Plekanec 23pts

Koivu 21pts

Price 7-5-2 2.94GAA .909sv%

Flyers:16-10-2 34pts 5th In East

Richards 34pts

Briere 32pts

Lupul 23pts

Biron 13-8-2 2.58GAA .923sv%

Well its back to the "friendly" confines of the road for 1 game, a game we need to take 2pts in especially with the Leafs in town saturdaynight.Carey gets his 5th call in a row and Sergei kostitsyn was called up earlier today they say he will meet the team in Philly tonight and possibly play with saku and chris... Kostitsyn the younger has 22pts in 22 games in hamilton.

Patty Brisebois has a shoulder issue and didnt make the trip, and as you know Smolinski will miss the next 6 weeks(knee) and Begin 3 weeks(shoulder)

gt3ow4.jpg

Downtown Philly

Guest HabsFanStuckInToronto!

Well, with all these callups recently, I see a full youth movement coming on with the Canadiens. These young guys are going to get great experience and when we finally get that big trade/player we will have people to back the person up.

Serghei, I hope he gets his chance on a offensive line and since the Plekanec's line is working on all cylinders right not, I guess it might be him on Koivu's line but we will have to wait and see.

Price will need to be good and give Montreal a chance for those 2 points! Philly rolled over Pittsburgh, lets roll over Philly!!!

I really don't know what to predict of this game with how we've played lately. :mellow:

It honestly can go either way.

we got to be ready out of the gate i tell ya, could be ugly if were not

Guest WantMoreCups

im curiouse to see what the lines are going to look like. wouldnt mind seeing sergei with koivu and higgins. he would probly do better the what ryder did on the first line this year lol :P

With us fielding a very young team, I'm expecting tons of mistakes which will result in turnovers, making this game totally one-sided. I'm expecting the Flyers to win by 4, either 5-1 or 6-2, and it won't be Price's fault.

And then, I'm predicting the chicken little syndrome on the team and Carbonneau.

Guest Mauro_Biello

Lots of young guys yeah, but we all know that Carbo benches them like hotcakes at their first mistake so maybe we won't see so many turnovers. I hope Rhino Burn isn't too devasted from his fall and bench last game. I wanna see this guy knocking the lights out of those goons.

Guest FlHabsFan

With the interesting stat that since Ryder has left the first line that Koivu has only had 1 point since, I wish they would put him back on the first. He is still not producing, himself. But if it helps koivu regain his form, I would be all for it.

And then, I'm predicting the chicken little syndrome on the team and Carbonneau.

Cant we just catch them all and make chicken little soup :P ....

A win would be nice, but most important for me is to see a energetic group of guys having fun. Maybe they will even suprise us, you never know, but I think its a good thing that our young core is getting the call.

GO HABS GO!!!

Guest habsgal

I just want two things for tonight: I wanna see effort and I don't wanna be looking like this :blink: ...trying to pick up the jersey # of who is playing with who with all that stupid line shuffling. Cohesiveness and character would be something to build on - hopefully it starts tonight.

Guest jennifer_rocket

I hear Philadelphia is a nice city...? I had a friend who visited there for a few weeks once. Not to mention, the show "It's always sunny in Philadelphia" knocks my socks off.

Also, I hope that Philadelphia doesn't kill any of our players! :blink:

Come on Sergei! Notch your first career NHL point tonight, and help us get on the track to winning! ;)

Guest netcase
Lots of young guys yeah, but we all know that Carbo benches them like hotcakes at their first mistake so maybe we won't see so many turnovers. I hope Rhino Burn isn't too devasted from his fall and bench last game. I wanna see this guy knocking the lights out of those goons.

If we could stay out of the box, especially in the third, that would be a big help.

We need the guys coming out and hitting like crazy but keep it clean.

Guest scarface

we need this badly,especially before playing the maple leafs on saturday night.the philly squad is big but it doesn't itimidate us,we can play with these bullies,lol!what they did to pittsburg was just awful,they got away with alot bad calls. we need our muscle to step up if we have any,lol!.i know we got some d-men sidelined right now,but i think we can compensate,and besides,we're on the road.we tend to play better than at the BELL.it'll be tuff tonight but we gotta come out and score first.

go habs go!!!

Guest olddude

Nice game thread.

This could be a tough one. I hope no one expects Sergei to lead us to victory, after all he will be the one looking for leadership. I just hope he has a great game and gets a chance to stay for a while, so we can see and properly evaluate his play at this level.

That being said, it's GO HABS GO

Guest mossman
With the interesting stat that since Ryder has left the first line that Koivu has only had 1 point since, I wish they would put him back on the first. He is still not producing, himself. But if it helps koivu regain his form, I would be all for it.

What is the team's record before and after Ryder was taken off the first line?

Putting Sergei on the 1st line is a big mistake, just like putting Dandenault and Streit there. This is our first line and deserves more than a call-up or defenceman. And Sergei, nothing against him, has 6 goals in the AHL this year. Not exactly a big producer. Put Ryder back there (as stated in an earlier post, Koivu has 1 point since Ryder was taken off) and let the chemistry of Koivu-Higgins-Ryder develop and let both Koivu and Ryder work out of their slumps. It does him (Ryder) no good being on the 4th, then the 3rd, then benched, then the 3rd, etc etc etc. He is also getting less and less minutes per game, so how is he supposed to rebound with the utter lack of confidence shown in him by the coach and less and less opportunity to get it going. The line experimentation did not work last year and they are not working this year. Sign of bad/panicky coaching. A little patience and faith in the players wouldn't hurt. Our problems are much bigger than Ryder not scoring. The defensive zone play, horrendous turnovers and inability for most of the players to get decent shots on net are glaring problems. Darren Pang said it right when he noted Montreal is very small up the middle with Koivu and Plekanec small centers. We also have very little toughness on our team. Komi has stopped hitting (picking it up a bit lately though) and Boullion has only started to hit like he did 2 years ago. Teams are not afraid of the Habs and push them around and when we are in defensive zone coverage, these guys look like they are afraid to hit. We also need a consistent 60 minute effort and the players say this over and over, yet we never see it. They say they have to stop taking periods off yet they continue to do it. Stop talking, start doing.

Tilts with Philly have usually been very entertaining over the past couple of seasons. With the youth in our line-up and Philly's usual antics this season, I'm thinking the boys will be fired up and we'll see our A game tonight. This should be a fun one.

Archived