The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

Nashville @ Montreal | Dec. 1 2007 | Final: 5-4 Nashville (S/O)

jl-1

Guest ReturnoftheGiantHogweed

What is wrong with our HABS? Cant anyone do any bodychecks? The last two goals against us players are just standing there doing nothing What is wrong with Carbonneau taking out Begin and Kostopulos, 2 guys that always are hitting the other team. I am so pissed with our team a couple of players and our goalie were the only guys that came to play! Nashville totally outplayed us, without HUET the score would have been much different! Carbonneau cannot coach and most of our players do not want to play and taking that STUPID penalty with 2 minutes left in the game THAT is the guy who should be benched next game! our team does not want to play for carbonneau so get rid of him and get us some players that want to play because most of our team does NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop blaming Huet. Price has given up so many leads this season as well. It's not our goalies at fault. We could have Patrick Roy in net and some fans would be blaming him. Oh yeah I forgot the fans blamed Roy in a 9-1 loss and chased him out of town too.

I don't think his point is this loss is all Huet's fault, the point I think he was making is, this team clearly isn't going anywhere, and we mayaswell develop our potential superstar goalie and have him ready to take over the starters job next year.

I disagree.

This was an AWESOME game. It was exciting right down to the last shot (betcha weren't going to the kitchen for co-co for the last 15min)

We got a point!

Be happy, mossman. :)

How can you be happy with that meltdown?

Three people will be recieving warnings in the next 24 hours from me. Don't make it any more, or the thread may be closed. Vent, but do it somewhat constructively: do not swear, do not insult others, and do not bash players, the coach, or admistration. Make whatever comments you'd like, but keep them constructive and not insulting.

Guest mossman
shots 19-5 in the 3rd for nashville enough said there. The game would have been over early in the first if not for huet with all the turnovers and the Dmen pinching

This team needs to play with a lot more passion when the game's on the line.

Guest KOIVU#11
I disagree.

This was an AWESOME game. It was exciting right down to the last shot (betcha weren't going to the kitchen for co-co for the last 15min)

We got a point!

Be happy, mossman. :)

wooo ya a point. Are you kidding? How can we be happy with that?

I'll tell you what happened to Ryder. He was crucified for his defensive play and tried to focus on that. Consequently, he lost his confidence. Then, he seems to have assumed the role of setting up players - he has played more behind the net than in front of it. Higgins has had a ton of chances from Ryder. The reverse is not true.

The reverse is quite true, both have missed plenty of chances this season. Let's not get too carried away here. ;)

OK, let's hope that down-time cooled everyone off a bit. If the same behaviour continues, you can certainly expect strict punishment.

As moderators, we don't like giving out warnings and are just as frustrated by losses as you are. However, we do what we must to keep this forum a clean and friendly place for EVERYONE to visit; all we ask is your help in trying to maintain this atmosphere.

Guest Habs_fan_9

Nashville game....I cannot believe what i have just seen by the canadiesn performance. I think i hav enow seen everything in the NHL. For the peaople who want to defend the habs tonite, well i'm sorry but ur defending the wrong game. This was an embarassing game. Smolinski penalty was just like yvon pedneault says" Un mauvais Penalité". I'm sorry but you don't come in the third period with a 3-0 lead and then have a 4-1 lead at around 9:00 into the game and go lose 5-4 in shootouts. To me that means that we are watching a team with no heart and spirit to win. Just like Carbonneau says" We always find a way to lose", and he's right, we do, and for people who don't kniow anything about goltending. When a goaltender has 45 shots midway through the third period, you get pretty fed up and tired. There was no way huet could of kept us any longer in this game. You can make fun of him as much as you want, but for those freaking price fans out there last night with a 4-0 lose just proves that he should of stayed in his baby league of AHL, with his 45 miles per hour shots, and his stupid calder trophies, BIG DEAL! I would of brought him up a little later at around 23 years old, he's not ROY! For our defencemens, i think its time they wake up, because i can guarantee that this game won't be the last that we lose like this. I don't understand how we can't dump the puck out in a dangerous situation. This is unbelievable and i'm so fed up of this crap. Also its not Carbonneau's fault, and for people who think he will get fired becuz of a match like this, well ur absolutely, absolutely wrong. Its not the coache's fault when his team has a 4-1 lead and then loses 5-4. Im sure if it was up to him he would go back on the ice and score some goals. Anyways all im trying to prove is that the team has to play for their coach. If the players don't play, don't excpect a victory. The habs gave up to soon which caused an embarassing lose. Last but not least, Guy Lafleur was right that night when he said that the Canadiens played like a fourth line team, well Guy tonite for the last nine minutes, they played exactly the way you said it. Hope they learn't their lesson.

Guest kovalev47
I don't think his point is this loss is all Huet's fault, the point I think he was making is, this team clearly isn't going anywhere, and we mayaswell develop our potential superstar goalie and have him ready to take over the starters job next year.

Well if that's the case, is it better to tank the season? Like in 1-2 seasons I see our lineup being much weaker since we would be missing Kovalev, Koivu, Ryder and Huet.

Guest stevesaku
Well if that's the case, is it better to tank the season? Like in 1-2 seasons I see our lineup being much weaker since we would be missing Kovalev, Koivu, Ryder and Huet.

why would it be better to tank the season?

Guest stevesaku
My wall now has a hole in it...unbelievable...

it comes to point for me where it is expected. my brother who is younger then me actually gets frustrated. i just take it in and slowly die inside.

Guest d80jcrant

Will I know nothing will change the fact that the Habs blew a 3-0 lead and a 4-1 lead.....

But could always be first......

Like Nashville tieing it up with 5 mins to go and taking the lead with 5 secs to go.

Guest d80jcrant

Two more points I have to make..... One Bonk must be happy LOL.

Also It sucks towards the ned of OT how teams can hook and hold and really take penalties.

Alright so i have calmed down...

wow i was mad.

Anywaays what i just heard...

*BREAKING NEWS*

wow listen to this

my friends friends brother works for the bulldogs

and gainey was at the game last night

gainey left his notebook there

and his brother has it right now

and it said

TRADE PROPOSAL:

ryder + grabovski for tanguay

don't have a source, it was over msn.

The guy doesn't lie, trust me.

Delete it if it isnt allowed or should be moved to the rumours thread

900!!!!

Guest kovalev47
why would it be better to tank the season?

Well I meant if people think Huet should not to play just because of a loss. I see it as the same as throwing the season.

Guest netcase
So what does Carbo do now???

3-0 leads and 4-1 leads not good enough???

The whole team needs to regroup

We cannot beat Buffalo or Jersey. Forget the Senators. We are up 3 goals on a 10th place team and we lose in OT.

I mean why bother? Mail 2 points to Detroit and just keep practicing.

I can't take these bullroar games anymore.

Guest GreekHockeyCoach
We need to stop hiring rookie coaches and become a training ground for the coaching ranks. We need an experience coach for once. When was the last? Demers. That's an awful long time. And when we had a good coach (Julien) we chose Jose over him. Now that was a good decision wasn't it? And we should have kept Bonk. He was a heart and soul player for us last year. That was a big big loss.

On a completely off topic note... Sergei Samsonov has 4 assists in 18 games and is -5. Just thought I'd throw that little nugget out there.

I've been saying this for a while now. Carbo needs to be replaced by an experienced coach. It was a huge mistake losing Julien.

Archived