WE’RE ON THE AIR
ITS HOCKEY NIGHT TONIGHT

Tonight’s battle is between the

tbl.jpg

TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING!

AND YOUR

MTL.gif

MONTREAL CANADIENS!!!

The Game is being played at the St. Pete Times Forum in downtown Tampa, Florida.

sptf.jpg

Where the weather calls for sunny skies and a chilly high of 25*C/77*F.

The Lightning, who are coming off an away game against the Capitals in Washington last night, come in with a record of 15-18-3 and are ranked #14 in the eastern division with 33 points

While the Canadiens are coming off a 4 day rest after a heartbreaking 4-1 loss the Dallas Stars on Sunday. With a record of 17-13-6 and are ranked # 5 in the east, with 40 points, with 3 games remaining in this road trip

The expected starting goalies:

Tampa Bay Lightning

Johan Holmqvist!
holmer.jpg

For the Montreal Canadiens!

CRISTOBAL HUET!
huetgoal.jpg

gohabsgo.gifGO HABS GO!!! gohabsgo.gif

Guest FlHabsFan

Yeah. Snuck it in a night early. Wanted to make sure I got it in since I probably will be out tonight, and I know I will be out all day tomorrow

(prays to the hockey gods that the team stays at the hotel across from the forum so they can walk to the morning skate and then again to the game)

Guest WindsorHab#10

Hard to predict the outcome not knowing which team is going to show up. Despite all the struggles we have had the last few weeks, we are still in the thick of things and hopefully we can bounce back with a couple of victories in Florida. Payback time guys and it all starts tomorrow night. GO HABS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Miltie01
gO hABS gO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!gET A SHUTOUT HUET[/size][/color] :DgO hABS gO gO hABS gO gO hABS gO gO hABS gO gO hABS gO gO hABS gO

That's the spirit.....I love it !!!

Guest futurestar3
The answer is simple : How can Huet not be the starter ?????

whta do you mean how can huet not be the starterall goalies have bad days and huet has had them and still been stuck back in net two days later and this way price is on a four day rest so he would be good to go plus they both have the same amount of points

Guest WindsorHab#10
whta do you mean how can huet not be the starterall goalies have bad days and huet has had them and still been stuck back in net two days later and this way price is on a four day rest so he would be good to go plus they both have the same amount of points

We have back to back games in Florida. Whoever starts Thursday will probably get the night off Friday, even though I think Whoever starts Tomorrow and plays well should also play Friday.

Guest Metallica_Dan

I hope the Habs win this one. I have a bet with a girl at work who's a Lightning fan and if I lose I have to put up a Lecavalier wallpaper for the whole day.

Speaking of projected lines... Where would I find those? Someone mentioned that journalists had the day off so they aren't posted here yet but is there a place to see them? I looked all over Canadiens.com but couldn't find last game's starting lines.

Guest CHforever

Last 2 games, Huet had good games. Last 2 games, Price had bad games.

Here's to a good game. TB is sucking with a good team, Montreal is good with a good team. We have a better goals against, they have 5 more goals scored. This should be close and if Huet can stone the big 3, then we can win. All I know for sure is that the game is being played on ice, and there may be some fans in the arena, besides that who knows what the outcome will be.

Let's go Canadiens, stop these Southern teams from taking points from us. Hockey is great, and so are our Canadiens.

Guest FlHabsFan

Vinny has been the only one producing as of late. Even lightning fans are getting frustrated with Brad and Marty. People think they are just coasting this year. We "might" be facing Ramo today. Their young goalie. If thats the case, we need to keep people parked in front of the net as he loves to give up bad rebounds.

First time this season for the Habs on CBC nationwide when not playing TO :P

Actually the afternoon game in November against Ottawa was on CBC nationwide. But in any case, I think Mexico must have just froze over because the CBC is showing the Habs nationally tonight (including Ontario) when the Leafs are also playing tonight in Philadelphia (albeit LeafsTV is showing it). But I'll be watching on RDS as per usual.

Anyway, the Canadiens really need a solid effort tonight. Just not good enough against Dallas the other night. They were pinned in their own end for the entire first period at least it seemed. These are key points tonight in Tampa and tomorrow against the Panthers. These annual Christmas/New Years roadtrips really kill us every year...

Archived