The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

Nashville @ Montreal | Dec. 1 2007 | Final: 5-4 Nashville (S/O)

jl-1

Guest jennifer_rocket
Huet played well for most of the game, but he looked absolutely asleep at the wheel in the shootout.

He didn't look asleep, he looked very very frustrated. I don't blame him. This "sit back" style when we're ahead is leading to our goaltenders getting exposed at the worst possible times. Very frustrating, indeed. During the shootout he almost smashed his stick off of the post again, but decided to hold back. He wasn't happy! I wouldn't be either.

Guest mossman
Its because we dont have players to run a defensive system. Also, just because he was a solid defensive player doesnt mean he knows how to implement a solid defensive system

What defensive game. This team is horrible in their own zone. And the first period they were atrocious in clearing attempts. Gave the puck over and over again.

Huet did great up until the third period.

He made some key saves in the 1st and 2nd, no doubt. Preds could have scored early if not for some of his saves.

But at the end of the third period, all that went away.

Most goals were ridiculous.

Once again, I'm not putting a loss on a lone member of the team 'cause I believe it's wrong too,

but Huet does not do well under pressure.

Jeez, BONK was the hero in this game..

I don't usually get so negative after a game, but c'mon.

EM-BA-RA-SSING.

Huet really did all he could. He could do nothing on that last goal (in fact, he made two mind-boggling saves before they scored). With the way the Predators were able to waltz into our zone, I'm surprised the final score wasn't 8-4.

Guest stevesaku
OK, I'll grant you that, but fer crissakes why do our goalies have to face 40+ shots all the time ? We were outshot nearly 2-1 !!

GO HABS GO !!!

because our coach has everyone sitting back and inviting the shots. this isnt soccer for cris sake.

Hey, everybody, WE GOT A POINT!!

Quit making out like this is the end of the world.

This game should of been 4-0. No reason to be happy for a point with such a pathetic loss.

Guest halifax_habs

That's pretty cold comfort, that's the worst collapse I can think of for the Habs in a while.

Guest mossman
Huet did great up until the third period.

He made some key saves in the 1st and 2nd, no doubt. Preds could have scored early if not for some of his saves.

But at the end of the third period, all that went away.

Most goals were ridiculous.

Once again, I'm not putting a loss on a lone member of the team 'cause I believe it's wrong too,

but Huet does not do well under pressure.

Jeez, BONK was the hero in this game..

I don't usually get so negative after a game, but c'mon.

EM-BA-RA-SSING.

The whole team does poorly under pressure. Other teams know this and rush our players when they touch the puck, causing turnovers.

Guest jennifer_rocket

Well, we're playing poorly. It's natural to to be upset about it. Let's hope we can rebound next game, huh? :)

By no means is it the end of the world, but something should be done to help this team succeed more regularly.

Most people have a longer term view than just one game. And, if this game had lasted another 5 minutes in regulation, they wouldn't have even gotten the point.

Guest habsfan#08
The Habs hung out Huet to dry since the first play (breakaway for Ortmeyer) of the game. The problem is that it took Huet 2 periods to get dry.

Actually Huet missed butting off a dump in and couldn't get back in time.

Guest stevesaku
After a game like this, WE WILL BE EATEN ALIVE BY DETROIT!!!!

that is a real possibility. i will be going to that game, and i fear for the result.

i can not even look at the highlights of this game.

Guest kovalev47
I know.....thats pathetic :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

lets trade Huet for kolzig or ship him out.

If this was Price he would never be blamed. What about Price's preformance last night? 4 goals on 27 shots. Might as well trade Price right now too.

Guest FlHabsFan

We should of had 2. Remember, 1 point kept us out of the playoffs last year. 1 point

Guest 464VermontHabs

That is one of the most disgusting displays of third period hockey I have ever seen in my life everyone in the bell centre should receive a refund for this pathetic loss!!!!!!

Guest keithman
I'm feeling so great right now

....why?

You do nothing but troll. Is it really going to bring you happiness if the habs miss the playoffs?

I mean, c'mon....really.

Archived