The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Tampa @ Montreal - December 11th 2007

roy_133

Guest Miltie01

Tampa is a very beatable team if we are willing to work hard.

Are we willing ?

Will this be Vinny's last game as a Lightning, or first game as a Hab ? ;)

I know, I know.....but I couldn't help myself !!!!

Guest overlords
Tampa is a very beatable team if we are willing to work hard.

Are we willing ?

Will this be Vinny's last game as a Lightning, or first game as a Hab ? ;)

I know, I know.....but I couldn't help myself !!!!

Why do you keep poking the bear :P

Nice thread btw Roy, unfortunately i won't be able to catch this one. Root extra hard for me will ya? :P

Seeing as how Toronto just thumped them 6-1, they will be coming at us with a lot more desire to win. We will have to play hard during the first 10 minutes, go into the dressing room with a lead and come out playing even harder for the rest of the game. Get them down, put the proverbial foot on their jugular and don't let 'em up !!!

Guest FlHabsFan

Most likely, Denis will be in goal. And Brad Richards got hurt, so he may not play. He had to be helped off the ice and didnt put weight on his left leg. And as soon as this happened, the team fell apart (was 0-0 before this. then they started getting all those penalties that Toronto capitalized on). Also, Vinny/Marty only had 1 shot each until the middle of the 3rd period I read.

So if we are on our A game, they are very beatable. Last year we went 4-1 against them (including a preseason win). Lets hope for more of the same this year!

Guest 77Bourque77

great another team to play that toronto has embarrassed...great. well if the boys dont plan on working hard the whole night then we might as well call it a loss.

Ya...but, I really wanted the Month back !!!

(our Habs could use a redo as well !!!) :D

:lol: I don't know that my heart can re-live that month and in all honesty, I don't know that I can survive this month either. :D

Guest MTL_HABS_24

Anyone else feeling like TB will take out their frustrations out on us tomorrow night after being humiliated by the fleas tonight?

It won't help that Vinnie will be playing in front of his hometown crowd.

I have a bad feeling about the game.

Guest WindsorHab#10

It seems when a team gets beat by the Leafs, they take it out on us. Tampa is ticked to say the least and they'll be in a foul mood. Based on the last few weeks, I'm not expecting much from our guys. Now Carbo wants Dandenault on the 1st line. I just have this feeling that it doesn't matter who plays where, the team has lost interest and just aren't motivated.

Guest MTL_HABS_24
It seems when a team gets beat by the Leafs, they take it out on us. Tampa is ticked to say the least and they'll be in a foul mood. Based on the last few weeks, I'm not expecting much from our guys. Now Carbo wants Dandenault on the 1st line. I just have this feeling that it doesn't matter who plays where, the team has lost interest and just aren't motivated.

My biggest fear is that this crazy line might just score a goal and Carbo will ant to keep it together for the balance of the season...LOL

But seriously, doesn't he remember anything from his playing days? Shuffling lines too often creates havoc and mayhem, not chemistry.

Guest d80jcrant

Habs numbers pertaining to this matchup.

Habs Season Record: 14-11-4 With 32 Points. With 2.86 GFPG And 2.93 GAPG

Habs Home Record: 5-6-3 With 13 Points. With 2.71 GFPG And 2.93 GAPG

Habs SouthEast Record: 2-2-2 With 6 Points. With 2.50 GFPG And 3.17 GAPG

Habs are 0-4-1 in their last 5 Home games.

First game with Tampa this season

Seeing as how Toronto just thumped them 6-1, they will be coming at us with a lot more desire to win. We will have to play hard during the first 10 minutes, go into the dressing room with a lead and come out playing even harder for the rest of the game. Get them down, put the proverbial foot on their jugular and don't let 'em up !!!

Black = Possible but highly unlikely. We usually last seven minutes, not ten

Red = Haha, the Habs come out playing harder? It would be a first... especially if we have the lead

Blue = ... don't let up? You haven't been watching many Habs game I take it. :P

Sorry guys but I couldn't resists :P

Guest Flying Lion

Seems to be a lot of optimism on the boards this morning. ^_^

Not that I blame anyone. It's looking pretty dismal of late. Tough to have such a great start to the season and then falter as the season continues on. Of course, it's fitting given our ability to sustain any momentum through 60 full minutes let alone through a number of consecutive games.

Still, I'm not ready to start poking fun. Where there's hope, there can be fire. Maybe the thumping the Habs took on the weekend will get them to bring something to this game to counteract any redemption the Lightning are seeking.

I'd like to see Koivu and Kovalev on the scoresheet, set a bit of example for everyone to follow. An explosive start is absolutely vital, and so is a sustained effort. We've been screaming that for so many games now, though, that someone should just come up with a witty little acronym to save the finger movements.

Anyone know offhand how Price does after a loss? Or Tampa Bay on back-to-back nights? Might be some nice bones to chew on while waiting for the opening faceoff.

All that said:

GO HABS GO!

Giv'er, boys! Home fans want/need/deserve a big win.

Archived