the league with a 29.2% powerplay.

Montreal is 17th in the league with a 81.6% penalty kill.

New York Islanders (11-6-0) - 22 points

Last Three Games: Win (2-1 vs. NY Rangers), Win (1-0 vs. NJ Devils), Loss (3-2 vs. Pittburgh Penguins)

The New York Islanders have won three of their last five games, and is sixth in the Eastern division.

The Islanders are 11th in the league with a 20.6% powerplay.

The Islanders are 6th in the league with a 86.5% penalty kill.

Team Point Leaders:

Montreal Canadiens:

Alexei Kovalev - 10 goals, 8 assists - 18 points

Saku Koivu - 5 goals, 13 assists - 18 points

Andrei Markov - 6 goals, 11 assists - 17 points

Thomas Plekanec - 5 goals, 11 assists - 16 points

New York Islanders:

Mike Comrie - 6 goals, 11 assists - 17 points

Ruslan Fedotenko - 6 goals, 6 assists - 12 points

Miro Satan - 5 goals, 7 assists - 12 points

Josef Vasicek - 8 goals, 3 assists - 11 points

Game Preview: http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&am...&gameType=2

This game can be seen/listened on:

RDS

FSN-NY2

CJAD 800

Lets have a great game boys and put the last few defeats behind us!

GO HABS GO!

Guest Habs_Mania

Not sure about tonite's game. The Isles are a very unpredicatable team. Night in and night out you don't know whether they're going win by a goal, blowout the other team or get trounced no matter who they play against. I don't like that this game is being played in the Nassau Coliseum which is a funeral parlour of a building, quiet as one too. The only thing I'm sure about of this game is that Huet WILL give this team a good chance to win. So SCORE SCORE SCORE!

I really cant predict how this game will go, against the Isles it can go either way. So far this season they played some strong games but also very weak ones. I think its all up to us, and on how we will come out of the gates. Full 60 min hockey and pressure will be as always the recepy.

GO HABS GO!!!

Guest FlHabsFan

The game is going to have to be won with the 5v5 going by the stats listed. We might be first with pp goals, but 6th in penalty killing is pretty darn good too.

Defense has to step up and make sure we dont see a repeat of saturday where the other teams forwards were able to just sit and wait in the goalies blind area for quick shot scores. We have to disrupt those easy passes and keep the crease clear. Get more physical. Like someone said in the other thread, get a penalty or 2 if we have to, to make sure the other team knows they wont be able to park themselves there all night.

Guest FREDDYBEACH HAB
The game is going to have to be won with the 5v5 going by the stats listed. We might be first with pp goals, but 6th in penalty killing is pretty darn good too.

Defense has to step up and make sure we dont see a repeat of saturday where the other teams forwards were able to just sit and wait in the goalies blind area for quick shot scores. We have to disrupt those easy passes and keep the crease clear. Get more physical. Like someone said in the other thread, get a penalty or 2 if we have to, to make sure the other team knows they wont be able to park themselves there all night.

I saw a blurb on Sportsnet last night with Carbo, and he spoke of yesterdays practice which was mainly on defense. He mentioned that the past few practices the emphasis wasn't on defense and he saw a few things that he didn't like and wanted to focus on those things.

In the same blurb Komisarek said that you can't have just a few playing defense and the rest not. So, with that in mind, I would expect to see a very defensive and responsible game tonight.

GO HABS GO

Guest Tamara84
jai pas un bon feeling.

am i the only one who doesnt have a good feeling about this one?

I have a bad feeling about this one also. Hopefully they will come out strong and win this one and our feelings will be wrong.

Guest 77Bourque77
jai pas un bon feeling.

am i the only one who doesnt have a good feeling about this one?

yah im not feeling to good about this one too, the leafs and the habs are in the same boat right now, very unconsistent. we blow out the bruins then dont show up against the ottawa. the leafs played great against ottawa, but last night they blew their 2-0 lead and lost 2-3. we need every player to play hard, fast and smart hockey. we can not just let guys roam free around the front of the net (heatly,neil,kelly,wellwood) those guys should be covered. i wont be watching the game tonight cuz i have to work but my record is still 3-1 when i have to work, so hopefully they can come out and play a full 60 minutes of hockey and win.

Guest CanadianMike
I wanted to see price play. I guess that means Price plays friday and next tuesday against the leafs :)

yeah probably. I want to see Price get more starts too, but Huet is still #1 (for now) and I still think he is a big part of this team.

(can't believe all the negative Huet stuff I have been reading/hearing) :blink::rolleyes:

According to cbs sportsline - Carey Price is expected to make the start against the Isles today.

I hope so!! I'm a habs fan from NY so I would def want to catch that on TV!

It's probably wrong though - cbs sportsline information (esp with fantasy) is always off..

http://www.sportsline.com/nhl/players/playerpage/565838

What channel in NY will broadcast the game? I can only see it on Center Ice. Both Fox Sport and MSG show other events.

Guest FREDDYBEACH HAB
What channel in NY will broadcast the game? I can only see it on Center Ice. Both Fox Sport and MSG show other events.

According to nhl.com

FSN-NY2 will be have the game tonight.

From tsn ice chips.

With 3 games in 4 days coming up, head coach Guy Carbonneau plans to split his goaltending duties. Cristobal Huet will get the start Wednesday against the Islanders and Saturday against the Sabres. Rookie Carey Price will start Friday against Buffalo and likely next Tuesday against the Maple Leafs. - TSN/RDS

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10460&hubname=

According to nhl.com

FSN-NY2 will be have the game tonight.

The TV guide shows Knicks on MSG, Devils on FSNY, Rangers on NYa. The only channel is showing the Islanders game is CSN+ and this channel is not available in my area.

Guest FREDDYBEACH HAB
The TV guide shows Knicks on MSG, Devils on FSNY, Rangers on NYa. The only channel is showing the Islanders game is CSN+ and this channel is not available in my area.

Well that's just terrible. Although I thought rds.ca carried the games on the net. Is this not true?

Well that's just terrible. Although I thought rds.ca carried the games on the net. Is this not true?

Never watched the games on the net, wouldn't know. I just called my dish provider and they confirmed that the game is not on any local TV channels. That sucks. TG I have the Center Ice, I can tape the game but only watch it on Sunday.

Hah that sucks, why can u only watch it on sunday?

Never watched the games on the net, wouldn't know. I just called my dish provider and they confirmed that the game is not on any local TV channels. That sucks. TG I have the Center Ice, I can tape the game but only watch it on Sunday.

Guest habsfan_10

Hope Huet starts !! he always plays great after a lost. by BTW those saying bad stuff about Huet dont know what they talking about he is the #1 goalie and price is a very good #2 we will tonight 3-1 lets go boys!!!!!! gooooooooo HABS gooooooooooo

ps; thanks boston for beatin those leafs and bring them back to earth hehehhe

Archived