The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Nashville @ Montreal | Dec. 1 2007 | Final: 5-4 Nashville (S/O)

jl-1

Guest jennifer_rocket
It looks like Carbonneau took the only three guys on the team who have been consistently scoring and put them all on the same line.

And that is the most sensible thing! :D

Guest d80jcrant

A couple of more goals and then switch over to team defence.....A four goal lead should be good to sit on, We have to save some fire power for Monday, LOL

Guest jennifer_rocket
Cool, A huge storm is going to hit here soon in Kanata...Possibley over 30 cm of sno, I can't wait, LOL

That means it can't be very many hours from Montreal!

YAY! Snowstorm! :)

Guest habfreak
It looks like Carbonneau took the only three guys on the team who have been consistently scoring and put them all on the same line.

Saku has 20 points, and was having an allstar season before Carbo started messing with the lines. just like last year, Carbo is fixing waht aint broke....look at Markov and Komi...they look like Mccabe and Kabarle wothout each other!

Guest Greywolf
not true Komi did punch someone in the face! RDS even showed it :lol:

as for the lines the top line I can understand and I can understand putting Ryder on the 2nd line. I am positive at the end of the period Koivu was centering the 2nd line and Grabovsky the 3rd which makes alot more sense,

I don't know... I love Koivu and no one has a bigger heart but lately it seems like he can't make a pass, or hang on to the puck.. generally not generating any offense. Maybe some time on the third line will be helpfull....

Guest Habs_Mania
listening to radek makes me miss him even more

mike johnson too. i really wish we still had the bonk/johnson checking line as it was quite consistent all lst year. oh well what can ya do.

Guest d80jcrant
Is it now:

Higgins - Pleks - Kovy

Kostitsyn - Koivu - Ryder

Streit - Grabs - Smokes

Lats - Dandenault - Chips

Anybody????

Those top two lines should stay exactly as is

Guest concreteveins
mike johnson too. i really wish we still had the bonk/johnson checking line as it was quite consistent all lst year. oh well what can ya do.

Totally agree.

Guest den0923
Is it now:

Higgins - Pleks - Kovy

Streit - Grabs - Smokes

Anybody????

I'm not sure but the lines got juggled and the end of the peroid cus carbo put ryder with koivu and higgy on th pp and also kosti plek and kovi. So he had to put out guys that were fresh

haha...Carbo looks like a genius now but the truth is those lines look like he picked random names out of a hat! anyone happy with the 2-0 line is probably not watching the game. None of the lines have any chemistry except plek and kovy's. and I don't even know why Markov and Komisarek had to be seperated on Defence and they both seem lost and making uncharactaristic mistakes. I dont think Komi even had one hit in that period.

Funny, I think that the lines look surprisingly good tonight, and guess what? I'm watching the game! :blink:

Guest Greywolf
Saku has 20 points, and was having an allstar season before Carbo started messing with the lines. just like last year, Carbo is fixing waht aint broke....look at Markov and Komi...they look like Mccabe and Kabarle wothout each other!

I don't agree with that statement... that first line was brutal for weeks.... if it wasn't for Kovy Pleks and Kosty getting hot we would have been in a loosing streak. Everyone was blaming Ryder for not scoring but he's the trigger man.. Koivu was suppose to be feeding him. Again... I am not knocking Koivu.. just think the shake up was due.

Is it now:

Higgins - Pleks - Kovy

Streit - Grabs - Smokes

Anybody????

The lines are:

Higgins - Plekanec - Kovalev

Kostitsyn - Grabovski - Ryder

Streit - Koivu - Smolinski

Latendresse - Chipchura - Dandenault

Guest habfreak
Funny, I think that the lines look surprisingly good tonight, and guess what? I'm watching the game! :blink:

cool...thats ur opinion...but dont forget Huet had to stand on his head all period long and the we got kinda lucky on both goals...just my 2 cents.

Guest concreteveins
The lines are:

Higgins - Plekanec - Kovalev

Kostitsyn - Grabovski - Ryder

Streit - Koivu - Smolinski

Latendresse - Chipchura - Dandenault

Thanks.

I don't agree with that statement... that first line was brutal for weeks.... if it wasn't for Kovy Pleks and Kosty getting hot we would have been in a loosing streak. Everyone was blaming Ryder for not scoring but he's the trigger man.. Koivu was suppose to be feeding him. Again... I am not knocking Koivu.. just think the shake up was due.

Agreed. Someone posted their goals and +/- in the past 5 games or so and it's very bad.

cool...thats ur opinion...but dont forget Huet had to stand on his head all period long and the we got kinda lucky on both goals...just my 2 cents.

Yeah, both goals were pretty weak which is why Mason got pulled so early.

haha...Carbo looks like a genius now but the truth is those lines look like he picked random names out of a hat! anyone happy with the 2-0 line is probably not watching the game. None of the lines have any chemistry except plek and kovy's. and I don't even know why Markov and Komisarek had to be seperated on Defence and they both seem lost and making uncharactaristic mistakes. I dont think Komi even had one hit in that period.

Well you can't develop chemistry straight off-the-hop, and for Higgins to fit in so well so quickly with Plekanec and Kovalev is a pleasant surprise.

Although, I only got home midway through the period; was there any mention as to why Koivu was centering the third line?

Archived