The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

Nashville @ Montreal | Dec. 1 2007 | Final: 5-4 Nashville (S/O)

jl-1

Guest concreteveins
Slackers... :angry: Losers... :angry: Inexcusable :angry:

Only Huet and Hamrlik get my graces tonight, no one else...I hope Kostopoulos and Begin are laughing their butts off.

This game was the focal point of *****.

Yeah I wonder if the lead would have broken down with Kostopolous and Begin in there. I guess will never know!

Guest whiteghost

Hey Furgus, opps Gainey, time to get off your butt and do something or maybe sit for a few more years and make the same excuses over and over again about how you are trying to build chemistry, spin us another tall tale.

Guest jennifer_rocket

OH MAN! Someone let me know what happened here, tonight, huh? :angry:

I must say, I would rather have Bonk back for two years at his current salary than Smolinski. Anyone? Anyone!?

Now that is a statement I can agree with. Smoke was brought here for experience and defensive abilities... He is a minus so far this year.... The mistake he made in the third when he took that horrible penalty I would accept from Laprierre but Smoke has played over 1000 games. ... Unacceptable.

Maybe Yashin would have been better? :)

Guest stevesaku

like jacques demers said, when you have the lead you dont sit back!!!!!!!!!!!!

and bryan smolinski should see the pressbox. 24 turnovers from him tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest HabsFan042069

embarrassing.......When I saw the starting lineup tonight I thought I hope nashville doesnt get too many man advantages....Carbo benches BOTH begin and kostopoulous both our keys in the penalty kill...and well we all konw what happened when nashville got the PP with 2 minutes to go...

Guest habsfan#08

Everyone can call for Carbo's head all they want but, he's not going anywhere until Gainey needs to save his own butt. I hate to say this but it's the truth.

Guest mossman
On a positive note!!!!!!!! We are only 4 points out of 1st after this horrible game!! :D

On a negative note, while Ottawa has been in a tailspin, we have gained very little ground.

Now that is a statement I can agree with. Smoke was brought here for experience and defensive abilities... He is a minus so far this year.... The mistake he made in the third when he took that horrible penalty I would accept from Laprierre but Smoke has played over 1000 games. ... Unacceptable.

Yeah, I think it's the 3rd time he took a penalty late in a game and let the other team get a chance to win.

and bryan smolinski should see the pressbox. 24 turnovers from him tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the style of defensive hockey is just not working. All it has done, as far as I can see, is put Ryder completely off his game.

On a positive note!!!!!!!! We are only 4 points out of 1st after this horrible game!! :D

Which would have been 3 if we played for friggen 20 more minutes,

We didn't even have to play amazing, we just had to PLAY.

3-0

WOW

i cannot express in words how mad i am, because i wouldget banned.

Guest lisa_11
He did face 44 shots! That's a .909% save percentage: by no means amazing, but still pretty good.

Huet did great up until the third period.

He made some key saves in the 1st and 2nd, no doubt. Preds could have scored early if not for some of his saves.

But at the end of the third period, all that went away.

Most goals were ridiculous.

Once again, I'm not putting a loss on a lone member of the team 'cause I believe it's wrong too,

but Huet does not do well under pressure.

Jeez, BONK was the hero in this game..

I don't usually get so negative after a game, but c'mon.

EM-BA-RA-SSING.

Guest mbryson27

Got to agree...I thought it was a good signing, but he has shown me next to nothing...I thought he would provide a lot for the team

Guest halifax_habs
This is the worst. I guess I'm supposed to say something positive, like "Hey, at least we got a point....." but that's not me. This is the absolute lowest this team has sunk in all 14 years since the last Cup run back in '93.

This has got to stop......but until it does, hope everyone has a nice winter. waving-banana-ani.gif

Ummm did you watch the late nineties. Trust me it was much worse than this.

The only positive was four even strength goals but we've been so streaky offensively lately. Stable lines would sure help I hope we don't go into the benching and line juggling death spiral we saw last year when things got bad.

the style of defensive hockey is just not working. All it has done, as far as I can see, is put Ryder completely off his game.

Its because we dont have players to run a defensive system. Also, just because he was a solid defensive player doesnt mean he knows how to implement a solid defensive system

Guest Rainman
Whatever 40 mins is not 60, I am sick of listening to how sick he plays for 40, 45 or 50, he doesn't play a full 60 which is not good enough as we have seen again here tonight.

OK, I'll grant you that, but fer crissakes why do our goalies have to face 40+ shots all the time ? We were outshot nearly 2-1 !!

GO HABS GO !!!

Guest mossman

Montreal has been sitting back for years now. It's a culture in Montreal. Heck I've seen them sit on a 1 goal lead with more than 10 minutes left.

Archived