The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Your First Game Experiences At The Bell Centre

natey2k4

Guest natey2k4

** PS, before you lock.. the thread does have a valid question.

What are you're first game experiences from your first game at the Bell Centre?

---

I'm so excited. I've been to two games at the Forum, I've been too a bunch of games in Ottawa involving the Habs. I've been to numeours other NHL games (Detroit/Phoenix, Detroit/Edmonton, Chicago/Ottawa, etc)..

But my first game at the Bell Centre.. I'm PUMPED!

AND... AND...

ITS AGAINST THE LEAFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought them off Stubhub, overface value I think, but I don't even care. $198 USD for two tickets in the 406 Level... I don't care if I overpaid by $100 ... It's the friggin' LEAFS AGAINST THE HABS!

GO HABS GO!

// excitement. Sorry, haha. :)

Guest TORHABSFAN
** PS, before you lock.. the thread does have a valid question.

What are you're first game experiences from your first game at the Bell Centre?

---

I'm so excited. I've been to two games at the Forum, I've been too a bunch of games in Ottawa involving the Habs. I've been to numeours other NHL games (Detroit/Phoenix, Detroit/Edmonton, Chicago/Ottawa, etc)..

But my first game at the Bell Centre.. I'm PUMPED!

AND... AND...

ITS AGAINST THE LEAFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought them off Stubhub, overface value I think, but I don't even care. $198 USD for two tickets in the 406 Level... I don't care if I overpaid by $100 ... It's the friggin' LEAFS AGAINST THE HABS!

GO HABS GO!

// excitement. Sorry, haha. :)

You over paid by more than $100. but it is orth it.. I have said it many many times and I will say it again..

There is nothing in this world better than a Game at the Bell Centre between the Habs and Leafs.. There is no atompshere anywhere that can compare. (except winning a cup ofcorse)

What to expect? Noise and lots of it.. These fans are loaud and they start well before Puck drop.. Expect to hear GO Habs Go alot, than some Go Leafs Go and then something that sounds like Go Labs Go or Go Heafs Go??... Expect to Hear Leafs Suck a lot. 67.. Expect to Hear OLE OLE OLE OLE.. Expect to hear nah nah nah nah Hey Hey Hey Goodbye as the game winds down and we win..

Expect some crazy colourful fans from both sides.. Expect to see a Great Grade A opening cerimoney and video presentation on the ice as the Bell Centre does it right as always..

Expect to have the most fun you have ever had.. This play is nuts.. I always leave with a massive headache but a even bigger smile..

And most of all expect the Habs to win!!!

As for my first experiance at the Bell Centre it was a Loss at the Hands to the Leafs.. Actauly I had several losses before my first win.. But When I saw my first bell Centre win on March 23, 2006 man it doesn't get much better than taht.. Oh wait it does I was there again 2 nioghts later as the Habs again beat the Leafs on March 25th!! 5-1 and 6-2 and Kovy with a huge elbow on Tucker!!!!

Gotta Love it!

Guest natey2k4

I figured out the tickets cost about $35-40 (after tax). Plus you add about a $15 service charge per ticket, and you're spending about $100-$115 anyway.

So to overpay about $75-$100 for a Leafs/Habs game (when there are no tickets available).. I'm not worried one bit.

Next up: A Patrice Brisebois #71 jersey! WOOT!

Guest ontario_habs_fan

Last year i went to my first ever game Period. It was the game Colorado came to Montreal. Needless to say everyone remembers that one. Montreal down 3 to 0 in the first. Coming back and taking the lead as Rivet steps out of the penalty box and gets a pass from Koivu and beats Theodore. (I can still picture that goal in my head). Montreal ened up winning 8 to 5. It made the 7 hour drive well worth it.

Now on the opposite side of things i also went to the game Nov. 3 against the leafs. I also over paid for the tickets off of stubhub. The atmoshepe before the game outside the building was just amazing. The problem being the habs lost the game. It has left a very bitter taste in my mouth. You sure feel bad about spending the type of money you have to pay to see a game. The plan the people i went with and i had was to go to a game every fall is in jeperdy now as none of us can imagine spending the money again and driving seven hours again when you can feel so horrible after the game.

I guess that is the joy of sports. The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat!!!

Enjoy the Game!!

Guest Miltie01

My first game was at the Forum, Leafs and Habs !!!

It was in 1987, went with a few bus loads of Leafs fans from Ottawa....I was the only Habs fan !!!

At the end of the first period Leafs were winning 3-1, everyone around me was pointing and laughing at me in my Habs jersey.

Shortly after the second began, Kordic and Clarke had a fight !!! This charged the Habs up, we won the game 9-3 !!!!

By the end of the game I was the only one in our section on his feet and having a good time !!! The Leaf fans hated me !!!!

Guest lfrommtl

when we played pittsburgh and jagr was on the team.

its a blur i think i was like 6.

all i remeber was brian savage scored two goals and that i was sitting like center ice reds.

but i still remember my first habs vs leafs game.

we lost in o.t. but it was still amazing. i sat next to this couple in their 50's the husband a leaf fan the wife a habs fan. whenever the guy would wallk in his wife would boo him and the section joined in too funny.

198 sounds about right.

but if you wouldve tried ebay you may have got greys for that price

406 those are near the molson ex zone.

yeah it'll be loud. very loud.

boo any blue you see

My first game was at the Forum, Leafs and Habs !!!

It was in 1987, went with a few bus loads of Leafs fans from Ottawa....I was the only Habs fan !!!

At the end of the first period Leafs were winning 3-1, everyone around me was pointing and laughing at me in my Habs jersey.

Shortly after the second began, Kordic and Clarke had a fight !!! This charged the Habs up, we won the game 9-3 !!!!

By the end of the game I was the only one in our section on his feet and having a good time !!! The Leaf fans hated me !!!!

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner! :lol: wow, this must have been soooooooo special!

Personnally, I have been to the forum too many times in the 70's and 80's to point out one thing in particular. Oddly enough, my first time at the Bell to see the Habs was the last game of the season last year, Koivu split a sea of Bruins to score a beauty right in front of my nose. I wanted my daughters to know the feeling of a live game but I got caught in my own web, I'm going to see 8 games this season :D

Guest 77Bourque77

my first game was this year vs the Sabres on Oct.20th

i was sitting in the whites for the first but my uncle surprised,

moved up to the section 103 row F, pretty much 7 rows up from the ice

almost right beside the habs bench....

best game i have ever seen, best atmoshphere, awsome to here the crowd,

even when someone scored, i think chips got his first(i could be wrong) but the

whole crowd said his name, it was amazing!!!

enjoy the game man, you will not be dissapointed

Guest ChitownHabby

Mario Lemieux is my favorite player ever, even though I am a diehard habs fan, I have to say my greatest live hockey game memory is watching Mario Lemieux score four 3rd period goals vs the habs, from the reds. Rarely do your hockey heroes exceed your expectations but he did and it was the greatest thing I've ever seen in sports.

Guest TORHABSFAN
Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner! :lol: wow, this must have been soooooooo special!

Personnally, I have been to the forum too many times in the 70's and 80's to point out one thing in particular. Oddly enough, my first time at the Bell to see the Habs was the last game of the season last year, Koivu split a sea of Bruins to score a beauty right in front of my nose. I wanted my daughters to know the feeling of a live game but I got caught in my own web, I'm going to see 8 games this season :D

His was good but I like mine a tad better.. I thought we where talking Bell Centre so.. My first time at the Forum was..

Game 2 1993 Cup Finals McSorly Illegal stick.. Habw wins 3-2 in OT Dejardens hat trick!

Guest Firestar

The first game I went to see was in 2005/06 in the play off against the hurricanes, the first game at the bell centre and the habs were coming leading the series 2-0. For a first game it was amazing, wow, even if we lost it was one hell of an experience..

Second game against the devils, lost 3-0, wasn't a great experience.

and my third game will be the 08 december againt hurricanes, and I have a feeling I will finally witness a win and hopefully kovy can do his PP move and score because I'll be at the perfect spot to see that ! :P

Guest Garthy18

Went to Leafs game at Bell Centre March last year when we won on shootout and Halak played. It was absolutely brilliant, loved every second of it, I sat in the Molson Ex zone 3 rows from front of whites and the atmosphere was awesome. I probs had too much to drink as Molson Ex is nice as it were the night before watching Penguins game but hey you'll love it.

You went to the Forum, now thats lucky, I never did and boy do I wish I had.

Look out for the nice lady who does the games, talking on microphone (also the Habs TV stuff) I like her, she makes a few appearances.

Go to Youppiville, I'm 30 but have my photo with youppi framed above my pc.

Guest KomisarekGurl8

I cannot remember my first game at the Forum / Molson Center / Bell Center..... been to so many..... within all the different arenas and name....

My first ever Habs game was at the Forum and it was against the Hartford Whalers..... when the teams benches used to be facing each other.....

My most memorable game at the Forum was the famous 11-1 game against Detroit, Patrick Roy's last game with the Habs....

My only game at the Bell Center (with that name) was this past Christmas (2006) against the Flyers !!!!!!

wow , miltie i thought you had the winner too, that 9-3 game must have been amazing, but TORHABSFAN has to have it, thats a classic game in franchise history, desjardins hat trick, i remember it so well as a kid watching at home going nuts.

my first leafs habs game was a gem, i saw it at the gardens in toronto and Roy shut them out 3-0. he was my hero and that was the absolute best thing that i could have seen, i remember him robbing gilmour in the slot in the 3rd period really clearly....

my first bell centre game was amazingly also leafs habs, and we dumped them 5-1 which was awesome as well....that habs edition was a little crappy, andy moog was in net hahahaha.....but the atmosphere made a mockery of toronto, what an amazing place to watch a game, absolutely loved it.

as i write this its habs leafs tonight at the ACC and i just got invited to go, like as im typing this. this is borderline creepy. going to the ACC tonight baby!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!! :D :D

i guess ill have one more post for this thread tomorrow!

My first game was past season, march 17 at the Bell against the Leafs... man the place was rocking, I will never forgett it, it was just awesome. We won the game 3-2 in a shootout.

This game was the first of my three game trip + one Bulldogs game, and coming over from the Netherlands, I was so happy I did not see the Habs loose, they also won against the Bruins and the Caps, only the Dogs lost their game.

Overall it was such a great experiance, and I will sure come back again for more!

Guest Garthy18
My first game was past season, march 17 at the Bell against the Leafs... man the place was rocking, I will never forgett it, it was just awesome. We won the game 3-2 in a shootout.

This game was the first of my three game trip + one Bulldogs game, and coming over from the Netherlands, I was so happy I did not see the Habs loose, they also won against the Bruins and the Caps, only the Dogs lost their game.

Overall it was such a great experiance, and I will sure come back again for more!

I did the same trip but missed the bulldogs and caps games. The Bulldogs game I completely did not know about and got too into St Patricks day, ahh the Molson Ex kept me happy. Montreal really made a great impression on me as a city and it fulfilled a dream I had since being at school many moons ago when for some bizarre reason I loved the habs. Will take my kids one day.

Guest overlords

Last road game of last year against the Rangers. It was brutal up there in the stands. The habs pretty much failed us all as fans that game. There were a few fights between us and the others but in the end i guess it was an alright experience.

Guest jennifer_rocket

1st Bell Centre experience!

This season, second home game.

We led the whole game 1-0, and then lost in the shoot-out to Florida. I purchased 3 $10 beers, and 1 $4 hot dog. The hot dog was ridiculous. Talk about the cheapest hot dog products of all time. It was super fun though. Even losing was okay!

Guest Mickey12

My first habs game was when I was young..but I am going again this Saturday and I was wondering if anyone knew who close Section 118 row V is from the ice?? Can anyone Help?

Guest habsfan7344

i planed it all on a friday night after school when i told my dad HEY aren't we supposed to go to a hab game this weekend and he said ohh yeah so he went on the computer and looked for a car he can use soo he found one and we got to get a hotel next so all my dad did was wright the number of the hotel and he went to pick up the car!! and i live in keswick so it takes about 7 hours to get there so i left 6:00am and we stoped at every pit stop. the game started at 7:00pm soo then when we stoped at timhortons my dad called the hotel and booked it and my brother won a free cofee!!LOL!! So when we got to montreal i was soo happy it was like 6:00pm. Then i asked my dad if me and my brother can have jersey's my dad said ok so we went in the tore and i saw this ryder game worn jersey and i just died i had to have it but i think it was about 300$ then my dad said no way soo i was still lookin and i found a no name jersey that was 119$cause my dad said what if the player left yah kno and i was like yeah soo we bought it! then it was ticket time my dad looked every where soo he bought red seats for the top for 100$$$!!!!so i was like yeah!! that day was march 24 2007 against washington!!! We won 4-1!! kovalev scored 2 goals and pleks scored 1 goal and ryder scored the other it was awsome and soo loud it was the best thing ever in my life i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and by the way the fans are soo nice and they always smile at another hab not a leaf!!i took a lot of pictures man i can't wait until i go again this year!!!

Archived