The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Montreal @ Florida | Dec. 28 2007 | Final: 5-1 Habs

FlHabsFan

Guest FlHabsFan
MTL.gif

Vs

Florida-Panthers-logo.gif

Tonight's game is being played in Sunrise Florida. Both teams are coming off impressive wins.

Montreal, behind the goaltending of Cristobal Huet and goals by Maxim LaPierre, Markov, Kovalev, A. Kostitsyn, & Latendresse, blitzed the Tampa Bay Lightning for a 5-2 win at the St. Pete Times Forum after a 3 day holiday break.

Meanwhile the (Stinking)Florida Panthers are coming off a 5-3 win over the Thrashers in Atlanta.

Expected starting goalies.

For Montreal:

price1.jpg

9-7-2 a 2.79gaa & .911 sv%

For Florida
8467950.jpg

Craig Anderson
Who is 0-4-1 (woohoo!). A 3.10 gaa and .899 Sv%

GO HABS GO!!!

Hope no one minds. Looks like this is game thread wasnt reserved. And its game day

Guest HABSrockmyboat

the habs should win this one even though florida is the only team in nhl history to have a winning record against the habs. including thus yr but things are going to change tonite. are the goalies poated in the game thread confirmed price and anderson? if they r im going for a huge habs win. if vokoun is in it will be a closer habs win.

Guest Miltie01

Like any time we play Florida, I ask the boys to play with patience.

They play typical Jacques Martin hockey, and frustrate you.

When you get frustrated you try to force plays that are not there.

When you force the play , you make mistakes, they intercept and score.

Patience is the key.

Nothing will come quickly or easily tonight, but if they stick to the gameplan and show some perseverence, it will come.

Guest overlords

Has craig anderson been confirmed? I know vokoun faced about 41 shots last night, so he'd be tired. It would be great news for us to play against someone other than vokoun.

Guest FlHabsFan
Has craig anderson been confirmed? I know vokoun faced about 41 shots last night, so he'd be tired. It would be great news for us to play against someone other than vokoun.

Considering NHL.com was wrong on Price, anything is possible :P

Guest HabsFanStuckInToronto!

No way to tell who will be in for Florida. Volkoun had a busy night but prevailed with the win so either they are going to ride the hot hand, or give him the break.

Have to work just as hard as last night and a win will easily come GO HABS GO!!!

Guest 77Bourque77
Koivu is sick and his presence on the lineup is uncertain Source rds.ca

If the Kaptain doesn't play, it means Chips is back in but what the lines will be, your guess is as good as mine.

lets see if chips can fill # 1 center!! :P

well if he doesnt play, bring pleks up? get higgins or chips to center the second line?

if koivu doesnt play his presence will be missed, but it should get the boys into the game.

lets see if chips can fill # 1 center!! :P

well if he doesnt play, bring pleks up? get higgins or chips to center the second line?

if koivu doesnt play his presence will be missed, but it should get the boys into the game.

Better than the other option... Lapierre! :blink:

Guest concreteveins

If Koivu is sick I would like to see these lines:

Higgins - Pleks - Kovalev

A. Kostisyn - Dandenault - S. Kostitsyn

Lats - Chipchura - Ryder

Streit - Lapierre - Kostopolous

Guest FREDDYBEACH HAB
If Koivu is sick I would like to see these lines:

Higgins - Pleks - Kovalev

A. Kostisyn - Dandenault - S. Kostitsyn

Lats - Chipchura - Ryder

Streit - Lapierre - Kostopolous

Is Dandenault a centre?

need to come right back with the same effort tonight, it will be tough in New York on sunday im sure our minds will be wandering again with the new years break comin up..... 2pts is crucial in miami

Archived