The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

Nashville @ Montreal | Dec. 1 2007 | Final: 5-4 Nashville (S/O)

jl-1

Guest habsfan7344
Well, yesterday we didn't even get 1 point.

We got 0 !

But tonight, against a very good hockey team, we managed a point.

I guess I'm a half-full kind of guy.

I'm very happy with the way the entire team played tonight.

GO HABS GO!! Great job tonight!!!

AGREED!!!

Guest mossman

This was a terrible game. We blew a 3-0 lead, Huet and the team collapsed in the third. He was on another planet in the shootout. We were badly outshot. We were badly outplayed in our zone...AGAIN...

This team is heading to the predictions of the analysts before the start of the eseason. They haven't learned their lesson from last year and are very fragile. They have stopped hitting and are being banged into the boards every time they touch the puck. Komi's not hitting anyone, Boullion's not, nobody is.

Game after game I find Ryder is one of the hardest workers out there. He doesn't quit. But jeez he's got to start scoring or he's got to go.

This whole team is too streaky and I really don't think there is enough grit or character on this team. Ottawa has left the door unlocked and wide open and this team is afraid to go in. If they were really as good as their early record has shown, they should be first now.

That being said, they are only a few pieces away from a team that will be more consistent and challenge all year. But they need the character to be able to weather these storms without their confidence tanking. This team does not do well working through a slump. It demoralizes them.

Quite frankly, I'm not the least bit surprised. This collapse only shows the inability of this team. When the Habs rely on AHL calibre players like Streit, Latendresse, Grabovsky, Smolinski, etc.... it only shows you the sad state of affairs of this organization. I believe it's time for Carbo to play Price almost every game. It's time to move Huet. Why the most storied franchise in the history of hockey has to go to France to find a goalie is totally beyond me. His inconsistency is very frustrating and shows that he is at best a capable back up goalie.

Let the Price era begin, give him 5 to 10 games in a row and let's see what he really is all about.

Can someone answer a question for me..... What has happened to Ryder??? He has completely disappeared. I think that he needs a 2 week stint in Hamilton to remind him of what it takes to play in the NHL.

I'll tell you what happened to Ryder. He was crucified for his defensive play and tried to focus on that. Consequently, he lost his confidence. Then, he seems to have assumed the role of setting up players - he has played more behind the net than in front of it. Higgins has had a ton of chances from Ryder. The reverse is not true.

Guest King-Carey-31
This time there's no mysterious flu bug to blame it on though.

the one that was planted by samsonov.....damn we need him to come visit the Bell Centre

Quite frankly, I'm not the least bit surprised. This collapse only shows the inability of this team. When the Habs rely on AHL calibre players like Streit, Latendresse, Grabovsky, Smolinski, etc.... it only shows you the sad state of affairs of this organization. I believe it's time for Carbo to play Price almost every game. It's time to move Huet. Why the most storied franchise in the history of hockey has to go to France to find a goalie is totally beyond me. His inconsistency is very frustrating and shows that he is at best a capable back up goalie.

Let the Price era begin, give him 5 to 10 games in a row and let's see what he really is all about.

Can someone answer a question for me..... What has happened to Ryder??? He has completely disappeared. I think that he needs a 2 week stint in Hamilton to remind him of what it takes to play in the NHL.

This post is right on the nose, except i wouldnt give up on Latendresse this kid gets better and better, hes forchecking better, becoming a force on teh boards, and hitting more and more, and 2 pretty goals tonight.

Guest mtl1010

This is one of those fusturating losses that have the media talking about what we're going to do now, are we going to fire someone, trade someone or stay the same? And I think us as fans were already talking about that a long time ago

Guest Rainman
He attempted to charge the shooter... isnt that a defencemans job? a goalie sits there and waits for the shot, Huet didnt do that. Huet fell apart with the team the last 9 mins, he played an amazing 50 mins, but a horrible 10 mins.

Huet bears his portion of the blame, fer sure, but the entire squad laid off the last 10 mins. The Preds found some jump at the 10 min mark, and the HABS couldn't respond. Period.

GO HABS GO !!!

Guest 464VermontHabs
He attempted to charge the shooter... isnt that a defencemans job? a goalie sits there and waits for the shot, Huet didnt do that. Huet fell apart with the team the last 9 mins, he played an amazing 50 mins, but a horrible 10 mins.

if the defence was there huet would not have to charge the shooter the stop blaming huet

Guest habsfan7344
and now i hope gainey realizes, that this team is simply not good enough.

the guys on rds are saying what i am thinking. carbo does things that ive never seen any other coach do.

koivu with smolinski and streit???

OHH PLEASE!! Koivu IS CAPTAIN K!!!!!!!!! he rules!! STREIT IS THE D MAN AWSOME!!! ... but smolinski :blink: i dunno!! YAH HAVE GOOD GAMES YOU HAVE BAD GAMES!!!!!!! BELIEVE BE POSITIVE HABS RULE!!!!!

YAH CAN'T WIN THEM ALL!!!!!

Guest kovalev47

Stop blaming Huet. Price has given up so many leads this season as well. It's not our goalies at fault. We could have Patrick Roy in net and some fans would be blaming him. Oh yeah I forgot the fans blamed Roy in a 9-1 loss and chased him out of town too.

Guest Griffin3

Aren't we in big trouble in the next years when contracts expire for our actual good players. Who will want to play here? I can't even see Price wanting to stay here after his 3 years are up.

Guest lisa_11
It was inevitable

The team's play earlier in the season, and the fact that they were winning, overhadowed the flaws in the team this year which are similar to last year

Two months in, and other teams start to gel , we start to fall apart

Definitely.

We had some great games, but there was no doubt that we were overachieving for a while.

the guys on rds are saying what i am thinking. carbo does things that ive never seen any other coach do.

Carbo has some great qualities but sometimes you just wonder what on earth he's thinking. I think he's good at the coaching part of being a coach, but his decision making still leaves me scratching my head.

shots 19-5 in the 3rd for nashville enough said there. The game would have been over early in the first if not for huet with all the turnovers and the Dmen pinching

Smolinski is the one to blame, but im sorry, Huet let in 3 HORRIBLE goals, the first goal destroyed his confidence, and he fell apart.... how can anyone defend him, im not talking about ANY of his play cept this game, this game he fell apart after that first goal. Carbo shoulda pulled him after the third goal, you could see him breaking down

Guest Manorrd
This was a terrible game. We blew a 3-0 lead, Huet and the team collapsed in the third. He was on another planet in the shootout. We were badly outshot. We were badly outplayed in our zone...AGAIN...

This team is heading to the predictions of the analysts before the start of the eseason. They haven't learned their lesson from last year and are very fragile. They have stopped hitting and are being banged into the boards every time they touch the puck. Komi's not hitting anyone, Boullion's not, nobody is.

Game after game I find Ryder is one of the hardest workers out there. He doesn't quit. But jeez he's got to start scoring or he's got to go.

This whole team is too streaky and I really don't think there is enough grit or character on this team. Ottawa has left the door unlocked and wide open and this team is afraid to go in. If they were really as good as their early record has shown, they should be first now.

That being said, they are only a few pieces away from a team that will be more consistent and challenge all year. But they need the character to be able to weather these storms without their confidence tanking. This team does not do well working through a slump. It demoralizes them.

I disagree.

This was an AWESOME game. It was exciting right down to the last shot (betcha weren't going to the kitchen for co-co for the last 15min)

We got a point!

Be happy, mossman. :)

Guest stevesaku
OHH PLEASE!! Koivu IS CAPTAIN K!!!!!!!!! he rules!! STREIT IS THE D MAN AWSOME!!! ... but smolinski :blink: i dunno!! YAH HAVE GOOD GAMES YOU HAVE BAD GAMES!!!!!!! BELIEVE BE POSITIVE HABS RULE!!!!!

what are you saying?? yeah koivu is captain k. but do you see sundin playing with a defencemen, and a centremen who is having his worst season? only koivu receives this treatment and i dont know how he takes it.

Guest mtl1010

but we should of won this one, they didn't win it, we won it for them and that's when you know that we arn't going any where like that

Guest mossman

We need to stop hiring rookie coaches and become a training ground for the coaching ranks. We need an experience coach for once. When was the last? Demers. That's an awful long time. And when we had a good coach (Julien) we chose Jose over him. Now that was a good decision wasn't it? And we should have kept Bonk. He was a heart and soul player for us last year. That was a big big loss.

On a completely off topic note... Sergei Samsonov has 4 assists in 18 games and is -5. Just thought I'd throw that little nugget out there.

Guest lafleuristhebest
Stop blaming Huet. Price has given up so many leads this season as well. It's not our goalies at fault. We could have Patrick Roy in net and some fans would be blaming him. Oh yeah I forgot the fans blamed Roy in a 9-1 loss and chased him out of town too.

Don't put Huet in the same category as Roy. It's an insult to Roy to mention Huet in the same breath.

Archived