The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

Nashville @ Montreal | Dec. 1 2007 | Final: 5-4 Nashville (S/O)

jl-1

Huet really did all he could. He could do nothing on that last goal (in fact, he made two mind-boggling saves before they scored). With the way the Predators were able to waltz into our zone, I'm surprised the final score wasn't 8-4.

He attempted to charge the shooter... isnt that a defencemans job? a goalie sits there and waits for the shot, Huet didnt do that. Huet fell apart with the team the last 9 mins, he played an amazing 50 mins, but a horrible 10 mins.

Everyone can call for Carbo's head all they want but, he's not going anywhere until Gainey needs to save his own butt. I hate to say this but it's the truth.

Definitely the truth. Whether or not it is Carbo's fault, if Montreal fails to make the playoffs again, Gainey will have no choice but to fire him, it's that or risk his own job.

Absolutely not.. we already have our share of floaters... we don't need another one

Like Kovalev? Our leading scorer? I could use another Kovalev right about now. Especially one that brings some size, skill and finishing ability down the middle.

... and other teams have caught up to us.

It was inevitable

The team's play earlier in the season, and the fact that they were winning, overhadowed the flaws in the team this year which are similar to last year

Two months in, and other teams start to gel , we start to fall apart

It was inevitable

The team's play earlier in the season, and the fact that they were winning, overhadowed the flaws in the team this year which are similar to last year

I knew it wouldn't keep up, but I thought we'd avoid last seasons crash, but it's looking nearly identical.

Guest jennifer_rocket

Montreal looked pretty good in the s/o after the game had been tied. Perhaps if they continued to play that way in the third period they wouldn't have ended up in this mess to start with.

Guest stevesaku

it must of been such a change of scenery for players like chipchura and price, both gold medal winners. they must be dumbfounded.

ahh woww i cant believe it.

Guest habsfan7344

COMMON LETS CHEER UP!!!! WE GOT A POINT AND RYDER HAD SO MANY CHANCES~!!

what a bad loss we were winning 3-0 then after we lost 5-4!!! HUH!!!! IF ONLY THEY USED RYDER IN THE SHOT OUT!! AND IF HE SCORED MORE!!!!! RYDER HAS A CURSE!!!!!

I knew it wouldn't keep up, but I thought we'd avoid last seasons crash, but it's looking nearly identical.

This time there's no mysterious flu bug to blame it on though.

Guest Manorrd

Well, yesterday we didn't even get 1 point.

We got 0 !

But tonight, against a very good hockey team, we managed a point.

I guess I'm a half-full kind of guy.

I'm very happy with the way the entire team played tonight.

GO HABS GO!! Great job tonight!!!

Guest lafleuristhebest

Quite frankly, I'm not the least bit surprised. This collapse only shows the inability of this team. When the Habs rely on AHL calibre players like Streit, Latendresse, Grabovsky, Smolinski, etc.... it only shows you the sad state of affairs of this organization. I believe it's time for Carbo to play Price almost every game. It's time to move Huet. Why the most storied franchise in the history of hockey has to go to France to find a goalie is totally beyond me. His inconsistency is very frustrating and shows that he is at best a capable back up goalie.

Let the Price era begin, give him 5 to 10 games in a row and let's see what he really is all about.

Can someone answer a question for me..... What has happened to Ryder??? He has completely disappeared. I think that he needs a 2 week stint in Hamilton to remind him of what it takes to play in the NHL.

Guest 464VermontHabs

And Huet had absolutely nothing to do with this loss...he's the only reason we ever had the lead in the game. there was sloppy defence all night, nashville had all kinds of scoring opps in front of the net and about 6 breakaways...huet stopped this game from being 10-4

Guest kovalev47
It was inevitable

Agreed. We go through goalie after goalie and they always get the blame when in the past 13 years when it's the other areas where the problem lies.

Guest lisa_11
Huet really did all he could. He could do nothing on that last goal (in fact, he made two mind-boggling saves before they scored). With the way the Predators were able to waltz into our zone, I'm surprised the final score wasn't 8-4.

Last goal, as in the 3rd period one? Yeah, I agree. I didn't even see the puck during that.

& +, I've never seen Huet get so mad after letting in a goal.

Like I said, he made key saves for us and kept the score 3-0 for a good while.

He faced many shots as well, as opposed to our 22.

I still have a "but.." though.

My dad was watching with me and said that we played differently the last 3 minutes of the game.

He doesn't watch many games so he doesn't know what we're a "defensive" playing team most of the time.

Which is what we did those last 5-10 minutes. We stood on a lead. Unfortunately.

Good game by the first line and Latendresse.

Streit had a pretty good game as well, along with Chips.

& I'm starting to notice Koivu more and more on the ice :)

Guest stevesaku
This time there's no mysterious flu bug to blame it on though.

and now i hope gainey realizes, that this team is simply not good enough.

the guys on rds are saying what i am thinking. carbo does things that ive never seen any other coach do.

koivu with smolinski and streit???

Archived