The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

JT Wyman

Guest BadBrains

Guest BadBrains

Didn't see a thread for this guy.

After putting up 24 points in 33 games last season, Wyman has 6 goals and 12 points through 9 games this year.

He's in his senior year so it will be "go pro or go home" for Wyman next year.

At 6'2" and 212lbs he could provide some much needed size up front for the bulldogs next year.

A league coach had this to say about Wyman: “Wyman has the ability to single handedly change the game in one shift. He is very explosive and is a pure goal scorer. He has a tremendous first three strides, has nice hands, and a quick release. He will have to develop his play in the last 100 feet to make himself a more complete player.” http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/j.t._wyman

Anyone know more about his style of game?

Guest devils_fury2

I am a subscriber to the hockey news and a few weeks ago I picked up a 60th Anniversary Special Edition and inside it has a pretty good read on Montreal prospect JT Wyman..it says how last season Dartmouth was battling injuries on their defense and Wyman accepted his coaches offer to play defense for a while before moving back to his normal position (at RW) in the second half of the season.

This season Wyman (the hockey news says) is now applying what he learned on defense to make life miserable for rival defenders.... Wyman says that *playing defense last year really allowed me to see the ice alot better as a player I was able to recognize I had alot more space out there then what I thought and it also gave me more confidence skating with the puck... Coach Bob Gaudet has also seen a difference saying that *Wyman has realized what defenseman struggle with, and Wymans speed to the outside is very incredible, he can really fly and while playing defense he has learned a few new moves that are going to be tough for defenders to stop....Gaudet also added that JT is a feisty, skilled power forward....

Wyman not only can play defense when need be but he also can play all three forward postitions (including his natural Right Wing Position)

The hockey news also writes that he has gained 35 pounds since his draft day, in his last year of high school he was a finalist for the Mr Hockey award and while in high school he won a medal in a french speaking contest

according to the Hockey News he is 6-2 and 215 pounds and 21 years of age...and in his first game this season he scored 2 goals and added an assist (I haven't been able to find a website where I can keep track of his stats though)

Sounds like the guy if he stays healthy has a bright future and hopefully Montreal signs him before the June 1st deadline

Guest 1970 Habs
According to the Hockey News he is 6-2 and 215 pounds and 21 years of age...and in his first game this season he scored 2 goals and added an assist (I haven't been able to find a website where I can keep track of his stats though)

Sounds like the guy if he stays healthy has a bright future and hopefully Montreal signs him before the June 1st deadline

In 9 games played he has 6 goals, 6 assists and 2 PIMs.

Here is a link for you to check out all the Hab NCAA prospects:

http://habsprospects.hockeyhq.net/ncaa.html

Guest devils_fury2
Didn't see a thread for this guy.

After putting up 24 points in 33 games last season, Wyman has 6 goals and 12 points through 9 games this year.

He's in his senior year so it will be "go pro or go home" for Wyman next year.

At 6'2" and 212lbs he could provide some much needed size up front for the bulldogs next year.

A league coach had this to say about Wyman: “Wyman has the ability to single handedly change the game in one shift. He is very explosive and is a pure goal scorer. He has a tremendous first three strides, has nice hands, and a quick release. He will have to develop his play in the last 100 feet to make himself a more complete player.” http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/j.t._wyman

Anyone know more about his style of game?

sorry didn't notice someone had already started a thread on Wyman, I really hope Montreal signs this guy, haven't seen him play but I've heard good things about him and that every year he seems to be getting better

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BadBrains

Update and bump for a good week for this guy.

He is currently #1 in the ECAC College hockey conference in ppg with 1.25. This puts him in 10th place across the United States.

He is 10th in scoring in his conference 12gp 8g-7a-15pts. The leader has 20pts but has played 6 more games.

I like this prospect. Probably not superstar quality, but he has good size at 6'2" 212lbs and from what I've read coaches like him and he's got some leadership to offer.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BadBrains

5 points in his last 2 games bringing him to 10 goals, 10 assists for 20 points in only 15 games played. That puts him 5th in the ECAC Conference with 6 fewer games played than the leader. Good for top 10 in the nation in points per game. Higher than the likes of James VanRiemsdyk and Kyle Turris. Yeah

Does anyone else know this guy is in our system?

If he keeps up this pace, we'll be hearing his name a lot more, I think.

Guest 1970 Habs

Well he is 21 years old too and in his Senior year too.

Talent Analysis on J.T.

“Wyman has the ability to single handedly change the game in one shift. He is very explosive and is a pure goal scorer. He has a tremendous first three strides, has nice hands, and a quick release. He will have to develop his play in the last 100 feet to make himself a more complete player.”

Though he is projected at best as a 4th line player he has done reasonably well in his four years at Dartmouth.

Season GP G A Pts PIM

2004-05 33 5 6 11 4

2005-06 28 8 12 20 6

2006-07 33 13 11 24 20

Has the potential to double his total point output for last year reaching 20 pts in 15 games. He must be signed by August 15, 2008 so he should be playing in Hamilton next year.

Guest 1970 Habs

Since theis guy will probably be in Hamilton next year here is some more info on him.

Personal:

His full name is James Thomas

Born Feb. 27, 1986 in Edina, Minnesota

Parents are James and Kathlyn

He has one sister, Lauren

His grandfather played hockey at Yale.

Off the Ice:

In highschool he was a member of the Bakers Dozen men’s singing group

He was awarded a medal at the University of Minnesota for a French public speaking contest.

His seasons in Dartmouth:

2004-05: Had 11 points in 33 games for Dartmouth...Scored seven points in 21 ECACHL contests...Had three multiple-point games with two points...Notched his first collegiate goal in a win at Colgate while collecting two points...Had his first assist against Rensselaer.

2005-06: Saw action in 28 games before getting injured late in the season...Played in all 22 league games...Scored 21 points (8g, 13a)...Recorded three multiple-point games...Had two goals against St. Lawrence...Notched three assists against Yale and two against Quinnipiac.

2006-07: Played in all 33 games, scoring 24 points (5th highest on the team)...Had four multiple-point games including a career-high four points (2g, 2a) in a victory over Princeton in the ECACHL playoffs...Recorded two points in wins over Rensselaer and Union...Three of his goals came on the power play and one was a short handed strike...Led the team in game winning goals with four...Saw action in all 22 league games, scoring 14 points.

2007-08: Assistant Captain.

In 16 games so far he has 11 goals and 10 assists for 21 pts (1st on the team in goals and pts) and is on pace to have 40+ points for the season.

Source: http://dartmouthsports.com/ViewArticle.dbm...p;ATCLID=650990

Guest devils_fury2
Since theis guy will probably be in Hamilton next year here is some more info on him.

Personal:

His full name is James Thomas

Born Feb. 27, 1986 in Edina, Minnesota

Parents are James and Kathlyn

He has one sister, Lauren

His grandfather played hockey at Yale.

Off the Ice:

In highschool he was a member of the Bakers Dozen men’s singing group

He was awarded a medal at the University of Minnesota for a French public speaking contest.

His seasons in Dartmouth:

2004-05: Had 11 points in 33 games for Dartmouth...Scored seven points in 21 ECACHL contests...Had three multiple-point games with two points...Notched his first collegiate goal in a win at Colgate while collecting two points...Had his first assist against Rensselaer.

Wow hey look at u, you should get a job keeping up with hockey stats

2005-06: Saw action in 28 games before getting injured late in the season...Played in all 22 league games...Scored 21 points (8g, 13a)...Recorded three multiple-point games...Had two goals against St. Lawrence...Notched three assists against Yale and two against Quinnipiac.

2006-07: Played in all 33 games, scoring 24 points (5th highest on the team)...Had four multiple-point games including a career-high four points (2g, 2a) in a victory over Princeton in the ECACHL playoffs...Recorded two points in wins over Rensselaer and Union...Three of his goals came on the power play and one was a short handed strike...Led the team in game winning goals with four...Saw action in all 22 league games, scoring 14 points.

2007-08: Assistant Captain.

In 16 games so far he has 11 goals and 10 assists for 21 pts (1st on the team in goals and pts) and is on pace to have 40+ points for the season.

Source: http://dartmouthsports.com/ViewArticle.dbm...p;ATCLID=650990

Guest devils_fury2

Wow look at u, you should get a job in hockey keeping up with everyones statistics.......

I can't wait until Wyman is signed by Montreal, he is a prospect of Montreals that u never really hear that much about but this year he's been making some noise and has become a little more noticable and hopefully will continue to do so as his career goes on

Guest overlords
Wow look at u, you should get a job in hockey keeping up with everyones statistics.......

I can't wait until Wyman is signed by Montreal, he is a prospect of Montreals that u never really hear that much about but this year he's been making some noise and has become a little more noticable and hopefully will continue to do so as his career goes on

I think of 1970's as the babysitter of all habs prospects, when they make the habs and are getting cheered for in their first NHL game, they should be thanking him for all the exposure he gave them :P

Guest 1970 Habs
I think of 1970's as the babysitter of all habs prospects, when they make the habs and are getting cheered for in their first NHL game, they should be thanking him for all the exposure he gave them :P

:lol::lol: Funny.

Though I know not many people on the Forum follow the prospects I try to as some of them may very well be the future of the Habs.

I felt there was not much on the In the System Sub Forum so decided to started adding stuff. It just kind of grew from there. :)

Guest overlords
:lol::lol: Funny.

Though I know not many people on the Forum follow the prospects I try to as some of them may very well be the future of the Habs.

I felt there was not much on the In the System Sub Forum so decided to started adding stuff. It just kind of grew from there. :)

I follow almost religiously, i rarely post the updated states though.

Players lik wyman seem to be our forté. Players that are drafted late that end up being good/decent 2nd-4th line material. All we need is our first 2 rounds of drafting to be done by the guys over in detroit and we'll be golden.

Guest 1970 Habs
I follow almost religiously, i rarely post the updated states though.

Players lik wyman seem to be our forté. Players that are drafted late that end up being good/decent 2nd-4th line material. All we need is our first 2 rounds of drafting to be done by the guys over in detroit and we'll be golden.

Well I like Pacioretty but that is another thread. :D

Guest BadBrains

Wyman is on fire. 8pts in his last 4 games, bringing his total to 23 in just 17 games this season, including 13 goals.

8th place in the NCAA in points per game.

• 1 month later...
Guest Cambridge Station Hab

The Habs have to get this guy signed good size,skating and hands lets hope they get a deal done soon.Also whats the status on Ryan White and Ben Maxwell,have they signed contracts yet? Habs fans can watch one of our prospects on Sun on sportsnet Kitchener plays Sarnia,Yannick Weber d man drafted 3rd round 73rd overall plays for Rangers.What a great number of quality prospects thanks to Mr.Timmons and scouting staff contrast that to our drafts in the 90's what a turnaround.Bravo Zulu.The Big Red Machine is back on track.

Guest overlords
Well I like Pacioretty but that is another thread. :D

love patches as well, but he along with komisarek and price are some of the only first rounders in recent memory that really shows the promise you want from a succesful first round pick.

Congrats to wyman on tearing up the ncaa! Keep it coming, maybe next year you'll be in hamilton!

Guest Greek Hab
The Habs have to get this guy signed good size,skating and hands lets hope they get a deal done soon.Also whats the status on Ryan White and Ben Maxwell,have they signed contracts yet? Habs fans can watch one of our prospects on Sun on sportsnet Kitchener plays Sarnia,Yannick Weber d man drafted 3rd round 73rd overall plays for Rangers.What a great number of quality prospects thanks to Mr.Timmons and scouting staff contrast that to our drafts in the 90's what a turnaround.Bravo Zulu.The Big Red Machine is back on track.

With the amount of Habs prospects in Hamilton who will become UFAs and RFAs at the end of the season:

UFA Forwards: Desharnais, Engelhardt, Ferland, Milroy

UFA Defence: Archer, Biron, Coté, Gleed

RFA Forward: Lahti, Locke

RFA Defence: Bonneau, Deagon

UFA Goal: Danis, Desjardins

I'd think players like(below) would get signed with Hamilton(or Cincinnati) next season, since this is our last chance to sign these guys. But, you know BG...doesn't like signing players during the season...

Wyman

Cepek

Maxwell

White

Also:

Korneev in Russia and Emelin.

Guest 1970 Habs
With the amount of Habs prospects in Hamilton who will become UFAs and RFAs at the end of the season:

UFA Forwards: Desharnais, Engelhardt, Ferland, Milroy

UFA Defence: Archer, Biron, Coté, Gleed

RFA Forward: Lahti, Locke

RFA Defence: Bonneau, Deagon

UFA Goal: Danis, Desjardins

I'd think players like(below) would get signed with Hamilton(or Cincinnati) next season, since this is our last chance to sign these guys. But, you know BG...doesn't like signing players during the season...

Wyman

Cepek

Maxwell

White

Also:

Korneev in Russia and Emelin.

I can see the top 4 being signed but not Korneev or Emelin (as they would need to buy out his contract)

I would also like to see Yanic Weber signed as he will turn 20 in September 2008. I do not think there is much more he can accomplish in the OHL.

Guest Greek Hab
I can see the top 4 being signed but not Korneev or Emelin (as they would need to buy out his contract)

I would also like to see Yanic Weber signed as he will turn 20 in September 2008. I do not think there is much more he can accomplish in the OHL.

O well for the Russians.

With Weber, I didn't include him on the list above, since he has one more year until we have to sign him(2009)...and like we know..."Bob likes to sign on the year of signage."

^^^^^

Same thing goes for Subban. We have to sign him by '09.

Archived