Tampa Bay @ Montreal | Jan. 3 2008 | Final: 6-3 Habs

FlHabsFan

Guest FlHabsFan
HABBY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!

NYt3.gif

Tonight’s game to be played at

Bell Centre

bellcentrebv4.jpg

Tonight, your 4th ranked Montreal Canadiens come off a 3 day break and start off 2008 by welcoming the Tampa Bay Lightning to town 1 week after going to Tampa and grounding the bolts with a 5-2 victory. And finished our 6 game holiday road trup with an overtime loss to the New York Rangers on Sunday.

Meanwhile, the Eastern Conference’s Cellar Dweller Lightning are coming off a New Year’s Day loss to the Toronto Maple Laffs in the Air Canada Center where they lost in a shootout by the final score of 4-3

Lets take the season series lead on Tampa and send them on to Ottawa with a league worst’s road record of 3-14-2 record (Hey…3/14 is my birthday. I like it!)

The expected starting goalies:

Tampa Bay Lightning

ramo.jpg

And if he isn’t starting, expect to see him by the 2nd period when Homqvist is chased from his 5th game in 6 starts.

Karri, the rookie from Finland gets his 5th start of the season in a Lightning Uniform. Compiling a record of 2.74GAA and a .909 sv% and a record of 1-3-1

For the Montreal Canadiens

Not sure on the starter.

Will it be another day in office for Cristobal Huet?

huetgoal.jpg

Or will Price need to Carey the Habs?

price1.jpg

Hopefully Captain K, Saku Koivu, will have kicked the flu bug and be at 100% for this game!

koivu.jpg

GO HABS GO!!!

Oh, speaking of the Leafs. I found this funny. Even Microsoft knew who I meant.

leafs.jpg

Guest Miltie01

We have to be ready !!!

Notoriously teams in the NHL blow the first game back home after a long road trip.

Probably their wives having a bunch of pent up nagging they have to make up for !!!!

We have to be ready !!!

Notoriously teams in the NHL blow the first game back home after a long road trip.

Probably their wives having a bunch of pent up nagging they have to make up for !!!!

Well... :P ...

... they had 3+ days to see to that :lol:

Hopefully the guys will start a winning trend on home ice for 2008 .... what am I saying, no hopefully about it... they WILL start a winning trend on home ice for 2008 :D

On another matter, does anyone know at what time the morning skate starts tomorrow ? please and thank you

Guest King-Carey-31

Is that the right move? I mean are we hurting price be letting him play left bench?? time will tell, i think we need to come out flying in this one and chase the starter after about 5 minutes :)

Guest Alastair[LighT]

Price will be ok. He's still practicing all the time, and he's very young, and he'll have another streak where he plays a whole bunch of games I'm sure.

Price will probably not be great in his very first game, but he'll be fine from then on I think. I have never noticed him having problems with rust before, so he'll be ready to go I'm sure when his time comes.

Guest ChuckNorris

Oh god...

Tampa lost last night to the backup of a backup goalie (Clemmeson played for Raycrap, who is himself the backup of Toskaka)

So they'll be fueled by wrath. And we'd better be ready.

Guest King-Carey-31
Oh god...

Tampa lost last night to the backup of a backup goalie (Clemmeson played for Raycrap, who is himself the backup of Toskaka)

So they'll be fueled by wrath. And we'd better be ready.

thats not wrath, its just gas, we should stomp them.....SHOULD

Guest FlHabsFan

to JL.

Saw your post in the last thread. I just put that there in case anyone had planned to do the thread. Since I did 2 last week, didnt want to step on toes :D

Guest overlords

They're one of the worst teams in the league now with a coach who never gives them any credit, this SHOULD be easy if even half of our team shows up. I'd say the game is more or less up to komi and markov shutting down a certain quebecois player ;)

Guest King-Carey-31
They're one of the worst teams in the league now with a coach who never gives them any credit, this SHOULD be easy if even half of our team shows up. I'd say the game is more or less up to komi and markov shutting down a certain quebecois player ;)

yeah, but, thats not an "easy" task tbh

I'd say the game is more or less up to komi and markov shutting down a certain quebecois player ;)

I fully agree with you and I like the fact that the game is in Montreal and that we have the last change, allowing us to match our best defensive pair against Lecavalier and St-Louis.

Guest King-Carey-31
I fully agree with you and I like the fact that the game is in Montreal and that we have the last change, allowing us to match our best defensive pair against Lecavalier and St-Louis.

i dont.

Guest HabsFanStuckInToronto!

This is not going to be an easy game! The Tampa Bay Lightning are going to have a huge desire to win especially after coming so close and Montreal just came back from a long road trip.

It will need a team effort to be successful! Good skating, solid defense and a present offense!

GO HABS GO! I know you can do it!

Guest King-Carey-31

well, Huet is better than ALL of the TB goalies, so he better outplay them.......imo this is huets tryout for TB....he performs well and they will come knocking

Archived