The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

19,000 All-time Canadiens Goals This Season?

BrownSugarl

Guest Waiting for Cup 25

Neat little stat courtesy of NHL.com.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?articleid=34826...mp;service=page

The Bruins scored their 18,000th (all-time) goal today, making them second behind the Habs' 18,886. This begs the question, will we see #19,000 this season? With 116 in the books after 39 games, I think 114 more is doable by game 82.

We'd need a total of 230 this year; we had 245 last year.

Guest thefooligan5

The Bruins scored their 18,000th (all-time) goal today, making them second behind the Habs' 18,886. This begs the question, will we see #19,000 this season? With 116 in the books after 39 games, I think 114 more is doable by game 82.

i wonder how many goals it will take to get their 25th cup ....

could be an interesting stat.

oh, and yes, i'd say 19,000 is almost a given this year. The guys seem to be scoring slightly more than at the beginning of the season so I have no doubts they will reach that mark before game 80.

Guest thefooligan5

i wonder how many goals it will take to get their 25th cup ....

could be an interesting stat.

oh, and yes, i'd say 19,000 is almost a given this year. The guys seem to be scoring slightly more than at the beginning of the season so I have no doubts they will reach that mark before game 80.

Guest habsfan7344

OHH YAH we are ganna make it if some more boys comtribute like if Kovalev, Pleks, Komi, A.Kostitsyn, Markov, Streit, Higgins keep going on we ganna make it!! and even Ryder is shapping, YAHH hands down we can do it!!

Guest habFAN

well this team is better then last year and 245 last season for this team is very reachable. 230 will be no problem i can see the team with about 245 - 250 again

• 4 weeks later...

interesting statistic,

i gotta say that its definatly a reachable goal, and something to mark in the history books.

w00t!

-Matt

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Waiting for Cup 25

50 goals left to 230 and 19K. 24 games left. I think this one is gonna happen. Predictions as to which game? I'm going to say 20 March at the Bruins. Koivu.

Guest QbGamer

Oh wow, it could very well happen. It would be a horrible shame if it didnt happen this year. As we would pretty much have to really stink it up during the next stretch

• 2 weeks later...
Guest QbGamer
201 down, 29 to go.

Should be a walk in the park.

Not to mention we have scored this many goals with not many rental players on our team over the years, a bonus ;)

Guest Never213
50 goals left to 230 and 19K. 24 games left. I think this one is gonna happen. Predictions as to which game? I'm going to say 20 March at the Bruins. Koivu.

Statistically speaking it should happen 8 games from now, so Senators on the 13th. However, we play NJ twice and the Ducks once in this time period, so I'll have to agree with you and say that it'll happen against the Bruins on the 20th. But it'll obviously be Michael Ryder.

Guest Waiting for Cup 25

222 in the books. 8 to go. #19000 will come this week! My prediction is already out the window!

Guest overlords
222 in the books. 8 to go. #19000 will come this week! My prediction is already out the window!

i'm really starting to wonder if they'll even mention it at the game it's scored (if it's at home).

Guest martinm87
i'm really starting to wonder if they'll even mention it at the game it's scored (if it's at home).

Most likely, I was at Saku Koivu's 500th point game last January and they put it up on the big screen. There was a 3-5 minute standing ovation (my hands hurt from clapping for so long).

Guest Never213

Only 8 to go so I'll be forced to drastically alter my predictions. I think it'll happen tomorrow on a 8-0 win over Anaheim, Kovalev gets all 8.

Or maybe mathematics will prevail and it'll indeed happen against Ottawa on the 13th. In which case it'd have to be Ryder's goal, logically.

Guest Waiting for Cup 25
cool,

20,000 when will the habs reach that?

I hate math...

I figure that it'll happen sometime in the 2012-2013 season. We're on pace this year for about 260.

07-08: 260 (estimate)

06-07: 245

05-06: 243

03-04: 208

02-03: 206

01-02: 207

Average goals since 2001-02 season: 228

1000 goals remaining divided by 228 is 4.385 seasons, making it early-mid 2012-2013 season.

Archived